[SCRIPT] Hotkey Manager : V1.11 : 2010/01/03

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

lonck

Post by lonck » Thu, 27. May 10, 00:37

It doesn't seem to work for me. How do I make a hotkey for [dock at my target] command for example. I have 2.1

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. May 10, 22:03

the hotkey manager is more for scripters to use, so they dont need to create extra scripts to handle thier own hotkeys.

if you dont know scripts, then it wont be easy to do what you want.

however, if you have a basic grasp of scripting and will make ur own script, u can then use it to easily create and maintain a new hotkey.

to do that, you need to create a new script, preferable a setup one to auto load at startup, and have that call the hotkey manager script to register you hotkey, and link it to the command script you want

Dragonfox
x3tc

Post by Dragonfox » Thu, 27. May 10, 23:55

hotkey manager also needed for some scripts in Cycrow Pluin manager like Advanced Navigation Software.

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 06:04

Does anyone know if this script is compatible with the new xtended 1.1 version?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 02:02

no reason y it shouldn't work, its just a library script

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 05:35

Cool, have always used your scripts since X2 The Threat. Are you going to work on making some of your others compatible for the new xtended version 1.1 or is it even necessary?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 20:35

afaik, most, if not all should already be compatable, scripts in general dont have compatability with mods

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 20:40

Awesome! Sorry to bother you again, but have one more question.

Per Xtended's forum, your Plugin Mgr ( & Lite) are not compatible due to it using the EMP, how do you suggest to install these scripts WITHOUT the Plugin MGR? Thanks for the help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 17:33

tbh im not sure y it wouldn't be compatble

have it actually been tried with the plugin manager, or are ppl just assuming it wont be ?

the plugin manager doesn't override any mod files, its emp mod is only added if the current mod doesn't have any ware entries in its place

if any mod includes its own emp file, then the plugin manager will simply use the mods version and not its own
so it should not break compatability with using mods

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 19:52

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Phazaar

Post by Phazaar » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 15:55

Not meaning to necro an old thread, but as this is the most up-to-date version I could find, I felt this was the appropriate place to ask.

I have the weirdest bug ever right now. I just installed all of the mods I used to use having finished playing through the storyline in Vanilla, and then ended up with the strange occurrence that at seemingly random intervals, whatever I'm doing gets interrupted by a request to launch a missile barrage (the how many rounds should be fired dialogue)...

Having gone through one by one disabling and enabling scripts, it turns out that the one that makes this happen is the Hotkey Manager script library. With it installed (even without any of the plugins that require it) this happens more or less constantly (about every 5 minutes in in-game time, though occasionally every few seconds)... It feels like it happens more when I'm giving commands to ships etc, so could perhaps be a conflict with autopilots etc?

If I could provide more information, I would, but I simply can't think of any more detail. I don't know if it's possible to get a printout of all of the hotkeys it's managing or anything like that, but I guess that might be the starting point?

Any help would be massively appreciated :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 18:22

unlikly the hotkey manage on its own doing that.

as all it does is register hotkeys, it doesn't do anything else

what game is this for ?

perhaps u have some other mod that might be causing a problem

Phazaar

Post by Phazaar » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 19:55

Thanks for the quick reply Cycrow, you really are an asset to these forums!

Realised I hadn't disabled all of the scripts when trying to debug it haha! Turns out select all + rightclick, disable only disables the one you right click on! Rookie error, but back on track now! Turns out the script doing it is Missile Safety, and from a quick glance at that thread, that seems to be caused by the AP scripts being brought in to TC... Trying a manual install of the .xmls in that package instead, and it ought to work from then on!

As ever, it seems Cycrow scripts are infallable ;)

t-master
x3tc

Post by t-master » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 22:18

Once I load a save I get the message that "The hotkeys for commercial agent were removed".
I get the same for CODEA, Commodity Logistics Software and Economics and Supply Trader.
Does anyone know what causes them?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 11:06

Afaik Lucike doesn't use the Hotkey Manager for his scripts. Looking through his topics you might have made the same mistake as the user in this post (copying the uninstall scripts to the scripts folder).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

t-master
x3tc

Post by t-master » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 14:54

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Afaik Lucike doesn't use the Hotkey Manager for his scripts. Looking through his topics you might have made the same mistake as the user in this post (copying the uninstall scripts to the scripts folder).
Afaik I didn't but anyway I'll then ask there for further help :)

Tobi

mandrac
x4

Post by mandrac » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 16:27

ok i read somewhere that i need this script for call another script
but
i never used script
i must call this
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218088
to config this
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219597

on the comunity stuff i read this
To use it, simply set the hotkey and press it to open the menu.

my question is:

HOW????!!!!!! :evil:

inaseral

Post by inaseral » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 06:48

I have a problem in albion prelude, I use the plugin manager advanced 1.46 which comes with the hotkey manager 1.21.

My problem is that my keys keep on erasing older keys to the point that half my scripts/plugins are not available anymore, I played x3r, x3tc, and i don't remember such troubles. This is my favorite game and I'm on the verge of abandon from this.

Maybe it's something i forget doing or that I'm doing wrong but the problem is the same.

I don't use tons of scripts, never more than 10 that don't conflict or that don't erase something else, but i like to experiment a little with the ones that don't give expected results.

i use XRM AP
Phanom
Pirate guild
Yaki armada
MARS
ADS
and a few spk

As an example, I had improved boarding installed, it worked but i never succeeded at getting a ship from it, so i installed marine trainer to test this with top marines. Well, i got the marine trainer but the improved boarding disappeared! In fact it replaced it for the same key. Then I installed improved races working with AP and it replaced the marine trainer key :shock:

What can I do to get back my scripts?

StarHiker

Hotkey Manager with double click-multiple functions possible?

Post by StarHiker » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 05:38

Hey Cycrow, Great Work!!

I came across this little script Library to manage multi purpose hotkeys.

Code: Select all

http://www.hentschke-keramik.de/x3scripts_tc.php3#lib.multi.hotkey
The author seems to have burned out and put all his stuff up to use.
Any chance this could be merged in some way, with either your Hotkey manager or the community menu?
I think the ability to click one key One time to start a specific Menu,
2 click next item in same menu, Ect,
would remove 80% of the frustration from this game.

Seems to me that most all the posts concerning mods have a degree of
needing some kind of ability to add multiple keys per item.
I for one sure wish the developers had made their key binding to allow multiple keys to be used as a single Hot Key.

Hope to see something like this done for the In-game key binding.
Anything you can think of is Possible, only that which you can not Conceive is Impossible

AcidWeb
x4

Post by AcidWeb » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 11:19

Installing Hotkey Manager remove Community Configuration Menu keybind. Anybody know how to fix it?

The problem occurs only when Hotkey Manager is added to game where Community Configuration Menu is already installed.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”