[Script] Ship Hijacker v1.1 by Nividium 05/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Nosferatu666rules

Post by Nosferatu666rules » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 17:11

thnx for this, at first it seems like using this would be considered 'too easy' but the time it takes from beaming it over to the time it actualy becomes yours is long enough to disprove that, and getting the shields to 0 isn't that easy either,

(this is only considered too easy if you use it on the
Spoiler
Show
Yaki Orca for the Bali Gi mission, since the hull wont go below 93%)

Lord Bane
x3tc

Post by Lord Bane » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 22:28

Computer component? as in the ware?

M3ds

Post by M3ds » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 22:41

Its actually microchips you need but yes as in the ware. Make sure you get microchips though, it wont work with computer components. It takes one microchip for every ship hacked.

Sam Redstone
xr

Post by Sam Redstone » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 08:18

Not quite accurate, there.

If you download the actual script which this thread is about, which was created by Nividium and linked in the first post, then you need Computer Components.

If you then downloaded the modified file by a different poster, named Meltdown, then you will need Microchips.

Someone correct me if I'm getting it wrong. I'm about to try this script out myself (I will be trying Meltdown's modified version).
"Will you please get me a couple of things?" ~ Mahi Ma

Every Boron dies. Squiddy McSquid truly lived.

Dragonessa

Post by Dragonessa » Wed, 30. Jun 10, 09:36

I like this script. Makes sense that you could utilize that stupid transporter for something! :twisted: (You do need computer components by the way.)

The only negative seems to be if you have nothing targeted at all, you can still transport components... um... somewhere. Also some simple checks might be good. I can take over a UFO for instance. But perhaps that's a positive. (Though not much of one, you can't sell it or really fly it. One would think THAT would have been fixed in X3TC!)

For a suggestion.... if that Advanced Firewall software was more readily available AND on NPC ships, that should counter this. (Or perhaps just restrict larger ships?) It's true it's difficult to transport over to capital ships. Though I just managed to take over a TL. :D

Also an interesting idea would be letting the NPC's try this out on player ships and each other. Again though, that would mean having Firewall software and a "bit" more work. :o

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Thu, 1. Jul 10, 16:00

Sam Redstone wrote:Not quite accurate, there.

If you download the actual script which this thread is about, which was created by Nividium and linked in the first post, then you need Computer Components.

If you then downloaded the modified file by a different poster, named Meltdown, then you will need Microchips.

Someone correct me if I'm getting it wrong. I'm about to try this script out myself (I will be trying Meltdown's modified version).
Correct. Nividium's version won't do you much good though, as the capped ships are essentially unusable.

Note that you still need Nividium's spk; you just replace the main script with mine.
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

Dragonessa

Post by Dragonessa » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 02:52

Meltdown wrote:.....Nividium's version won't do you much good though, as the capped ships are essentially unusable......
Why is that? I've used this script. The captured ships seem just fine.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 22:57

The AI routines don't reset, causing the captured ship to keep activating the autopilot every few seconds, doing what it was doing before it was capped. The ship is yours, but you can't order it around. Check last post on page 4 of this thread.

When I tested the script I was still using an old version of TC; it's possible that newer versions of the game fixed this problem. I also surmise it's possible that whether you get the error or not depends on the speed of your computer, as it's related to wait times (I solved it by artificially adding some wait time before the script command that clears the AI). Regardless, my modified versions change how the script works in other ways, which IMHO makes it less unbalanced and more enjoyable. YMMV. :)
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

Dragonessa

Post by Dragonessa » Sat, 3. Jul 10, 06:33

Interesting. I've used this script quite a bit and haven't ever had any trouble like you described. Though, my machine is fast so maybe that's it.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 20:32

hmmm haven't played fro a while, got a new tc setup in, and this hack, and the manager says its in but the hot key never shows up..been through the set up three times, uninstalling and trying again, and checked the script editor in game just in case..its not there either as far as I can see, either way not working for me now, maybe a change in game since then.

dhearon60

Post by dhearon60 » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 04:47

Something Ive noticed with this script is that I went into Xenon Sector 347 and capped all the ships there, now no Xenon ships respawn there at all, its been a week since I cleared the sector like this and i was just waiting to see if they was taking a while but nothing, only thing left in the sector is the Xenon station.

narhiril
x3tc

Post by narhiril » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 05:46

Does this script have a success rate or chance of failure? If so, do Xenon ships have a dramatically reduced chance of success?
Anna Marie

CEO of Miron Corporation, Kingdom End

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 20:12

@ dhearon60

It could very well be that because you are not killing the Xenon or Khaak ships, but merely gaining control of them, that the "signal killed" is not being sent to the game engine. This would cause the "respawn" script to be bypassed. So, you could clear out a Xenon or Khaak sector by "hijacking" them instead of killing them, thus gaining control of the target sector. You may have just found a new important use for the Ship Hijacker software script. Thanks man.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 14:32

M3ds wrote:Its actually microchips you need but yes as in the ware. Make sure you get microchips though, it wont work with computer components. It takes one microchip for every ship hacked.
No, it's Computer Components. I am using it and Computer Components work just fine.

It's a little OP, IMO since it not only can be used on ANYTHING (including stations), but you only need to carry 1 computer component around since once you hijack a ship, you can just transfer the component you used back to your personal ship.

Can I request a non-cheat feeling version that only allows you to hijack smaller ships (m5, m4, m3 and m3+ (not sure if M3+ ships are in TC...)TPs and TSs) and instead of actually transferring the computer component to the hijacked ship, it just deletes the CC from your cargo bay, never to be seen again?

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 08:51

I've created my own modification/expansion to this script. I decided to post it in its own thread, though because it has a lot more "features" and bugfixes. Check it out.

ZeroGS

Post by ZeroGS » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 16:00

Anyone has a link for non SPK version, preferably in RAR? thanks in advance.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 17:02

is anybody getting an issue where the game freezes whenever you enter the properties menu with this script on?

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:53

I hijacked a xenon M class fighter, but after than can not get it to work on an L class.
I have plenty of computer components on board and the system over-ride software but when I try to hijack the L class (there were one M and 2 L class ships) the software says...
"computer components transfered"
...."computer components installed..."
"....working"
"computer components damaged"
(then I hear a short tone"
"malfunction"

That keeps happening over and over every time I try to hijack them.
I am within the range and the computer components are transfered when the shields are 0 or less. I don't fire on the ship anymore and I just stay close by chasing the ship around waiting for the computer components to work, but always 'malfunction.
This happened about 10 times in a row for each ship.

Any suggestions?
(Remember, it did work on the M ship. (these of course are Xennon)

EDIT: some hours later.
Nevermind, I found my answer. The shields regenerate so fast on the Xennon L that I probably did not have it to '0' shields when the hijacker said 'Locked On'. It took about another 10 tries but i finally got it.
Not that I wanted a Xennon L so badly, but that particular ship is required in one of the X3AB missions.
I really love this script.
Ranking: Super Magnate/Overlord
Graphics: GTX 570 1920x1200 1.3GB 1 GCPU
PC 8GB RAM 2TB Disc Duo Quad 4 CPU, Win 7

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 23. May 12, 17:01

OK, running a custom version of XTC, I added marine repairs and your hacking software instead of the regular bailing software I usually use. I then set my game to 'easy' since XTC is a little insane after you start getting some rep.

I took a mission, protect freighters in serus 3, jumped in fought killed a few and then capped a Kia Vanguard with your software. Told it to dock to my Pleco..and went on with the mission. After all the ships were dead, all the cargoes picked up and I was still riding around, the mission never ended. Finally decided it was because the Kia was still in sector, so sent it to the ED in Serus prime for a tune up, and the second it left the sector the mission ended, and that was it. I failed it because playing to cap that ship took too long and other ships escaped, but for a 3 mil credit ship I can live with that.

BUT, it wasn't at the ED, it wasn't anywhere, because I capped it during a mission, and then sent it out of sector to end the mission, the game automatically destroyed it, and I not only lost it but failed the mission anyways. It seems there's a bug in the game that wont allow you to hack ships during missions and then keep them. It's one or the other you cant have both. From now on , the heck with the missions, I'll lose 100k if I can get a 2-3 mil credit ship, but I'm hoping deleting those missions wont have a bad effect on my faction. :roll:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 24. May 12, 04:47

KRM398 wrote: I capped it during a mission, and then sent it out of sector to end the mission, the game automatically destroyed it
Try Super Script Killer on the target ship next time (after you capture it).

SSK will make the mission think that the ship was "destroyed", and the ship will also be free of any scripts that might destroy it afterward. The result is that you get to keep a "clean" ship.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 22. Oct 12, 14:09, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”