[MOD] Turret Fix - 75 ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 14. Mar 09, 01:43

this mod is rather obsolete as a turret fix.
Im also not sure if they did the cockpits or not... some, perhaps, some not.

cboath
x3tc

Post by cboath » Sat, 30. May 09, 16:06

cale_online wrote:just to clarify (didnt wanna read 18 pages!)

i've got TC 1.4, so i dont really need this mod?
unless i want moved cockpits?
You don't have to read 18 pages, you know since 1.4 wasnt out when this thread was started.

You could simply read from your post backwards and find out that the turret fixes and MOST of the cockpit views were added in v1.4.

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 17:51

I have a rather offbeat question, apologies if this is a bother because it probably isnt a 'bug', more a 'feature' (a most unwelcome one at that Egosoft!)

The Heavy Dragon's 4 gun, single turret is unable to fire directly to the rear in TC 1.4, despite the Dragon being able to do so and this being the primary task for a turret on a fast ship.

Does this mod 'fix' that so the Heavy Dragon is able to fire directly to the rear, or is that beyond the ambit of this mod and i must persist tolerating this 'feature'?

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 19:41

This turret fix was added in the 1.4 patch. So if you have the current 2.1 patch, you absolutely dont need this, and if you still try to use it, you're obviously going to break something.
--

spectre900

Post by spectre900 » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 17:13

could you add a better pilot view fix for the Ageir? I very much like some of the view fixes for main/forward guns fire on some ships, but the Ageir dont apear to have a fix and is horrible to aim with. I saw it in the list but I guess it only changed some turrets?
oh, and if you wouldnt mind, maybe angle the side turrets slightly forward so they can fire at targets in front like the shrike? it allready has poor damage compared to other M7's after all.

cyanideghost

Post by cyanideghost » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 02:03

Any idea if these problems exist still in Albion Prelude?
I would love to see some fixes for alot of it.
I was expecting it to be alot more than the same thing, with new plots, but I guess I'm impressed with the game itself, if only they could make it work like Black Prophecy and Freelancer, with ALOT more realism (military tactics/real world type of concepts(You shouldn't be able to fight in a transporter craft, whoever saw armed transports taking out actual fighters?) this would be the ultimate.
For all its quirks, its the best game to date, has massive potential, I hope they fix the Planets so we can actually pass between them and see all dimensions of it.
</rant>
Anyways, thank you for your assistance and persistence in fixing these issues.

Wilson-MG-
x4

Re: [MOD] Turret Fix - 75 ships

Post by Wilson-MG- » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 10:00

Gazz wrote:English / Deutsch
With a few small changes this mod has been included in the 1.4 patch.
Reading what Gazz wrote, I'm assuming it's been addressed some time ago. BTW, nice necro-post! :wink:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 13:21

These changes were included in X3:TC as of the 1.4 patch.

The devs figured it was a good idea not to break all these ships all over again in AP so they did not change anything about that.

The only reason to use this mod at all is if you prefer some or all of the cockpit position alterations I assigned.

The End.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”