[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 21:00

Since this is only for 2.0a, are there any problems using it with 2.1?
--

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 23:58

KaZTek wrote:Since this is only for 2.0a, are there any problems using it with 2.1?
You can use it with 2.1 :P

Cheers

Loky

sstbrg

Post by sstbrg » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 21:00

Working quite well on 2.1 here...

Anyway, this bothers me at the moment. Sorry if it had been explained before :oops:

I get the idea of the Singularity Slope Tension Converter, but I'd really like to see a 'device' which will use my shield's (and maybe laser) energy to jump - thus smaller craft will not be able to make huge jumps and it won't feel like my ship produces energy out of nothing.

oVerRateD^

Post by oVerRateD^ » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 18:29

Anyone got this working with the BSG Ships mod?

edit: i spoke to soon... i forgot to install "Community Plugin Configuration." Everything is working fine

Aichouse
x2

Post by Aichouse » Sat, 26. Sep 09, 20:19

I'm getting a Personal Log Entry of "2" anytime any of my ships uses the AutoDrive. How can I turn that off.. It will often give me pages on top of pages of 2s..
For that matter, is that even coming from this script?

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 13:15

Apologies for any thread necromancy but will this work with V2.5?

just so I know before I install it again :P

EDIT: for reference it does work 8)
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 03:39

Hey,
I'm getting the same "loading freeze" as some of the posts I've seen earlier int he thread. Is there any fix to this?

I'm using EMP-X, CMOD3, MARS, and a few of the performance mods.

When i load or start a game, I get the 'ding' for incoming message (your mod does send a message, so that is what the sound is that people described before), and the ding gets stuck in an infinite loop, the game starts chewing up memory until it crashes.

Did anyone find a fix for this? I haven't read every post in the thread but if there is a fix, might wanna put it in the OP :P

Nevermind! I thought I'd installed Cycrow's plugin via SPK, but I'd actually installed the wrong script. OP should include a warning about this, so that people don't freak out (or get sad...)
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 04:58

I have no problems.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 07:56

More necromancy

The current version of this script breaks global variables due to it naming a global variable with a variable that never gets defined. ie: a global variable named "null".
If another script tries to search for a global variable using the following command, it will return null, no matter what is searched for:

Code: Select all

$var = get global variables: regular expression = 'name'
I've fixed the setup script to correct this bug.

You can get the new file from http://www.wikihost.org/w/armegeddon/va ... erjump.xml
right click and select "save link as" to download
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

arkhiel

Post by arkhiel » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 17:26

Hello there!

I've some trouble with that mod, not by the hyperdrive that actually works very well, but about price.

Is it normal that each item cost me at least 50-60 million bucks?
Well for a party hyperdrive it wouldn't be too harsh, but for a single m3 it makes a little bit too much.

And something weirdier, if i put it with the other mod (by cycrow if i remember well) that also add some stuff for no e-cell jump drive (but that mod doesn't work in my game :/ ), i got prices much lower, about 1million for quantum jump drive ...

Edit, well, i "fixed" it weirdly. I was using emp friendly verisio, i tried non emp, that put me wrong lame names but good prices. I activated both, and miracle! Good names and prices...

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:10

Great mod again. Thx.

Not counting the high prices, I only have ONE major problem with this mod.

Why does the ship stop when activating hyperdrive?? I am in the heat of battle, trying to zoom away from my enemies expecting my timer to count and I keep on moving, but I find myself stopping and being blown to bits.

The only thing that saved me was the free jumpdrive hotkey I have installed.

It would be nice if the ship could continue on course. I don't know about the quantum jump, because I can't afford it. I'd rather pay for a new ship.
Sacha

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 08:24

The ship stops because the jump command is done as an autopilot command for the ship's computer. Since in X3, ship AI can not execute more than one command at time, he cannot both plot a jump and evade.. The stock jumpdrive hotkeys are a bit different, as they work around the ai entirely..

From an in-game perspective, this was a means of balancing, to prevent such exploits as you tried.

terescova

Post by terescova » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 08:16

How bad of a scar does removing a dermal anchor leave? How bad does it hurt? My dermal anchor is at the end of my eyebrow on my face. I also want to know if its true that i could go paralyzed from someone hitting a nerve in my eyebrow?
Last edited by terescova on Fri, 5. Mar 10, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 16:50

I might as well just use the normal JD then.
How bad of a scar does removing a dermal anchor leave? How bad does it hurt? My dermal anchor is at the end of my eyebrow on my face. I also want to know if its true that i could go paralyzed from someone hitting a nerve in my eyebrow? Help help help
WTF is this????
Sacha

bfifteenv
x3tc

Post by bfifteenv » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 21:50

I'm having a problem with part of this script.

My problem specifically is with the Singularity Projector.

I had it working fine the other night. My home sector is the Unknown Sector between Montalar and New Income.

I built two gates to two of my other sectors the other night (President's End and Spaceweed Drift) and they worked fine.

Then I shut down the President's End gate and moved that ship to Getsu Fune and restarted the gate.

Worked fine for a day.

Then last night, I decided to add a third gate.

I tried to start it at the Unknown Sector with the other end in Queen's Retribution.

The gate appeared, but my autopilot wouldn't take me through it. I had to navigate manually through it. And when I got to the other side and tried to fly back to Unknown Sector, it wouldn't do anything at all. I'd fly through the gate and just keep going in Queen's Retribution.

So I figured that was because I already had a east gate in Unknown - even though it worked in President's End which already has four gates (I had two east gates in President's end for more than a day working fine, bringing a lot of traffic into my two sectors to buy stuff).

So I shut down the Queen's Retribution gate and moved the Unknown Sector part of the gate to Light of Heart and started it again as an East Gate with the west gate still in Queen's Retribution.

This time it worked, and I can fly through any of my Singularity Projected gates manually and get where I want to go, but the autopilot will not take me through them.

I think this is also causing a problem for the NPC ships - the whole reason I wanted these gates - to bring more people to my sector to buy wares from my factories. The NPC traffic is no longer coming to my sector - even through the pre-existing gates.

Additionally, I can no longer use autopilot to fly through the pre-existing East gate in Unknown Sector. I can be 1km away from the East Gate and click "Autopilot fly through gate" and it will turn my ship around and start flying off to the West Gate. I assume it's trying to go the long way around rather than just flying through the East gate.

I have no NPC traffic coming into or leaving my Unknown Sector now.

I killed all the Singularity Projected gates, saved, and restarted the game.

Still no autopilot and no NPC traffic coming through my sector.

I removed the script and still my pre-existing East gate is still screwed up in Unknown Sector.

I should also add that when I was moving the gates, I had the ships stop and pick up the Singularity Slope Tension devices so I could repurpose the ships I had been using as tenders for the gate projector ships. Not sure if that is related to the problem and I'm not sure at which point I added those devices in relation to when the gate problems started.

Any help would be appreciated.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 17:54

Question, since I notice that this hasn't been updated in ages:

Does the plugin work fine with the new plugin manager's ware manager? Which version should I download -- the EMP or non-EMP version?
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Shuraalex
xr

Post by Shuraalex » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 22:21

Sorry for Bumping and bringing an old topic to life but if the Author (Loky) would consider changing something

Here's a question is it possible to change the skin / module / Texture - WormHole ( a Warpgate ) when you use "The Project Warpgate" to just spawn a White Smoke you see inside the Warpgate itself without the annoying Brackets ( ? How els can i define it :) )
So it would be like a actual Black Hole ( White i guess :P ) in Space, which would anyway transport you to your desired destination
"I don't know what a Xenon is. From what I hear tell they're kinda like toasters with
attitudes only bigger and and with plenty more attitude" - Scion Drakhar Tue, 23. Nov 10

LarryBurstyn
x4

Problem

Post by LarryBurstyn » Tue, 25. Jan 11, 23:01

Anyone know how to make this compatible with XTended 1.1r.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 00:53

AFAIK no, but my game might just hate me, because it wont let me use this mod without killing my game. Why not download it and tell us if it works or not?

LarryBurstyn
x4

Problems

Post by LarryBurstyn » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 15:42

When I install this script/mod I cannot load a saved game or start a new game. When it tried to start a new game or load a old savegame I get a infinite beeping sound during the loading/starting process. The only way out is to ctrl-alt-delete out and close the game, remove the script from the folders. Not sure but I think the culprit is the setup script in this mod/script.

I also think this somehow conflicts with the wares files that XTended uses--not sure since XTended does not use the EMP wares file.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”