[MOD] Turret Fix - 75 ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:12

SpenzOT wrote:You might want to check the Q. 2 false turrets (1 rear turret and a top turret), turrets that point in the wrong direction when firing (all turrets), turrets that do not fire at angles they should be able to (side turrets), 1 turret that fires at an angle it should NOT be able to (rear turret), turrets that are crooked on their mounts (all turrets).

The Q was a rush job I can already tell. It needs loving.
Lile I said in the above post report BUGS on the tech support forum :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:18

Lile I said in the above post report BUGS on the tech support forum :wink:
Oh yes. Report obvious bugs that have most likely already been reported and most likely have a low priority (so that means it will be fixed some time in 2012), or report it to a guy who is already in the process of fixing similar problems now.

Though I don't know if he will be able to fix the Q, but at least we can get an answer (prompt I might add).

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:22

Great! I've been in a Springblossom and the big dead zones were annoying. This fixes the side turrets perfectly. There is still a small dead zone in the back turret, any chance you can fix that too? It's only a little sliver on the left and the right sides, but I think it might be to blame for my back turret sometimes being on but not firing when things are off to the side.

Also, a note to others: To get this to work on the Springblossom I was flying, I had to eject, jump it out of the sector, and jump it back in. That apparently resets the turrets, as after that the dead zones disappeared like they were supposed to.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:29

SpenzOT wrote:Oh yes. Report obvious bugs that have most likely already been reported and most likely have a low priority (so that means it will be fixed some time in 2012), or report it to a guy who is already in the process of fixing similar problems now.
People like you who have been onthe forum all of 5 minutes who know nothing about how betatesting and the gaming industry work make me laugh, if you don't report a fault it does not get seen. I can assure you if you do report one on the tech support forum it does get seen.

And besides the Q with working turrets would be nasty :lol:
Last edited by TSM on Fri, 5. Dec 08, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:30

Yep. Fixes/changes like this will require a new model to be made. One way is to in fact, make it leave/come back to your current sector.

It's a "refresh" sorta thing. :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 19:39

TSM wrote:Your more than welcome to sign your NDA and help beta test in future if you think you could do a better job :wink: or maybe even report the bugs in question :roll:
I've been Lead Tester for Battlecruiser 3000 AD. I did my time in the trenches. =)

I never said or implied that these haven't been reported/logged, just that the modeler royally messed up what should have been a... cut/copy operation.

And report it? What for? I can fix it.

PaulP wrote:This fixes the side turrets perfectly. There is still a small dead zone in the back turret, any chance you can fix that too? It's only a little sliver on the left and the right sides, but I think it might be to blame for my back turret sometimes being on but not firing when things are off to the side.
Turret scripts can deal with a "little sliver" like that. However when 50 % of their firing arc is just plain missing...

Added Xenon Q, J, K.
Q was pretty bad (Tiger still holds the record!) but J/K only received a small upgrade to coverage. Their up/down turrets were only firing sporadically.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 01:11

I think I've heard someone complaining about the Shrike having terrible deadzones (Only given a nonsensical 90 degree arc). I think more Teladi ships may be affected in this way

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 01:51

Damn,there goes my easy xenon killing now!

Thanks tho, makes it more of a challenge now.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 02:35

While we are on the subject of bad turrets :) The Boron Angel aft turret really only has 50% coverage. It is a boarding ship, a bit crucial with some form of defense. Hehe. If you have time, maybe....? The top turret was weird too though.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 06:43

asser69 wrote:Damn,there goes my easy xenon killing now!
Thanks tho, makes it more of a challenge now.
It's not that bad, really.
Like with most ships, the top/bottom turrets could only cover about 60% of their intended angle.

Even the old Collossus and Python were like that! I gotta admit, I never looked closely before and this would explain a lot of "turret script XYZ does not always work" bugs...
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 07:45

Gazz wrote: I've been Lead Tester for Battlecruiser 3000 AD. I did my time in the trenches. =)

THAT had to be fun..... :roll: Not the easiest person to convince of a problem in his code.

Regardless, I would say I would love to see some of the BC ideas implemented in X3TC though... planetary bases and first person capability is a big plus in that game and one reason I did stick with the series from day one - even through all the, shall we say tough times...

Also, thanks for doing this ship fix.. I hope you do any that are found as many of us out here who are not modders do appreciate it...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 10:41

Gazz, Will this work with your complex cleaner?
Scripts I use.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 14:10

Wow Gazz, you've really been a busy bee. Much praise and thanks to thee :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 15:19

lLongshanks wrote:Gazz, Will this work with your complex cleaner?
It works with every mod that does not change the physical look of ships, such as the model or number or placement of turrets.

"Internal" changes to TShips such as speed or cargo space are no conflict.

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 15:35

Could you please look at the Shrike? It's firing arcs are ridiculous. (90 degree)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 15:40

Hehe, Gazz, you've certainly done it now. Requests are going to come in from far and wide :) Maybe Egosoft will give you some bonus reward for doing this, they sure should just implement your changed in to a patch for sure ;)

While we are on the subject. I have a Zephyrus. When I go to the turrets the view is at the middle of the ship and the turrets are at a distance. Is that normal? So half the time I can't see what I am shooting at. I am not sure if this is one of those things you are looking in to now so that's why I ask.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 15:54

Gazz wrote:
lLongshanks wrote:Gazz, Will this work with your complex cleaner?
It works with every mod that does not change the physical look of ships, such as the model or number or placement of turrets.

"Internal" changes to TShips such as speed or cargo space are no conflict.
Ok thanks, I wasnt sure if i could have multi Mods running at the same time
Scripts I use.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 16:01

xiriod wrote:While we are on the subject. I have a Zephyrus. When I go to the turrets the view is at the middle of the ship and the turrets are at a distance. Is that normal? So half the time I can't see what I am shooting at. I am not sure if this is one of those things you are looking in to now so that's why I ask.
Ravenholme wrote:Could you please look at the Shrike? It's firing arcs are ridiculous. (90 degree)
After breakfast. %&)"/§$&"§/)$!

Things like the TM (which uses tiny turrets) I can fix practically without ever looking at it in game but adjusting the camera position takes more time.
Last edited by Gazz on Sat, 6. Dec 08, 16:18, edited 2 times in total.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 16:05

Gazz wrote:
xiriod wrote:While we are on the subject. I have a Zephyrus. When I go to the turrets the view is at the middle of the ship and the turrets are at a distance. Is that normal? So half the time I can't see what I am shooting at. I am not sure if this is one of those things you are looking in to now so that's why I ask.
Ravenholme wrote:Could you please look at the Shrike? It's firing arcs are ridiculous. (90 degree)
After breakfast. %&)"/§$&"§/)$!

Sorry if we nag you Gazz :) You do a great job at this. Eat your breakfast in peace, and enjoy your Saturday. No need to hurry this. You do this of your spare time, we all understand very well.

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 16:17

Yes, please have your breakfast and enjoy your morning. Didn't mean to bog you down with requests :oops:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”