[Script] Ship Hijacker v1.1 by Nividium 05/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Nividium

[Script] Ship Hijacker v1.1 by Nividium 05/01/09

Post by Nividium » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 20:59

Name of Script Package: Ship Hijacker
Version Number: 1.10
Date Released: 04/01/2009
Last Updated: 05/01/2009
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.4+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download Ship Hijacker v1.1

Updated

Description:

Ship Hijacker adds a Hotkey function to your Playership. This Hotkey allows a Player to activate the Transporter Device and beam a Computer Component over to a victom's ship (if the victom's ship shields are down to zero). The computer component then rewrites the ship's computer system thus provides an override for the Player to gain control of the victom's ship. The computer component has System Override Software programmed in, so control of the victoms ship now belongs to you. The victom pilot becomes scared that you will shut off air supply and will bail out into an advanced space suit.

Details:

- Only the Playership can use this hotkey command.
- Can be used against smaller victom ship classes ie: TS, TP, M5, M4 and M3. Not recommended against larger ship classes.
- The victom's ship shields must be down close to zero before attempting to transport.
- You must be within 5km of the victom to begin transport of computer component.
- The victom must be the selected target at the onset, but once target is "locked on" you can select other targets ie: to fight them if need be.
- You need one computer component per victom.
- Once the Computer Component has been transferred, it is not necessary to continue to keep shooting the victoms shields down, let them rise again as normal.
- The victom pilot will bail into an advanced space suit.
- The bigger ships have a faster shield regeneration rate and may be too hard to Hijack ie M7, M8 etc.

Required Equipment: Transporter Device.

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager. Then go into X3 game menu [Controls][Interface] and set a key for your Hotkey (at the bottom of interface).

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager to uninstall the "Ship Hijacker" script. There is an automatic Hotkey remover that will be made available after you uninstall the script using the X3 Plugin Manager. You will need to start the game then save the game, then exit the game then load the X3 Plugin Manage AGAIN and it will ask you if you want to remove the uninstall, answer "yes".

Version History:
Version 1.00 Initial Release.
Version 1.10 Updated code to fix ship class identifier better.

Command Slots Used: none

Text File Used: none
Last edited by Nividium on Sat, 2. May 09, 01:02, edited 12 times in total.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 21:53

Interesting. it's a good thing they can't be used on boardable targets: It'd lose the fun of boarding.

*Looks at that ATF force roaming around in Aldrin* maybe it's time to get me some exclusive Terran fighters... hmm

Although, as an observation; woudldn't it be more realistic if you needed, say, Fight Command Software Mk 1 and 2, Special Command Software... or such things? Also I'm sure this would have to be illegal, like all the fun stuff :P

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 01:39

will this work on Xenon or Kha'ak ships? tell me it does....

TheElix

Post by TheElix » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 02:52

How about making System Override Software a required component for it to work?

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 06:56

Seathal wrote:...Although, as an observation; woudldn't it be more realistic if you needed, say, Fight Command Software Mk 1 and 2, Special Command Software... or such things? Also I'm sure this would have to be illegal, like all the fun stuff :P
Fight Commands and Special Commands are used for computer control buttons and have thier own uses. Illegal? A computer component isn't illegal just the same as your laptop isn't illegal. It can become illegal at the second it is used for piracy though, same thing with a computer component would. Given that it only takes 1 minute to overtake a victom with this computer component, I guess it would be considered illegal for and during the minute it was being used as an offensive weapon, but by then it's game over for the victom anyhow and your rep could suffer etc.
Villain wrote:will this work on Xenon or Kha'ak ships? tell me it does....
Yes, it should work on Xenon and Kha'ak ships.
TheElix wrote:How about making System Override Software a required component for it to work?

The computer component has been programmed by you the Player to emulate System Override Software, so there is no need to buy separate SOS for the Ship Hijacer to work.

Web Goblin
x4

Post by Web Goblin » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 07:20

This could be fun.
I have tried to cap a few Xenon Qs with my uprated Vidar but they refuse to bail and end up dying.
Might get my first Q tonight. :D

Regards

Ian

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 10:14

outstanding. I've always wanted to give the Kha'ak ships ago but never did. Scripting them in just felt cheap to me. I'm off to plunder, cheers.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 11:14

I go, i come back again. Whenever i try this, i get a little 'ping' and betty tells me 'malfunction'.
I have had women over the years point out my faults but none have ever done it in such a nice speaking voice.
I have used the [ as a hot key. The transporter device is onboard. Picked up 17 Computer Componants from the first place i saw. I targeted a pirate nova, the first thing i came across, tapped his shields down. Malfunction. Then MARS killed him...
Grrr....MARS off, on to the next one. Same again. M'ok, kill him find a third. I hit the hot key at 5 k's this time and just loop around for a minute, close in, tap shields....malfunction.
Help me. Is Betty another name to add to my 'why did i ever talk to them in the first place' list or is something else going on?

TheElix

Post by TheElix » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 12:13

Nividium wrote: The computer component has been programmed by you the Player to emulate System Override Software, so there is no need to buy separate SOS for the Ship Hijacer to work.
Why the computer component :? As I imagine a computer component is like a transistor or circuitry. It isn't an end product like microchip. And being a hardware it needs a proper software.
Another thing, how would player manage to install the hardware on enemy's ship? You transport it straight into the enemy's circuitry? Sounds so unreal. A marine trained in hacking and engineering is needed to perform such operation. Some fighting skills would be useful too in case he will face some resistance.

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 14:29

Really interesting script, and I think it will work in X3R, too. Am I wrong?

:)

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 16:44

ian mcvickers wrote:This could be fun.
I have tried to cap a few Xenon Qs with my uprated Vidar but they refuse to bail and end up dying.
Might get my first Q tonight. :D

Regards

Ian
I think the Xenon Q is a class M7 and will be very hard to hijack because of it's high shield regeneration rate. But, it is possible to capture a Q.
Last edited by Nividium on Wed, 28. Jan 09, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 16:46

-Villain- wrote:I go, i come back again. Whenever i try this, i get a little 'ping' and betty tells me 'malfunction'.
I have had women over the years point out my faults but none have ever done it in such a nice speaking voice.
I have used the [ as a hot key. The transporter device is onboard. Picked up 17 Computer Componants from the first place i saw. I targeted a pirate nova, the first thing i came across, tapped his shields down. Malfunction. Then MARS killed him...
Grrr....MARS off, on to the next one. Same again. M'ok, kill him find a third. I hit the hot key at 5 k's this time and just loop around for a minute, close in, tap shields....malfunction.
Help me. Is Betty another name to add to my 'why did i ever talk to them in the first place' list or is something else going on?
There are 2 instances where you would get a plain ping sound then a "malfunction" voice message:
1) The victoms ship shields were not down to <=500 points initially when you attempted to transport the computer component over to the victom (after that you can let the shields go back up again).
2) The victoms ship class was not a TP, TS, M6, M5, M4 or M3.

You said the victom was a Pirate Nova, so that would qualify as M3 and should be good. Unless, the pirate class M3 is different than a regular M3. If it is, there is nothing I can do about it as there is no pirate M3 on the list for me to choose from.

When shooting the victom's ship shields down, make sure there is no blue shield bars remaining on top of the hull (green) targeting icon. Make sure you are within 5km and the shields are down (at the same time) then press your hotkey to transfer the computer component over to the victom ship. Then a "target locked on" message will be given and you can let the victom's shields regenerate back up again.

Try to capture some other ships in the mean time ie: Argon TS etc to see that it does work.

EDIT: The cause of your problem has been identified as an error in my script. Please download the Updated version which resolves this issue.
Last edited by Nividium on Thu, 8. Jan 09, 18:56, edited 2 times in total.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 16:50

Bertone wrote:Really interesting script, and I think it will work in X3R, too. Am I wrong?

:)
No, Terran Conflict and X3 Reunion scripts are not compatible. Ship Hijacker will not work in X3 Reunion.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 17:29

Withdrawn for further testing.

The script seems to have some problems with identifying ship classes and will be withdrawn from download until the issue can be resolved successfully.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 19:07

*Updated*
Hopefully fixed an error where ship classes were not being identified properly. All ships except M1, M2 and Carriers are now capturable. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by Nividium on Wed, 28. Jan 09, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.

Web Goblin
x4

Post by Web Goblin » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 19:33

Oh well I will just have to go back to blowing up Qs then :(

Ian

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 21:37

Can you make M8 capturable please ?
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 21:52

Ikaruga wrote:Can you make M8 capturable please ?
The latest version should make all classes capturable except M1 and M2.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 10:21

thanks man!
I like the idea of this script. I can understand having to use marines for boarding the bigger ships as they would have men (Or persons if you are Politically Correct....or Fish if you are Boron.) on board to protect the ship. Smaller craft are more prone to this type of jacking because of the transported computer chip which says (Who cares how nicely.) "Get out now or get spaced in 5, 4,3...".

Which come on, admit it, you would rig the count down to go off a second or two early. :twisted:

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Sun, 18. Jan 09, 22:57

I just downloaded what it says is v1.1, but when I install it using the plugin manager it says it's v1.0.

:?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”