[SCR] [07.02.11] Trade Overview 2.05 by ScRaT

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 11:12

Using this and it is a great way to manage your income/expenses (especially as I like to add scripts that uses taxes and salaries and so on).

I too, like redwards, am wondering about how to remove a station part of a complex.

Is there anyway to add functionality to see the NPC traders name in sales instead of your complex? Might not be possible?

A very useful script!
Thank you!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 12:45

I too, like redwards, am wondering about how to remove a station part of a complex.
Oh, sorry. I completely forgot about that.
I guess the only way to do this is to run the uninstall script and then the setup script again. This should reset all arrays holding the objects which are monitored.
Of course you have to re-add all objects. The good thing is, that the data of the objects isn't lost, but should be there again.
Is there anyway to add functionality to see the NPC traders name in sales instead of your complex? Might not be possible?
What do you mean by "see the NPC traders name in sales"?

Greetings,
ScRaT

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 12:59

It is not of a major importance.
But if I sell Spaceweed to a NPC ship that docked to my Complex it would be nifty to see the NPC transport name.

EDIT - Clarification. It is on the Spaceweed traded part I was thinking of. Where it only mentions my complex as the origin and of sales. Would be nice to see the ship that bought the commodity rather than a long list of my station.
I shouldn't have brought it up, it is such a minor blemish and not of real importance.
END EDIT

What use? Well, one can check up on what traders are buying what - are they smugglers, pirates or other. One can then have a thought about adjusting friend or foe for sales purposes and notoriety.

Only a minor aesthetic and trade valuable information.

For me, I am playing mostly for as much RPG connection I can get :) Thus seeing the traders name would also immerse me more into the game - knowing my costumers and such.

I will try the un-install/re-install trick.

Thank you.
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

tianlongprc
x3tc

Post by tianlongprc » Tue, 14. Jun 11, 20:59

any reason why this script is not taking into account flight time. I have a simple mine and train ship flying but it says he has made no money and that his flight time is stuck at 00.00.00. Ty in advance

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Wed, 15. Jun 11, 13:30

The flighttime is only updated when the ship trades - so maybe it didn't trade?

Greetings,
ScRaT

tianlongprc
x3tc

Post by tianlongprc » Wed, 15. Jun 11, 17:54

That was the problem thank you very much

Cainmosni

Post by Cainmosni » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 23:18

Edit: Nevermind. I learned about the script editor and how to activate it.

I am extremely new to the X games and this is the first mod/script I have tried to install so far, so sorry for the newbie question. I can not figure out how to assign the hotkey to use this script. I have scoured the in-game control menu and cannot find an 'Open Trade Overview.' All I have done is extract the files into the game folder, do I need to do something more to install it first? Or are the hotkeys assigned somewhere else?
Thanks for the help, and the script looks brilliant.

Domiel

Post by Domiel » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 20:25

So when ever I rename a ship/station it seems the trade overview will keep update the profits for the renamed object BUT it will not update the renamed Object. So if i renamed my Sector trader to A Universe Trader it will still be displayed with the old name as a sector trader in the trade overview....
Is there any way to fix this?
It really sucks having to re-add an object and loose all the trade information :cry:

manticore373

financial transaction manager

Post by manticore373 » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 13:24

I've searched this forum but haven't found exactly what i was looking for.
Is there a mod/script that allows me to see all the buy/sell transaction that I (the player) or any of my ships/stations made? All the buy and sell orders with info on who exactly made the trade, when and where.

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 13:40

you can find this in here in two minutes. That's the reason why these sticky threads exist :wink:

manticore373

Post by manticore373 » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 14:15

Thanks! I missed that one somehow... :roll:
It look exactly what i need but i cant seem to get to the report itself, i just get the "add new", "remove" and "settings" window...
I've added some stations by name, but where's the report? :?

{At this point we reread the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1, but opt to merge instead. jlehtone}

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 17:18

I've added some stations by name, but where's the report? Confused
If the station already traded, the report can be accessed by selecting the station from the main menu.

Greetings,
ScRaT

manticore373

Post by manticore373 » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 21:53

The only menu i have is "Trade Overview". Is that the main menu? There are only the three options i listed above, and nothing else.

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 08:08

Yes, that's the main menu. Once you added objects (as you've already done, I guess) they *should* appear in the menu.
Could you maybe re-add the stations (or try your playership)?

Greetings,
ScRaT

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 03:55

cheers, adding this to my game now :D

Khift

Post by Khift » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 20:34

When it says "per stazura" does it actually mean per hour? Because time is clearly measured in standard units (hours, minutes and seconds) and can you get the figure listed in the "per stazura" column by diving total profit by hours of flight time. Not a terribly big deal just confusing as all, seeing how a stazura is ~4.35 hours it can make a big difference in calculations like these.

boxleitnerb
x3tc

Post by boxleitnerb » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 20:25

Is it normal that in the transaction log every buying price is negative?

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 23:06

When it says "per stazura" does it actually mean per hour? Because time is clearly measured in standard units (hours, minutes and seconds) and can you get the figure listed in the "per stazura" column by diving total profit by hours of flight time. Not a terribly big deal just confusing as all, seeing how a stazura is ~4.35 hours it can make a big difference in calculations like these.
It's per ingame hour. Whether you want to count these as "our" hours or as stazuras is up to you. I chose "stazura" because it seemed more atmospheric at the time of writing.
Is it normal that in the transaction log every buying price is negative?
Yes. Buying stuff costs money, thus it's counted negative. When you sell, everything should be counted positive. (Note: It's the other way around for your stations)

Greetings,
ScRaT

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 00:30

Great script. Works in AP (and TC for AP "mod"). Exactly what I was looking for.

wga

Post by wga » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 04:37

Suggestion:

1. Place 'unit' information on top, leave more space for numbers

Code: Select all

Profit        Profit/Stazura: 
   123.456 Cr.   212.935 Cr. 
To

Profit (Cr.)  Profit/Stazura: (Cr.)
   123.456       212.935  
2. Left pad space for numbers, fonts may vary width, but still better view, put an option (Y/n) ?

To

Since the script will update screen when things changes. Simply keep last max space number, apply it, and check max spaces when updating current screen. We will only miss one screen when largest number advance one digit. However profits won't always go next digit for each screen update

3. An option for set display unit as 1, 1,000(k), 1,000,000(m), 1,000,000,000(b). numbers bellow the display unit simply don't show up (profit less than 1m, I don't care now!)

4. Delete first or last xx items by profit, bought, sold ... etc. Let user input the number of items to delete. For example, delete the last [10] profits' item

5. An option (Y/n) for display recent transaction show top, then we don't need to scroll down what sold, bought recently

6. In transaction view (ship, station, item), display the numbers with different color
bought at avg price, show white, mark green if below, red if above
sold at avg price, show white, mark green if above, red if below
In overview, add avg bought, avg sold for each item, use same color modification above

Well, this is a great script, I can't help to check and think more on it :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”