[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

XELA NAMYT

Post by XELA NAMYT » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 15:18

Hi,

I have downloaded the Medium Hub Plot script because I heard that the hub plot would require me living to about 784 years to get it done, which I don't have!

Anyway, I put the script in my X3TC folder and as far as I can tell it hasn't worked. I encountered the hub plot after installing this script and I did the '400 computer components' part, now onto the microchips. I was reading your 'A Slice of X' and noticed the 400 computer components seemed to be the vanilla amount, so I don't want to progress to the ore requirement in case I have to get the vanilla amount.

I have ran the script editor (by changing my name) at some point. I also have a few other scripts installed that work fine (CAG, FCC, SpaceLootTransporter, Marine Trainer etc).

Have I put the file in a stupid place (currently ..X3TC\directory\[your file].xml), or not done something else. I have checked your instructions and searched the forums, but nothing has helped.

Thanks very much,

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 00:54

The HUB plots go into ....

X3TC\director

The first mission is doable by collecting them. If you fly around Argon space, You should come close, and I think Split make them as well.

If you find any microchips, buy them as well, as fed to a computer factory, they can make the last components for you.

The 2nd mission should be altered after you get the plot in the correct directory.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 10:38

is there a feature to disable certain type of *beam?

say, I only interested in ship beaming, so the other C,A,and D beams can be disable?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 10:42

As scripts, they are packaged separately, so if you only want ship beaming, then only install the beamdock spk. The others are in the Cbeam spk, so ignore that.

Within my mod, they are all present. To removed the C/A/Dbeams, just delete the the 3 setup.?beam scripts from the script directory. But if you do not assign them to a hotkey in the first place, you wont notice they are there.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 11:40

I dl and install the Beam dock script, but it doesnt work in game

I'm flying Deimos (m7), got a Discover (m4 or 5), launch Discover, issue Beam Dock but get weired feedback, doesnt work.

Betty responded something like, cmd accepted, then straight away cmd rejected again.

I got transponder on Deimos, do I need that on the small ship as well?

Also cannot find hotkey for the beam dock, only find it in the navigation command console
What else need to make it work?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 13:06

Beamdock only works beaming onto a M1, M2 (with docking slots), TL or TM.

Theres a bug with TM's where you cant beam a TS/TP off them, but you can beam them onto an M1 and then beam them off the M1 to space. Not quite worked that out yet.

There is no hotkey, since the command has to be initiated from the ship being beamed. If you beam yourself, you will be compressed down to about half an inch in size and its game over, because then you cant get out. (Minor downside).

Open up commands on the ship you want to beam, beamdock, select M1,M2,TL or TM to beam onto, accept. To beam off, open up ship interface of the carrier, landed ships, select ship, commands, beamdock, where in space to put it, accept.

Any particular reason that you want to beam a disco on or off an M7 ? I cant say I've had any trouble with M5's and M7's docking myself.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 13:52

apricotslice wrote:Beamdock only works beaming onto a M1, M2 (with docking slots), TL or TM.
Ok, noted.
apricotslice wrote:Any particular reason that you want to beam a disco on or off an M7 ? I cant say I've had any trouble with M5's and M7's docking myself.
Particularly the same reason for M1/M2; the Discover fly far faster (300+) than the M7 (120).

Noted I run CMOD3.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 07:53

Can you make the "beam-in drone" works on your own freight drone as well? It's a pain that everytime you use the freight drone to support your M1/2/7/TL, and you have to manuelly ram them to pick them up.

ps. dbeam also works on AI's drones. I've been stealing AI freighter's drone for awhile :lol:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 08:06

Hmmmm, oversight :oops:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 05:47

The current version of DBeam does beam in player drones.

If yours is not, uninstall your copy of the Cbeam spk, then download and install the current version.

If it still doesnt beam the player drones, let me know.

I've added 2 new scripts to the list that ahve been requested, see OP.

MillitantOne
x3tc

Post by MillitantOne » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 23:14

Hi,

Trying to install Medium Hub mission,

As per the instructions I tried to unzip into the X3TC folder using WinRar and it wont let me. It does unxzip if I do it anywhere else, and I get a folder called "Apricot-Medium-Hub-Plot" which contains two more folders, "Hub Medium" (Empty) and "X3 Terran Conflict" this folder then contains another called "director" which contains the script "2.007 Hub Plot"

Which of these folder's do I need to copy into My X3TC Folder?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 00:09

Err...its a zip, not a rar. You need winzip or ezip to unpack it properly.

Under your TC directory, you need a 'director' directory, and the "2.007 Hub Plot" goes in there.

MillitantOne
x3tc

Post by MillitantOne » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 00:47

Under your TC directory, you need a 'director' directory, and the "2.007 Hub Plot" goes in there.
Thanks,

thats what I thought but wasnt sure and wanted to check.
apricotslice wrote:Err...its a zip, not a rar. You need winzip or ezip to unpack it properly.
Im no expert but WinRar unpacks both .Rar & .Zip files, +other formats or a least it says it does, and has worked fine for unpacking Gazz's MARS Scr Zip File, which has been running in my current game for some time with no problems.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 02:15

Thats weird what it did then. Unless you have the original version which I stuffed up the folders in.

I'll reupload in case the wrong zips are there.

MillitantOne
x3tc

Post by MillitantOne » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 15:57

apricotslice wrote:Thats weird what it did then. Unless you have the original version which I stuffed up the folders in.

I'll reupload in case the wrong zips are there.

Ive had it before when trying to unpack things, its most probably something to do with Vista (I have Vista 64bit).

Instead of Unpacking directly to the X3TC directory, I just unpacked it into its own folder, (got the results I described before) and then copied JUST the 'director' directory (which did contain the Scr.) into my X3TC directory by hand. I assume this will still work? or is there something im still missing?

Thanks for your help :)

P.S. Just tried to re-download and install directly to X3TC, and still does the same thing, so its me not your Upload, thanks for trying tho.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 22:05

does beamdock let me dock an m8 anywhere?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 01:36

It should do.

If it doesnt, let me know so I can check the code.

I'm not sure I tested it for beaming onto TM though, but M1 and TL should be fine.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 22:43

Hi apricotslice,

You mentioned somewhere that you had a script in this mod that would equip a ship with shields, guns, missiles, etc., and of course charge a fair price for the convenience. What might that script be? I'd like to take a look at it and perhaps use it. Or am I remembering wrong?
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 23:49

setup-apricot-basics.xml

The charging bit is starred out as yet. Never got around to changing it :)

Its rigged at the moment for specific ships, but theres code still in there for when I was using ship type instead.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 11:51

Normal HUB Plot with Early trigger of PHQ Plot.

This is an Alpha release of a version of the HUB plot that starts the HQ plot after you dock at the HUB for the first time. The PHQ plot should begin 6 game hours after you dock, give or take a bit.

Testers Needed please.

See here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 99#2763499

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”