[MOD/Script] LI Freight Distribution Network (FDN) - v7.2 21/11/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

RapidShare Link added

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 11:05

I've added RapidShare as main link. Forgot I had a RapidShare account :oops:

FileFactory is now the alternate link.

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 11:08

Your welcome to mirror on my site as well. Just email me the packs and I'll upload them.

I find the public file places almost impossible to download from these days.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 11:17

Many thanks Apricotslice, that's very good of you :)

If you PM your mail, I'll email the latest update.

LA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 11:18

Mail is shown under the signature. :)

Edit :

Download address is http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads .

Its a single directory that just lists all the files, so no need for direct URL's, giving people a chance to see what else is available. Also easy to choose if they want a zip or rar instead of a spk if available.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 11:25

Your a star,

Email sent :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 11:31

Done.

Please note file name changes. I use the author and a meanifgul description in the names, and I extracted the spk so its easier for anyone who just wants that to get.

Just click the link in my last post and look down the list for your X3 name.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 11:34

Just had a look :)

Top site!

Great job apricotslice, again thanks. :wink:

Logain Abler
x4

How to apply a Cost/Charge structure to FDN?

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 09:16

Hi All,

I'm now ready to implement a cost for the activation or use of FDN. I have not as yet made my mind up on how to approach this.

There are two areas to consider, how the charge is applied & the level of charge.

How:
I see as four main possibilities
i) A substantial single charge when a Sector is initially added to FDN. Very easy to implement, just need to keep track of what sector has been activated.
ii) A charged based on the services running in sector. Easy but a bit more work, if a service is active there is a charge, if not, no charge.
iii) A charge financial or resource based (E-Cells) for each transaction. Very easy, amend existing script to add an overhead to each transaction. iv) A mix or all of the above.

v) A option I haven't thought of yet :wink:

Level of cost. This would depend on the above and I'm open to suggestions.

LA

apricotslice
x4

Re: How to apply a Cost/Charge structure to FDN?

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 09:32

Logain Abler wrote:v) A option I haven't thought of yet :wink:
Free ?

Honestly, what does it cost to run a transporter ?

Logain Abler
x4

Re: How to apply a Cost/Charge structure to FDN?

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 09:45

apricotslice wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:v) A option I haven't thought of yet :wink:
Free ?

Honestly, what does it cost to run a transporter ?
:) That would be my number 1 option but a few people have said they would like to see a cost.

Another option is that it won't work in a sector unless there is a structure present. Maybe a modded Advanced Satellite, FDN Node. Which would obviously cost to buy from a Shipyard.

It could also be limited in range so multiple may be needed to provide full coverage. I'm warming to the idea, I could do this now with Advanced Satellites as an interim step until I learn how to mod a new, or amended structure into the game.

Maybe a eventually edited SPP, so it generates it's own e-cells to power the Teleport & a edited Advanced Satellite to increase range.

LA

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 10:28

Another option i guess would be maybe, cost per hour. Would work with the idea that your paying someone on a wage to zap materials all around in a sector.

While i like the idea of it costing energy to move things around, that could be nulified out really easy in game with a spp circuit set up. The intial setup would be exspensive due to getting all the fabs out to do that. Then again the same could be said if you use laz's crystal free SPP (which the latest version has a good size fee now).
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 10:46

Been thinking about how to make it a bit more plausible.

I think there should have a SPP in sector for FDN to work, even if there is no E-Cells cost.

Only Factories/Complexes within the coverage of an Advanced Satellite will be visible to FDN.

I would like to give the feel that a player needs to setup & maintain a proper infrastructure to support FDN.

If an Advanced Satellite or SPP is taken out (more likely the AS) then a replacement needs to be deployed.

At a later date (when I've learnt how) the SPP and Advanced Satellite can be replaced by more specific modded objects.

LA

Doomdark64
x3

Post by Doomdark64 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 14:44

This isnt working for me at all ,i have a spp and silicon mine in ore belt and the spp wont send energy cells to the silicon mine.
Is there a limit to how much the spp has in stock before it will send them?
Any help appreciated thanks.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 14:54

Hi Doomdark64,

Sorry your having issues :(. There is a limit to what it send each rotation which is 3 times the cycle amount.

If a station can't supply the full amount it will only pass 20% of it's current stock, then it will loop through looking for over stations to complete the full amount.

This is an AL Plugin, so please check that it's running.

Open the FDN Menu and check the current status of the sector, if red it's not running.

Try restarting the sector.

I've not had your problem as yet after a lot of heavy testing with 60+ stations over four sector.

Let me know how you get on. At work at the moment and won't get chance to look at any issues until tomorrow :(

Hope that reads right, had a few beers this lunch :)

Doomdark64
x3

Post by Doomdark64 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 15:11

i wonder if its because i removed the resources need for spp .
that might have screwed the script up.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 15:17

Doomdark64 wrote:i wonder if its because i removed the resources need for spp .
that might have screwed the script up.
The mine will still need E-Cells even if the SPP does not need any resources. Don't think the above will impact the script as it would just loop past any Factory that does not need resources (will double check that).

Just had a thought (happens occasionally!). Are mines classed as Factories?

FDN is limited to checking Factories, so not to mess with other EQ, warehouse or PHQ scripts.

This could be the root cause. To be honest, for testing I've just scripted loads of Factories in, but not any mines!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 16:00

mines are in the tfactories file, so yes they would be factories.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 16:46

I've just got home from work & used Cycrow's cheat script to add some mines & it work fine.
apricotslice wrote:mines are in the tfactories file, so yes they would be factories.
Thanks for the confirming Apricotslice :)

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 16:50

I'd approach the payment thing counting the prize of the hypotetical pipes that will require it all engaged up plus a fee (say 5 million?) as a bonus. Or a 25% (for example) more of the cost per each connection pipe.

So If you've set 5 factories together that'd require 5 Complex packs (that were around 250k each one). In this chase you'd need 4 of them so it'd cost 1M to activate plus a 25% so 1250k? Something to consider.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 18:38

Ive had 0 problems with useing a crystall free SPP up to version C.

I tested them with ore mines tho. Worked fine for spp to mine, spp to player ship and fleets for energy. Both with a regular SPP and with a no resource SPP and all went good.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”