[Script] Auction Services v1.0 by Nividium 12/21/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Nividium

[Script] Auction Services v1.0 by Nividium 12/21/08

Post by Nividium » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 17:09

Name of Script Package: Auction Services
Version Number: 1.00
Date Released: 12/21/2008
Last Updated: n/a
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.3+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download Auction Services

Description:

This script adds a station command to your stations/factories called [Auction Services]. Auction Services allows a Player to auction off unwanted products and primary resources ie: wares. Within the X3 Universe there is always a buyer for what you might have for sale. Although this script does not stimulate the X3 economy directly, it has numerous indications.
It is great if you are playing a pirate and don't have many trading partners. It is also good to get rid of surplus wares that the current economy does not want to buy anyway.

NOTE: Although not an auction, if you want to buy ships at a reasonable price you should look at my other script called Bribe a Pilot
Also, although not an auction, if you want to buy used NPC stations at fair market value you should look at my other script called Property Baron.

Features:

- Easy to use, just select a station and go to station commands, click on a blank station command button to bring up the hidden station commands menu and select [Auction Services].
- Select a station ware from a pop up window, then input the quantiy to auction on another pop up window.
- Wait 1 to 2 minutes for the auction to finish and you will receive an email with results.
- Auction Services does not work with my other "Warehouse" script. But, it should work fine with all other stations/factories and Player Headquarters.

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Version History: Version 1.00 Initial Release.

Command Slots Used: <t id="1154">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_54</t>

Text File Used: 7234-L044.xml
Last edited by Nividium on Wed, 14. Jan 09, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 19:56

This was a great script in the Reunion series, but it has another feature: there were auctions of other race's failing stations that you could purchase.

Any way of adding that to this?

Regardless, great to see this. It was one of my favorite scripts in Reunion.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 20:57

Very nice. I did love this one in x3R also.

I am curious about if other races stations will go in at a later date.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 02:05

Hi russbo and Thrandisher,
I did not author the Auction script that was in Reunion and did not know there was a "bid on NPC stations" available for that script. This Auction Services script was written in response to a request from another user in the "Requests Sticky". At present, I do not have any plans to expand this script any further ie: to include the buying of NPC failing stations.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 02:14

Ahh, np. This works good enough. I have a ton of E-cells that i "fell off the truck" thati need to get rid of ;)
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 02:17

Oh bummer.
I really liked buying failed properties and taking over the universe...

Anticept
x4

Post by Anticept » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 08:28

Buying properties was a little problematic in X3. Those stations tended to retain their secondary resources...

However, how about instead of buying NPC properties, there is the periodic auction of a PACKED station? Just need to stop by auction headquarters, dock, and you are offered to place it in cargo.
Signature.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 11:09

Auctions on ships would be great too
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 21:02

NOTE: Although not an auction, if you want to buy ships at a reasonable price you should look at my other script called Bribe a Pilot
Also, although not an auction, if you want to buy used NPC stations at fair market value you should look at my other script called Property Baron.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 21:36

Nvidium i ask officially for permit to change your auction,bride,baron script.I have same ideas for which i need some features from yours scripts.
Thanks in advance :D

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 00:57

Idea wrote:Nvidium i ask officially for permit to change your auction,bride,baron script.I have same ideas for which i need some features from yours scripts.
Thanks in advance :D
Sure, go ahead, fly at it. Permission to use scripts for code segments, ideas, new scripts etc all granted. Good luck.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 08:45

Big THANKS Nvidium. :D :D :D :D

Kyle413

Post by Kyle413 » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 16:58

Hi! That's a very nice script which helps me a lot (I have too much wares). Still, is it possible to add selling your own stations at an auction? I think it would be great for those, who wish to change their business without having to destroy their stations (which leave ugly wrecks).

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 21:13

Can anyone make a new download link available?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 21:54

The one in the opening post works fine for me.

In case, your browser tries to open the file directly, right click on the link and choose the "Save as..." (or the like) option to save the file to your harddrive instead.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 23:56

X2-Illuminatus wrote:The one in the opening post works fine for me.

In case, your browser tries to open the file directly, right click on the link and choose the "Save as..." (or the like) option to save the file to your harddrive instead.
Ah that's it, thanks! Hard to tell what's broken with some of these old links: the file or my browser.

dantebelmondo
x4

Re: [Script] Auction Services v1.0 by Nividium 12/21/08

Post by dantebelmondo » Fri, 20. Aug 21, 19:38

I made some tweaks to this wonderful script.

1. Lasers, shields, and missiles will always be sold for avg price. Just like you can sell them indefinitely in any Military Outpost.
2. For non-military goods, the price range is between min to max. The original is actually min to avg.
3. For all the transactions there is a random commission fee between 1% to 5% of the max profit (max price - min price).
4. There's a 4% bad luck event. The selling price will be 50% of the avg price. Also there's a 1% good luck event. The selling price will be 200% of the avg price.
5. The buy race is expanded. And also a successful transaction will give a tiny amount of notoriety to the buy race.
6. The message is expanded. You can now see the details of the transaction.

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g0wrupsb ... ce.7z/file

This is the full package and tested on AP 3.3

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”