[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

snwboardn21
x4

[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade

Post by snwboardn21 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:01

This is Al_main's excellent X3:R script to be able to do bulk beam transactions with stations. He has given me permission to put this version on the forums. All that was done to it was changing the script version to 42 using notepad and changing the text file used to a in game custom slot. I only did the english version because I am not quite sure how to make a text file for other languages. If there are any problems please post them and I will look into it. So far it has worked flawlessly for me.

(Original X3:R post)
Advert:

What can you do with the 10,000 ore inside your industrial complex that produces ore faster than a fleet of freighters can remove it?

Or having spent 20million+, have you ever been dissapointed with the trading opportunities that arise from owning your own TL? Frustrated that you cant even exploit simple trading opportunities?

Well the answer to your problems is here. Pick up your bulk transporter upgrade today from all good Teladi Stockists to transport your cargo effortlessly from ship to station!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Background Information:

After transporter devices entered the public marketplace the teladi managed to reverse engineer Goner Transporter devices. Due to interstella copyright laws the teladi were unable to release their own version and eventually came to an agreement the Goners believed to be mutually beneficial to all, allowing this upgrade to be released. Due to Teladi subsidies on the station based side of the technology it was quickly adopted universe wide with all stations now being complient with the new technology.

On installing, Teladi Equipment docks will have the Bulk Freight Trasporter upgrade on sale. Demand has forced the price up slightly due to the device reducing the need for big ships to have an entourage of TS class ships in convoy with which to obtain resources, such as energy cells, from stations. Although it remains far cheaper than the alternative convoy of TSs that are usually required.

When installed, and in use with a transporter device the upgrade alllows capital class ships (TL, M1 and M2) to beam cargo directly from the cargo hold of a player owned station, and to trade with NPC stations. As with transporter devices the bulk beam upgrade has a limited range of 5km as the Transporter device is still the underlying technology. If the command is activated from too far away the ship will fly to within range and then use the transporter device. *The price charged by trading in this way will be the price of the goods when the ship has reached the station*

Code: Select all

Command: Bulk Transporter Upgrade

5853 - Bulk Transporter Upgrade by Al_Main (updated for TC by snwboardn21)

28;0;0;0;0;69;5853;0;5635;1;1;0;5635;-100000;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_NEW11; 158,203 credits 

Bulk Transporter Upgrade by Al_Main

<t id="726">COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_26</t> Bulk Transporter Upgrade 
Requires Cycrows Plugin Manager
Enlgish Bulk Transporter Upgrade <-*updated 10/12/2010 this is the same package as Reisser has uploaded on page 5 except in an .spk format. If I am not mistaken it seems as though he has got this working with M7's, as there was an issue before.*
Last edited by snwboardn21 on Tue, 12. Oct 10, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:17

Just make sure you've got his permission. Otherwise, you may feel the force squeeze your neck. :)

snwboardn21
x4

Post by snwboardn21 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 20:30

Just to ease your mind

Al Main
to me

show details 8:21 AM (6 hours ago)

Yeah sure. Feel free to post it on the forums for people to use.

AL

addy's removed LV
Subject: Bulk transporter upgrade
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 08:22:32 -0500

Hey I updated your Bulk Transporter upgrade to work with the new X3 TC. All I did was change the version for the editor and switched the text file to use a built in custom ware slot. There have been a few requests for this one to be transferred on the forums. I was going to put it up but wanted to make sure that was alright with you. Let me know either way.

-Tyson (snwkill)
"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 20:39

I quite like the sound of this downloads :)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 20:47

Posting his email address on the internets for spammers to pick up on probably isn't a very good "thank you" for letting you release the script :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 21:29

I wasn't trying to be a douche, I just know a lot of people put a lot of time in their scripts. :)

No offense intended.

That said, I agree with the email addy, you can probably delete that.

This is a very useful script. I loved it in Reunion, as it proved invaluable. But, I already converted it for myself a couple weeks ago. :p

Good job though, you'll find a lot of people can't live without this one. :)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 21:35

I never heard of it before as I did not play Reunion much but it will come in handy for the hub later on as I restarted game for 1.3 :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 21:42

Yep.

I just restarted last week (about the 5th time), I plan on it again once 1.3 is on Steam.

This script rocks. Ordering your TL to go up to an SPP and buy all 50000 ecells in one shot is awesome. :)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 21:51

Aye, loved this script in x3R. Was one of the ones i was hopeing that was gonna be ported over. I had problems with useing the freight drones myself. Although i just went to the 1.3 patch last night and havent tried them yet, i still grabed this because it saves a few mintues on seta ;)

Thanks for porting this over.

snwboardn21
x4

Post by snwboardn21 » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 01:20

Thanks for taking out the addy's LV, didn't even think about that.

No offense taken, you had just mentioned it twice so I figured it was on your mind.

This is my favorite script by far. It's so depressing once you rack up enough money for a TL just to find out how much work it takes to even use them, efficiently anyhow. Definitely glad Al_main did this one.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 02:09

snwboardn21 wrote: No offense taken, you had just mentioned it twice so I figured it was on your mind.
Oh, that was you? :p

My mind isn't what it used to be.

Chances are, if you'd release this again tomorrow, I'd say that a third time. :)

I need to quit drinking.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 02:48

Hi,

Thanks for releasing this, much appreciated.

Not tried it in my current game yet (can't quite afford a TL yet!) though I do have a question for yourself or those that have.

In vanilla TC if you order to TL to buy something (using 'Buy Ware...' for example) it will fly to a station even though it can't actually dock at it. But it does seem to try and will often end up either 'orbiting' the factory if you are in sector, or just moving on top of it out of sector.

I was just wondering as the TL will actually try to buy, combining it with this script (or modified version) we could actually issue standard buy commands to our TLs and have it fly to the station & beam the wares across? Imagine what being able to issue a 'Sell Ware for Best Price' on your TL (which will be able to auto jump of course) for one of your mega complexes would be like!

I recall that in the Reunion version of this script there were special bespoke commands to use the Bulk Transporter, I assume this is the same. However does anyone think it'd be possible to integrate it into the standard command set?

Even without the above this is a VERY useful script indeed.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Davidov4
x3tc

Post by Davidov4 » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 01:27

I've heard nasty rumors that M7s can only dock at the same stations as M1/2 and TLs if so did you happen to adjust this script so that it will work for them too?
If im wrong about the M7 thing then I apologise profusely in advance

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 07:51

Wierd. Had this working on an m7 after I disabled the cbeam software. Then, restarted the game and it was not working on my m7 but was working on my TL. Have you tested this thing on an M7? Maybe I have a script conflict?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 08:13

if $shiptype == {TL 2032} 
    $install = 1 
  end

if $shiptype == {M2 2022} 
    $install = 1 
  end

if $shiptype == {M1 2021} 
    $install = 1 
  end

Those are the only ones i see in the file tnal.bulk.beam.show

Im guessing if you were to put in a m7 there, it would work, but im not 100% sure. Someone else can probly confirm or deny that

if $shiptype == {M7 2027}
    $install = 1
  end
I think that would allow a m7 to use it.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 21:03

if someone could confirm this it would be great! Me and my m7 would appreciate it! :)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 22:26

Well i installed and added that part last night. I have been going crazy with my m1 with trying to trade and forgot all about this script, heh. I tossed in a m7 and the ware and i had the menu on it. Only thing i didnt test was to make sure everyoen else didnt have the menu and it actually work. It was at like 3am last night, so ill make sure later on today.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 16:44

I really love this one.. refueling a TL without being able to dock a Dolphin Superfreighter underneath it sure makes it handy.

I didn't knew it already existed for X3R.. oh well.. a dockable TS did the same job (even thogh the TS was more of a rumpus ship for excessive stuff I picked up but didn't wanted to sell or just simply as extra 14'000 storage)
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

zombini

other ships?

Post by zombini » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 20:45

this is a cool idea but what about M7 class ships? you cannot dock at any stations with them and BTU doesn´t seem to work with them, that makes cargo movement pain in the a**, probably because the original script comes from X3R where were no M7 class ships at all, any1 could look into that?

Davidov4
x3tc

Post by Davidov4 » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 06:04

btw zombini you should look at page 1 of this script

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”