[Script] Ship Hijacker v1.1 by Nividium 05/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

jimmydude
x3tc

Post by jimmydude » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:17

Using Ver.2 (not-quite-cheat) one and I've noticed that it seems to be broken; ship control isn't transferred and the abandoned ships are unclaimable (option is completely missing from HUD context menu)

*Sigh* Tried using this script to get me a quick M6. Now I'm going to have to buy a naff race M6 and spend a few years training some marines... thinking of restarting now I've messed up the game by bumping up my fight rank too high. Can't believe how spectacularly useless Terran tech is (no fighter weapons stronger than an IRE! Even on M3+!)

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 10:46

OKay I have a great idea
I make my living capping ships, and I of course had to try this. I went out on a mission that required me to defeat an osprey, which i required me to site there for 10 minutes in the ospreys blind spot railing on it with short bursts from hepts and IREs to depleat the shields. I took down the shields, transferred the chip, and gained control of the osprey beautifully. Got me a cool 12million in the bank or an attack frigate.

However, this is practically a cheat, although the logisitics are very accurate. I did, however, come up with some great ideas to balance this script.

First of all, to gain control you should be required to hold the shields down for large ships or below a certain amount for small ships, say 30% shields. This grants 100% cap probability at the cost of some damage, perfectly acceptable by anyones standards.

I was thinking about the logistics of a device that could do this, and I got a great idea. You should have two choices with this script. 1, if you hold the shields down or keep them below a certain percentage you can transfer the chip and get 100% cap probability. 2, you could drop the shields and instead of transferring a chip, transfer a warhead that destroys the ship after a certain period of time. This gives you 100% kill probability, an insta kill fire and forget missile for example.

I was thinking about my conflict with the osprey and either of these choices I would have taken without a second thought.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 16:45

crimson522 wrote:i encountered something strange while using this script. whenever i try to cap xenon ships they never obey my commands for long. they will return to what they were doing before i started fighting/cappping them. in my case, i tried capping xenon ships in black hole sun that were on patrol through the sector. all the xenon ships i capped started to fly into the xenon sector above BHS. despite my commands to get them to stop they continued and were subsuqently destroyed by the other xenon on the other side
is this some kind of bug?
Are you using the original script by Nividium or one of my modded ones?
In the first case, it's a bug - the change in owner race doesn't reset the AI due to (most likely) a missing waiting time in the script. In the second case it really shouldn't happen, since my main reason for modding the scripts was to remove precisely that bug. If it still happens I'll be expending more profanity allowance. :p
jimmydude wrote:Using Ver.2 (not-quite-cheat) one and I've noticed that it seems to be broken; ship control isn't transferred and the abandoned ships are unclaimable (option is completely missing from HUD context menu)
This doesn't happen to me at all. A capped ship is claimable as normal - eject, get near, "claim" option becomes available.
If anyone else can confirm this I'll get to work on it in a few days - I'm at my parents' at the moment and I don't have access to my gaming computer. Doubt there's much I can do though, because after the script gets to the "force eject" point everything else in the eject/transfer process is handled by the game engine. If something's broken it's in the "force eject" function, over which I have no power.
Phosphene wrote:First of all, to gain control you should be required to hold the shields down for large ships or below a certain amount for small ships, say 30% shields. This grants 100% cap probability at the cost of some damage, perfectly acceptable by anyones standards.
I don't get what you mean. You already have to beat at the target's shields in order to pass the microchip, and they've got to be at a lot less than 30%. Unless you mean to keep them under 30% during the whole of the capture process... which may be a bit of a problem, since it would limit you to a single capture in any fight with more than one enemy, otherwise the others would pummel you as you concentrated on one target alone.
2, you could drop the shields and instead of transferring a chip, transfer a warhead that destroys the ship after a certain period of time. This gives you 100% kill probability, an insta kill fire and forget missile for example.
If anyone wants to write their own script for this they're welcome, but I don't think I'll be modding this feature in myself (though I can always change my mind, you never know). It just seems to me that this would make it way too easy to blow up big ships. Hell, if all it takes to kill a carrier is to drop its shields and then transfer an armed bomb inside it, why would anyone bother with weapons that damage hull? Every ship in the game would only need shield degrading weapons, a transporter and a few warheads in the cargo bay. The only sensible way to do this would be to make it horribly expensive, but then it'd make more sense to spend the money for big guns, which - unlike warheads - can be re-used after you've blown up a ship.
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

jimmydude
x3tc

Post by jimmydude » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 14:02

Sorry, think it was my fault - M6s are cappable (in theory) in TC but aren't supposed to be. There was a bug that generated Xenon P/PX in the first FF mission with low Morale and who (if you were lucky) could be capped just like fighters.

In the 2.0 patch Egosoft seem to have made doubly sure that will NEVER happen again - on top of adjusting the Morale of M6s in certain missions it seems they have completely removed the Claim function from M6s' context menus :oops:

Given that you can *claim* any ship in X3R and TC up to 1.4 (its just M6 and up refuse to bail) I'm guessing this is a new feature for 2.0 (even if a bail is forced through scripts the derelict is unclaimable)

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 23:36

I get it; the script allows you to force-eject M6s' pilots, but the game doesn't let you claim them, right?
Try using the "take ownership" cheat script. You're not actually cheating, since the ship's already lost the shields and cargo, you're just claiming it in another way. :)
I've edited the modded script post to reflect this.

crimson522
x4

Post by crimson522 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 01:37

meltdown, i think i found a bug in your version 1 of your script. i tried capping a xenon LX yesterday and it didnt listen to my commands like before. i was even able to get itto one of my carriers but when my carrier jumped out to my PHQ the LX somehow undocked itself and continued to fly into a xenon sector. this is weird since i was able to cap other xenon ships in the same sector with no ill effects

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Thu, 2. Jul 09, 05:08

Sorry mate, no idea what caused your specific problem, and I'm not likely to tackle it anytime soon cos I stopped playing X3TC for the moment. Since it seems to happen very rarely, a temporary solution would be to use the cheat scripts to clone the capped ship and eliminate the original. The cloned ship should be identical with the same equipment and upgrades, but with no active AI.

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 03:10

TheElix wrote:How about making System Override Software a required component for it to work?
This, and also it would be better if it was a bit more... challenging. Like having SOS, and having to also keep the target ships' shields low until the program overrides the ship's systems. Just popping in a chip and going off is a bit too simple and unbalanced gameplay-wise. Could you please make a version that requires the player to focus on keeping target ships' shields down during the process? (if you have time and if you want, ofc)
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

unknown1000u2
x3tc

Post by unknown1000u2 » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 02:28

I LOVE this script! I got jumped by 5 pirate ships when I was alone. I went home with 5 new ships to sell.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 06:08

I'm with DevilDog_016, the script's too easy as is. Keeping targets' shields below 10% while the chip does its' thing is an excellent way of keeping some sort of balance..

Also, just requiring that SOS be present on playership is another nice move, requiring player to at least expend a bit more money and time managing the ownership of SOS.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 03:11

The new patch sparked my interest in X3TC again, and I've just patched the game to 2.5. I'm not going to play it right now (there are other games that I've delayed a lot longer), but I can work on the script a bit (but if you expect any sort of scheduled release, you're dreaming :P )

I'll see about the software; I'm not crazy about the idea, but I don't hate it either.
Keeping shields below 10% seems a good idea. I'm not sure if I have enough scripting skills to pull this off, but I'm going to try.

By the way: Nividium, I see you haven't added the fixed mods to the first post yet. Any chance you could do it? Many people are probably using the bugged versions since the fixes are only waaaay down in the thread.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 03:19

Keeping shields below 10% seems a good idea. I'm not sure if I have enough scripting skills to pull this off, but I'm going to try.
Ask LV, he's already made a boarding ops script (HAT1.2a for X3R) that had exactly that coding component.

costi
x3tc

Post by costi » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 08:54

With the addition of keeping shields below 10% and required SOS this script might be the perfect replacement for spacewalk boarding from an M6 :)

I assume it is possible to capture M6 and M7 with this?
Friendly fire is not so friendly.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 13:59

costi wrote:I assume it is possible to capture M6 and M7 with this?
With version 1, you can cap them no problem. With version 2 you'll get them to eject, but you'll need to use the "change ownership" cheat script to claim them, because the game doesn't let you use the claim command on anything bigger than a fighter. The only real consequence of using the cheat script instead of the official claim command is that the number of capped ships in your stats doesn't increase, but that's hardly a serious problem.

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 14:41

really helpful script for beginners that have no experience with boarding....I just started a new game and this one together with find free ships script is really great boost to the new game when you have no money or ships. I've always started my game by getting some of the official ownerless ships to get some money to get jumpdrive and some essential stuff....in my previous game I was using some other claim ship script but forgot which one it was

and btw I capped two ownerless mammoths, one elephant and one centaur (M6) with this one (guess those were added by the find free ships script)

Nosferatu666rules

Post by Nosferatu666rules » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 17:11

thnx for this, at first it seems like using this would be considered 'too easy' but the time it takes from beaming it over to the time it actualy becomes yours is long enough to disprove that, and getting the shields to 0 isn't that easy either,

(this is only considered too easy if you use it on the
Spoiler
Show
Yaki Orca for the Bali Gi mission, since the hull wont go below 93%)

Lord Bane
x3tc

Post by Lord Bane » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 22:28

Computer component? as in the ware?

M3ds

Post by M3ds » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 22:41

Its actually microchips you need but yes as in the ware. Make sure you get microchips though, it wont work with computer components. It takes one microchip for every ship hacked.

Sam Redstone
xr

Post by Sam Redstone » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 08:18

Not quite accurate, there.

If you download the actual script which this thread is about, which was created by Nividium and linked in the first post, then you need Computer Components.

If you then downloaded the modified file by a different poster, named Meltdown, then you will need Microchips.

Someone correct me if I'm getting it wrong. I'm about to try this script out myself (I will be trying Meltdown's modified version).
"Will you please get me a couple of things?" ~ Mahi Ma

Every Boron dies. Squiddy McSquid truly lived.

Dragonessa

Post by Dragonessa » Wed, 30. Jun 10, 09:36

I like this script. Makes sense that you could utilize that stupid transporter for something! :twisted: (You do need computer components by the way.)

The only negative seems to be if you have nothing targeted at all, you can still transport components... um... somewhere. Also some simple checks might be good. I can take over a UFO for instance. But perhaps that's a positive. (Though not much of one, you can't sell it or really fly it. One would think THAT would have been fixed in X3TC!)

For a suggestion.... if that Advanced Firewall software was more readily available AND on NPC ships, that should counter this. (Or perhaps just restrict larger ships?) It's true it's difficult to transport over to capital ships. Though I just managed to take over a TL. :D

Also an interesting idea would be letting the NPC's try this out on player ships and each other. Again though, that would mean having Firewall software and a "bit" more work. :o

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”