S9ilent's Vocal Control *29/03/2015*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kissmejulie

Post by kissmejulie » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 18:47

Ya, scripts are enabled and in Artificial life Settings I have SVC enabled.
I have downloaded and reinstalled the latest release according to the instructions given and all script files are in their proper places.
I have made changes to the grammer compiler by adding hotkeys, they work fine.
I also added scripts, they did not work. And I have tried using SVC without any modifications. No luck.
I have tried using generic IDs to call up scripts but still nothing. And nothing seems to happen when I try to designate a target.
Also I have run both SVC and X3TC in administrator mode and XP compatibilty and all various combinations.
I noticed that SVC has a field for "X3TC Path" I have this as D:\Games\X3 Terran Conflict, where my game is installed.
SVC is in program files(x86), but I have also tried running it from D:\SVC.
Thank you for trying to help me.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 21:28

Ok I've diagnosed the problem and it's something wrong on my end, thou I'm having issues resolving it so give me a moment.

Ok new version has been uploaded, links are on the main page. If you have existing custom hotkeys and phrases, copy JUST the SVC gamma.exe file and then run the compiler and click save.
Other wise if you don't, just copy and replace everything

kissmejulie

Post by kissmejulie » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 23:22

Sorry to say it's still not working, is it possible you mistakenly uploaded the wrong version? The date last modified for SVC Gamma.exe is 9/27/2009.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 08:19

You may be running the wrong zip file?? (i.e. one you downloaded earlier)
I just downloaded it and it is the latest working version

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 18:55

whenever i try to run this i load my game up and instant 0 fps lockup. happns in the main menu aswell.
any ideas?
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 18:10

ok ive managed to get this working with no fps lockup but when i say stuff nothing happns.

i followed all instructiions.

any ideas?

oh and btw i use windows 7, will that be an isue?
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

Raven_Delta55

Post by Raven_Delta55 » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 05:01

This seems like a great mod, unfortunately I am having problems with it =(

When I try to target something (e.g. "Target nearest ship") the subtitles say "Target not found". However, it seems the application does understand the command, but the game does not.

Here is the log from the application:
Hyp: target
Hyp: target the
Hyp: target nearest
Hyp: target nearest ship

Result: target nearest ship
Properties count: 1
<t id="50">shiptarg</t>
<t id="51">6</t>
<t id="52">1</t>
<t id="53">generictarg</t>
<t id="54">1</t>
<t id="55">target</t>
<t id="56">nearest</t>
Also, commands such as "Eject" or "Ship designate Bravo one" work well.
What could be the problem?

I use Windows 7, and the speech recognition program I use is Windows 7 default speech recognition application.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 08:19

Hi Raven_Delta55,

When it says target not found, it means that it could not find a target, which seems like a bug in my X3 scripts (and not the program). I'll try to find out why now.

Bah, I believe that it is chomping the last of the output. i.e. it is a bug in the program, this will take longer to debug
(As it should really say some where "ship")
Ill post a another reply when its done

B.t.w Does the eject actually work? Like it actually ejects you? As I've heard other people saying that it doesn't work? (as doing Shift + E was tricky, as there are about 8 different ways to send that keyboard combination)

Raven_Delta55

Post by Raven_Delta55 » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 19:54

Hi s9silent, thanks for replying so soon.

Actually, I just noticed I configured "Eject" as the E key, not SHIFT+E.
So with only E, eject works. With SHIFT+E it does not work (I tested right now).

Kaktusfresser
x3tc

Post by Kaktusfresser » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 17:55

Hi s9ilent,
first, please excuse my bad English(I'm from Germany, which is exactly my problem with SVC). Is there a way to use SVC with the German Voice Recognition under Windows 7 64 bit? I tried to say things in your software without opening X3, but nothing happens. Then I opened the Grammar Compiler and said some of the entries in a German pronounciation and the Voice Recognition marked the right entries.But when I say it in your Software nothing happens. It doesn't work in-game either.
Maybe you can help me,
Kaktusfresser

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 22:11

Unfortunately I only have access to sapi 5.1, which is "English, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese".

The language file is set to English but it can pick up most words (e.g. German words, spelt in English) however, I'm not to sure how to tell a German PC to use an English language. I suspect you can just change your windows regional/language settings, thou I'm unsure if this will work.

Kaktusfresser
x3tc

Post by Kaktusfresser » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 16:45

First, thank you for helpig me!
In Win 7 Home I can't choose another langugage for Voice Recognition.And because of 64 bit, I can't use Sapi 5 either. But I think there is a general problem: SVC doesnt get a single word(Grammar loaded, nothing more), but the Windows Voice Recognition gets the right word.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 21:01

I have win7 64 bit, so running Sapi 5 isn't an issue, but as I said I can only tie in with the English Chinese and Japanese languages, so you will have to find a way to switch your language to English.

e.g. Control Panel, region and language settings (Thou I'm unsure if this works, as I don't have German windows to test from :S )

Kaktusfresser
x3tc

Post by Kaktusfresser » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 15:33

The Sapi I downloaded din't work on a 64bit system. Could you post a download of Sapi5 which works on a 64 bit Windows?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 22:04

Try this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

And install this one:

SpeechSDK51.exe

Although, you shouldn't need to install it on a w7 machine, my w7 64 bit machine just works (Thou I am not running the home addition) (and this is after a format). However, you DO need to run through the voice training at least once. (And presumably your language would have have been set to English when you do it)

Kaktusfresser
x3tc

Post by Kaktusfresser » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 18:43

I downloaded and installed Sapi5 , but I can't choose it in my Speech Recognition settings. I can't choose English 8.0 either, because it's just Home Premium. So, where can I choose Sapi 5?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 21:24

You don't need to choose sapi, it already uses the correct version.

You need to choose english in your normal language and region settings in your control panel.

Eskymak

Post by Eskymak » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 15:57

Working fine, thanks
but i have only problem when i say xxx(blue) fly to sector mars or argon prime,.... Program recognize command fine but in game i see mesage "Unrecognized sector: Kingdom end"

sorry for english

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 21:58

I'm currently trying to work out an... inconsistency in the way SVC works.

For some reason, when it returns the input of what you say, it is always cutting out the last piece of information. So in that case it isn't sending the sector, and is defaulting to null null (which is sector 0,0 i.e. kingdoms end)

(This is a flaw in either my code or Sapi, not the X3 script side) Out of curiosity what operating system are you running? (As I have only noticed this issue occurring since I've gone to windows 7, but I wasn't looking very hard at it on win xp)

Eskymak

Post by Eskymak » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 01:15

I have Win XP SP3

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”