[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 08:36

Does anyone have a version of this that works in AP?

Cycrow's Advanced Hyperdrive does not seem to be happy in AP, and I've always used this script in it's place. Thanks!

EDIT: Hmmm. Somehow the EMP version of this is working for me in latest AP, with XRM mod. Go figure.

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Sun, 10. Jun 12, 12:44

Anyone have the original? I cant seem to download from those two sources, keeps saying file not found on either source :(

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 03:00

Just unzip this and install the SPK. The zip contains both the EMP friendly and emp reliant one.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21838722 ... AHD%29.rar

Russbo - I got this to work, the non emp I think... cant remember but this and MARS are my main script/mods I use. I couldn't understand why a star ship would need E-Cells to make a jump when they have an advanced reactor on-bored. I want to try DAD but dunno if it would trash my current AP game.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 17:53

You my friend, have just earned yourself a space fuel next time you're around Terran space.

MageKingS70
x4

Post by MageKingS70 » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 19:03

Cobra-knight wrote:How much are the wares meant to cost in game?

In mine they cost:
Quantum Hyperbolic Drive: 54,228,224
Singularity projector: 188,877,700
Slope Tension Converter: 62,022,316

Is this right? I can remember them being a lot cheaper in X2
They are supposed to cost less; I recently tried to revive this script on my latest Albion Prelude game, and discovered that the package manager is ignoring the modified costs in AHD's TWareT file. Even more annoyingly, using X3 Editor 2 to edit the TWareT.pck the package manager generates only works until the next time the package manager closes, as it overwrites the modified values again.

The problems don't stop there, though, as hyperjumping will occasionally fail with no explanation (some investigation discovered the "use jump drive" script command is failing, but I have no idea how to tell what value it's returning, since it's sure not [TRUE] or [FALSE]), and the sound effects aren't working. On the plus side, ignoring sounds and the still-outdated requirement for an Ecliptic Projector, the Quantum Drive works fine. Has anybody else worked on updating this script, or am I going to have to re-learn MSCI (which I haven't really messed with since X2)?

EDIT: After some further testing (and a quick MSCI refresher), I've determined that the "use jump drive" command is returning FLRET_ERROR for certain targets (like Trans-Orbital Accelerators, if you turn on the "Hyperjump through warpgates" option) and sectors (Unknown Sectors, it seems, except the Hub is perfectly fine despite also being labeled an "Unknown Sector"). Not quite sure what the deal is there, nor how to fix it. Besides leaving "Hyperjump through warpgates" off, of course, but that doesn't fix certain sectors just not being jumpable for whatever reason.

Also, it seems the addons/s/ folder is completely ignored, but putting the sounds in the base TC /s/ folder made them work fine, so that's good. This is actually mostly-working, now. Shock, amazement.

EDIT2: I seemed to recall some non-Unknown Sectors not working, but I couldn't think of an example before. Well, I just tried jumping to Saturn, but it was a no-go. Seems really random to just refuse to jump to certain sectors...

jinkstjb
x3ap

Post by jinkstjb » Sun, 26. May 13, 14:24

Hey folks,

no idea if anyone is still watching this, but I mucked about a bit with the script and got a kind-of-working version.

I completely changed the wares to use PluginManager-Provided EMP wares and in the process changed quite a bit of the initialization, too.

Pros:
  • correct prices
    works as intended on AP 3.0
    more reasonable setup and uninstall
Cons:
  • EMP wares are not Ship extension but normal tech wares, so they show up under Goods and require cargo space
    (though you can have more than one per ship now)
    I didn't check very hard for ware conflicts
    I ignored notoriety requirements
Other:
  • to make my life easier this script now depends on Hotkey Manager and Ware Manager by Cycrow (should come with the Plugin Manager out of the box)
The modded version (I called it 3.0 :D)is available here.
Enjoy and give feedback ;)

EDIT: Make sure to uninstall the old version properly. This one obviously can't clean up the wares from the old one any more.
Last edited by jinkstjb on Mon, 27. May 13, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Sun, 26. May 13, 20:55

downloaded.
Will test as soon as i can :)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 26. May 13, 21:34

Thanks man. Ive been wanting to use this again for a long time. I will report any issues.

adrianx
x3tc

Post by adrianx » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 18:01

Thanks to Loky77 for the original script and jinkstjb for the update.

One strange problem is, seemingly each time I load my current game, an extra hotkey is added : "Adv.Hyper Drive", currently there are 4 copies. In addition there is a "Advanced HyperDrive". I assume the latter is the new updated key and the others are left over from the old version of the script ?

Druzzl
x4

issue with 3.0

Post by Druzzl » Sat, 26. Oct 13, 10:08

i've noticed on my game that i don't have a name for any of the three extra drives. i'm running a lot of mods and can give the list if need be.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Wed, 5. Mar 14, 11:31

Aichouse wrote:I'm getting a Personal Log Entry of "2" anytime any of my ships uses the AutoDrive. How can I turn that off.. It will often give me pages on top of pages of 2s..
For that matter, is that even coming from this script?
Is there a fix for this?
In my case it happens when i use the Q-drive

jukematt
x3tc

Post by jukematt » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 04:57

Oh man! I absolutely LOVED MH_Adv_Jumper in X2. I've only recently come back to the X series (I've been in college) and so am a couple of versions behind...

Anyway, THANK YOU! Especially for the sound files that were originally in that mod!

But, apparently you can no longer get the Ecliptic Projector which is a shame. Even on that German thread, the links are dead. I guess I waited too long to come back.

EDIT: AHAHA! Found it from a post in the German forum:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-844 ... 02.7z.html

Also Available here:
http://www.xuniversum.info/download/x3_ ... fications/
"Happiness is an inner state that we choose to embrace or not. While others can be nurturing toward us, only we can choose to experience happiness." Micah R. Sadigh, PhD

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 19:14

Any way we could get a ZIP file of this?

Neeros
x3tc

Post by Neeros » Sat, 10. Sep 16, 23:47

Is this mod no longer available? Does anyone have it and can upload it?

don911058
x4

Post by don911058 » Sun, 11. Sep 16, 06:00

The mediafre SPK download link on the first page works when using Plugin manager. Just downloaded it a week ago and used in Albion Prelude along with a lot of other mods and it works just fine. The Hyperdrive and Quantum Jump works real well and I love it.

Be aware that when you create warpgates in your game it will show noticable lag, and the more you make warpgates the worst it gets (someone mentioned that the likely problem is the warpgate charging non-player ships to use it). Another bad side effect I noticed is that some established warpgates won't be used anymore by NPC ships, even if I try to re-align the gates using the Gate Hub to see if it will reset the gates.

Edit: Correction, I actually used the updated link posted by jinkstjb a few post above (version 3.0) to replace the 2.0 version from the first page to make it work as I stated.

eveningztar
xr

Re: [SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

Post by eveningztar » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 11:41

This is amazingly awesome 8) , thanks for this great script and thank you for a link that still works. I think the link to the non EMP friendly edition is broken but the EMP friendly is just fine and saved the day :D
God doesn't play dice. Albert Einstein.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”