X3TC Bonus Pack - Script Submission Details

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 13:45

Perhaps I am confusing 'Bonus Pack' with the 'Super Box' stuff going on. I am unclear as to how they relate to each other.
Space Cowboy - http://www.myspace.com/hardknight

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

HKP Transponder Interface Software
HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 09:07

The bonus pack will be a freely downloadable collection of community scripts chosen as adding functionality which is deemed to complement Terran Conflict.

The superbox will be a commercial re-release of all the games in the X series, along with selected additional content, across the spectrum of fan-created stuff - guides, screenshots, saved games, fan-fiction, scripts, mods, ships, etc.

Sareth01
x3tc

what scripts?

Post by Sareth01 » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 01:01

what scripts/mods you guys already have? i tried the links on the first page and they didn't work, I'm assuming that i don't have permission. Anyways, it is exciting that over time mods/scripts will be made compatible so that there will be fewer incompatible mods ( i hope! ).
Thanks Egosoft!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 23:25

just to expand on what eladan said.

the bonus pack are where the scripts get signed, this means anyone can use them without modifiing thier game.

when u submit these, u will need to help the script signing team to make changes where necessary to comply with the script sign rules.

the superbox on the other hand will be a large collection of scripts and mod as well as all the X games together, these scripts are not signed, so u still need the game to be modified to use them. But u wont need to hepl doing any additional work on them as they will be added as is.

Chaosras which is it you wanted your script to be part of, the super box or the bonus pack, or even both?
and ill get it added into the right place.

For anyone else wandering:
The email to send scripts too is specifically for the bonus pack, for the superbox, it'll be best just sending me a message instead.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 22:04

Cycrow wrote:...

Chaosras which is it you wanted your script to be part of, the super box or the bonus pack, or even both?
and ill get it added into the right place.

Both would be great, thanks! And while I have your attention, you can add my HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage to the super box consideration pile :)
Space Cowboy - http://www.myspace.com/hardknight

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

HKP Transponder Interface Software
HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 11:34

I know that these questions are generally not well received, but I would like to have an idea, even a very rough estimation on when the bonus pack will be ready. I'm not interested on the exact date, not even in the month. Just to know if it would be in Q3 or Q4 of 2009 or even in 2010.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 10:12

vbruzual wrote:I know that these questions are generally not well received, but I would like to have an idea, even a very rough estimation on when the bonus pack will be ready. I'm not interested on the exact date, not even in the month. Just to know if it would be in Q3 or Q4 of 2009 or even in 2010.

18th of Jolember give or take... :wink: x2

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 10:48

vbruzual wrote:I know that these questions are generally not well received, but ...
You probably are L3 so you can check what happens in the L3+ Script Signing Forum, and draw your own conclusions based on that data.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 11:45

jlehtone wrote:You probably are L3 so you can check what happens in the L3+ Script Signing Forum, and draw your own conclusions based on that data.
Yes I am and that's why I'm asking, there's absolutely no updates since July 23th, which can mean two things:
1) All scripts are tested and working OK
2) There are other priorities and the project is on hold.

Either way, there's no hint on when the pack would be ready to be released.

Anyways, is not such a big deal, just wanted more info before deciding to use some unsigned scripts.

Reitema
x4

Post by Reitema » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 15:50

hmm I was wondering about that too... I remember I loved the x3 bonus pack heh, I used everything but the afterburner. Commercial Agent is an absolute godsent. Hope it comes out soon for TC!

bennyg

Post by bennyg » Fri, 18. Sep 09, 17:22

amen. I was horribly surprised to find many of the scripts from the X3R bonus pack were not in vanilla X3TC !!!

How CAG and CLS weren't converted is completely beyond me. Dock Manager !!! Simple but missing !!!

I really do hope Egosoft do something innovative and add something that will do something *different* like race invasions and sector takeovers.

What point is there in a bonus pack consisting of scripts we all already use? [EDIT: well perhaps that's a bit presumptuous of me to assume, but I for one would be tearing my hair out and demanding a refund if I weren't using 3P scripts and mods to remove bugs, inexplicably missing features, and obvious frustrations]

P.S. Commercial Agent (CAG) does exist for TC, I've been using it for a while now (to buy the 150k Teladi'm and 450k Ore for the Hub plot among other things) ... sorry I couldn't find it in my browser history to give you the direct link but it is in the GERMAN forum. The file names are
Befehlsbibliothek
Handelsvertretung
Warenlogistiksoftware
(one's CAG, one's CLS [have a guess], one's libraries common to both, thank god that ingame they support english!)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 18. Sep 09, 18:11

bennyg wrote:amen. I was horribly surprised to find many of the scripts from the X3R bonus pack were not in vanilla X3TC !!!

How CAG and CLS weren't converted is completely beyond me. Dock Manager !!! Simple but missing !!!
maybe because they no longer worked in TC and egosoft didn't make the scripts, it would be harder for them to convert and test them

egosoft dont have infinite resources to be able to put every features in
bennyg wrote: I really do hope Egosoft do something innovative and add something that will do something *different* like race invasions and sector takeovers.

What point is there in a bonus pack consisting of scripts we all already use? [EDIT: well perhaps that's a bit presumptuous of me to assume, but I for one would be tearing my hair out and demanding a refund if I weren't using 3P scripts and mods to remove bugs, inexplicably missing features, and obvious frustrations]
u obviosuly dont understand what the bonus pack is all about.
the bonus pack never has been written by egosoft, they dont create the scripts

asking for scripts that dont exist to be added to the bonus pack is ridicoulous.

the bonus pack is about taking the communitys work and allow everyone to use them not just the ppl that are comfortable with modified games.

bonus pack scripts have the same functionality than the ones currently available from the community, the only difference is that they can be played in an unmodified game.

if that doesn't matter for you, then obviously the bonus pack will make no difference to u

Reitema
x4

Post by Reitema » Sat, 19. Sep 09, 10:41

Personally I don't consider X3TC to be all that lacking... one visit to the L3 forums can show you that a lot of people are working quite tirelessly fix bugs that exist and others who summarly blast those fixes full of holes again heh... this is mostly done by community members in their own time, which is great...
As for the bonus pack, yeah it's been quiet... I'm a patient man though, it's not like I'm doing anything to further the art of scripting around here heh. I think it's (again) great that Egosoft facilitates this incredible level of community input to the extent of allowing a signed bonus pack to be made out of it. With this in mind it's not exactly fitting to demand that everybody gets their ass into second gear to fork over a bonus pack which is fully created by and for the community is it?
I don't mind the wait personally, it was worth it the last time around :)

(edit- typo...)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 06:01

vbruzual wrote: Yes I am and that's why I'm asking, there's absolutely no updates since July 23th, which can mean two things:
1) All scripts are tested and working OK
2) There are other priorities and the project is on hold.
I think one of the reasons why there can be no traffic is that there is no beta version of the bonus pack that would not make your game "modified"... I'm happy to do some testing on a not-so-stable version (after all it was the case with most bonus pack releases anyway) but I don't want to start a new game for it...

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 06:36

If only the Complex Cleaner could be added...

PQTaggart
x3tc

Post by PQTaggart » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 11:08

Suggestion:

What about creating two releases instead of waiting for every script to be in a good shape? I wouldn't mind if there'd be a V1.0 and a V2.0 of a BonusPack. Or even sign and release the most important scripts separately.

My personal opinion is that once your trading empire has reached a certain size, it's very cumbersome to play X3TC without CAG / CLS. Those two scripts (and maybe others) are available for a long time now and are thouroulgy tested for X3TC. Why should they not be signed and released now? Just because others don't get their stuff running? :?

IMHO, I'm also a patient person. I've waited for CAG/CLS to be signed for over 5 months now. I just don't want to get my main game flagged "modified".

Pleeeeeease, give us a little x-mas present - even if it's imcomplete ! :)
Never give up! Never surrender!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 13:11

there has always been seperate releases of the bonus pack, not all scripts or updates will be in the first one, and there will most likly be multiple releases.

one thing thats slowing down the process is the lack of testing in the level 3 forums

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 19:08

Cycrow wrote:one thing thats slowing down the process is the lack of testing in the level 3 forums
I wonder why ES doesn't do the same thing as with patches: sign an RC version and make it available to L3? This way the would expand the tester base to at least one additional person (myself) :) ...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 19:10

kurush wrote:
Cycrow wrote:one thing thats slowing down the process is the lack of testing in the level 3 forums
I wonder why ES doesn't do the same thing as with patches: sign an RC version and make it available to L3? This way the would expand the tester base to at least one additional person (myself) :) ...
there is, and always has been this available ;)

the L3 Script Testing forums has all the current bonus pack material for testing

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 20:35

Cycrow wrote:the L3 Script Testing forums has all the current bonus pack material for testing
I think is over an year since its there....should I ask when will be released....I gues NO because the answear will be "When will be released you will see a sticky " :roll:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”