[SCRIPT] Hotkey Manager : V1.11 : 2010/01/03

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

t-master
x3tc

Post by t-master » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 14:54

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Afaik Lucike doesn't use the Hotkey Manager for his scripts. Looking through his topics you might have made the same mistake as the user in this post (copying the uninstall scripts to the scripts folder).
Afaik I didn't but anyway I'll then ask there for further help :)

Tobi

mandrac
x4

Post by mandrac » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 16:27

ok i read somewhere that i need this script for call another script
but
i never used script
i must call this
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218088
to config this
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219597

on the comunity stuff i read this
To use it, simply set the hotkey and press it to open the menu.

my question is:

HOW????!!!!!! :evil:

inaseral

Post by inaseral » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 06:48

I have a problem in albion prelude, I use the plugin manager advanced 1.46 which comes with the hotkey manager 1.21.

My problem is that my keys keep on erasing older keys to the point that half my scripts/plugins are not available anymore, I played x3r, x3tc, and i don't remember such troubles. This is my favorite game and I'm on the verge of abandon from this.

Maybe it's something i forget doing or that I'm doing wrong but the problem is the same.

I don't use tons of scripts, never more than 10 that don't conflict or that don't erase something else, but i like to experiment a little with the ones that don't give expected results.

i use XRM AP
Phanom
Pirate guild
Yaki armada
MARS
ADS
and a few spk

As an example, I had improved boarding installed, it worked but i never succeeded at getting a ship from it, so i installed marine trainer to test this with top marines. Well, i got the marine trainer but the improved boarding disappeared! In fact it replaced it for the same key. Then I installed improved races working with AP and it replaced the marine trainer key :shock:

What can I do to get back my scripts?

StarHiker

Hotkey Manager with double click-multiple functions possible?

Post by StarHiker » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 05:38

Hey Cycrow, Great Work!!

I came across this little script Library to manage multi purpose hotkeys.

Code: Select all

http://www.hentschke-keramik.de/x3scripts_tc.php3#lib.multi.hotkey
The author seems to have burned out and put all his stuff up to use.
Any chance this could be merged in some way, with either your Hotkey manager or the community menu?
I think the ability to click one key One time to start a specific Menu,
2 click next item in same menu, Ect,
would remove 80% of the frustration from this game.

Seems to me that most all the posts concerning mods have a degree of
needing some kind of ability to add multiple keys per item.
I for one sure wish the developers had made their key binding to allow multiple keys to be used as a single Hot Key.

Hope to see something like this done for the In-game key binding.
Anything you can think of is Possible, only that which you can not Conceive is Impossible

AcidWeb
x4

Post by AcidWeb » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 11:19

Installing Hotkey Manager remove Community Configuration Menu keybind. Anybody know how to fix it?

The problem occurs only when Hotkey Manager is added to game where Community Configuration Menu is already installed.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 16:57

when you say key bind, do you mean that the key is no longer bound to the menu, or the item has completely gone, so you can't bind anything to it ?

AcidWeb
x4

Post by AcidWeb » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 17:02

Cycrow wrote:when you say key bind, do you mean that the key is no longer bound to the menu, or the item has completely gone, so you can't bind anything to it ?
Completely missing. Community menu is still working if i start it from script editor.

Community menu entry disappear from setting menu and keybind is now assigned to first bind of addon that use Hotkey Manager. Improved boarding in my case.

When I start new game everything is working correctly. Issue occurs only when I'm adding Hotkey Manager to save that had only Community Menu.

AcidWeb
x4

Post by AcidWeb » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 16:53

So any workaround is available? Starting community menu from script editor every time is somewhat uncomfortable :-P

Darth_Wayner

Post by Darth_Wayner » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 18:57

I'm pretty shaky on computing and scripting so sorry for the rudimentary question:

I found through the course of playing this game more than I should that my most commonly used command form the nav menu is the "jump and dock at station" command.

That command is below command line 9 which means I need to arrow down to it each time which is painful. Can Use this hotkey manager to set that command to any single key to be used from either within the nav menu or better yet, just by having the subject ship highlighted in property menu or set as current target?

If so, can you give me the basic steps I would need to follow to set that up?

Spihc
x3ap

Post by Spihc » Tue, 27. May 14, 22:08

Hi everyone! Thread looks pretty dead but I'm gonna try my luck anyway :

I'm definitely not a master modder, but with a basic knowledge of programming it's pretty straightforward so I'm not creating mods but sometimes I feel like making minors modifications to the mods I have installed.

@Darth_Wayner : in the script editor there's a 'lib.move.jumptostation' file which does that (haven't many mods installed, so I don't think it comes from some weird mode from the depths of the forums, if it's not native it's probably from Cycrow's Advanced Navigation Software).

Now where your problem joins mine and I hope someone else can shed some light on this :

I have the plugin manager, the hotkey manager installed, and a mod I downloaded and would very much be able to access via hotkey (Cyberfuzzie's Transporter Trade, if you want to know).

I find the setup.cf.TransporterTrade, add the line calling the plugin.hotkeymanager.add script, save the modification, save/reload my game. And now I have an unbound "transporter trade" command in my control menu, so far so good. However once I've bound the command to the hotkey, nothing happens. The Transporter Trade script works when I'm calling it via the special command menu so this is not the problem. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for your help!

(Btw, have been lurking around here for a while but I'm pretty sure this is my first post, so Cycrow if you're still around to read this : Thanks for your awesome work!! )

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 28. May 14, 00:11

At a guess, the script you're calling runs on [THIS]. That way when the script is called via the command console of a ship, the script will run (locally) on this specific ship. However, if you call the script via a hotkey the script will run globally ([THIS] == null), which means that the script won't have any reference to work with.

If what I described above is the case, an easy solution would be to ask the player for an input value (the ship in question) when the script is called using the <RetVar/IF><RefObj> get user input: type=<Script Reference Type>, title=<Var/String> command (can be found in the Other Commands) and to replace all instances of [THIS] with the return variable of said command.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 28. May 14, 10:32

Also, if the script has arguments on it, then it wont work directly as a hotkey.

When a script has arguments and is run from the command, it'll display an input for each of those arguments, but if run from a hotkey, those arguments will be NULL.

Also, as X2, says, most command scripts will assume its being run on an object, and hotkey scripts are run globablly.

So to fix this, and for Darth-Wayners question, you can create an intermediate script that you attach the hotkey too, and this script will then call the script you want on the correct object and with the correct arguments.

If you want the command to run on your current ship, simply use [PLAYERSHIP] as the object.

any arguments you may need, you can get using the get user input command for each one, and pass them to the script you are running.

Darth_Wayner, if you are still around, all commands have a !ship.cmd script, so you just have to call the corerct one from the intermediate script.
You cant get the ship thats highlighted in the property menu to use with the hotkey, but you can get the current target, then just run the command script on the current target object. You will also need to get the destination station, use the get user input command to display the menu to select it

Spihc
x3ap

Post by Spihc » Wed, 28. May 14, 20:20

Volltreffer X2-Illuminatus!

The script doesn't have arguments but starts with a check that returns null if [THIS] is not of class Ship, so I guess I was actually running it but exiting at the second line...

Thanks for the tip Cycrow, I did as you suggested and that gives me even more flexibility that I'd hoped! I've added a check so that the script runs on my target if it's a ship, and on [PLAYERSHIP] otherwise. Works like a charm! (I'll have to make sure there's a check that prevents me from running it on ships that are not mine though :D )

Thanks to the both of you! :)

KRM398
xr

Re: [SCRIPT] Hotkey Manager : V1.11 : 2010/01/03

Post by KRM398 » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 17:50

download button is dead, so that means this mod is too..lol

Sylevar
x3ap

Post by Sylevar » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 21:09

Sorry to necro post, but since this is still relevant to me and some other people according to, albeit 1 year old, posts, I decided to help out.

The link to the file is still active, but the download button isn't. So, using my knowledge of HTML I managed to track down the link and am sharing it below, just right click it and copy the link location:

http://xpluginmanager.co.uk/tcscripts/H ... 1.2010.spk

Have a good day everyone!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 21:12

I fixed the download button in the opening post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”