[SCR] Missile Defense Mosquito [2009-08-23 X3TC 3.1.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Lucike
x4

[SCR] Missile Defense Mosquito [2009-08-23 X3TC 3.1.02]

Post by Lucike » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 19:16

Missile Defense Mosquito
(Version 3.1.02 - August 23th 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Missile Defense Mosquito Overview
  • This software protects small and large ships against enemy missile attacks and fighter drones.
  • This software protects the leader or the whole convoy against missile attacks and fighter drones. There must be only one ship in the group running this command.
Missile Defense Mosquito Preparation

Downloads

-> Missile Defense Mosquito (Version 3.1.02)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 2.1 or higher (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

Activating the Script Editor

Activating the script editor is not necessary for Missile Defense Mosquito. It will mark your game as ***modified***.

With the script editor activated, technical information is provided as well as normal information. This can be confusing. It is possible to run other unsigned scripts without starting the script editor. This requires a change in the script's boot file. This will mark your game as ***modified*** as well.

Installation

Simply extract the Zip into the X3TC directory like you did with the former version. Newer files should overwrite older ones. Main script files will reside in ".\scripts"- and ".\t\"-folder, all other files are for maintenance and uninstalling only.

Deinstallation

Copy file setup.plugin.missile.def.pck from "\scripts.uninstall\" in your X3TC folder to "\scripts". Run TC and load a saved game. Uninstallation is automatically started and finished when a message is sent to the logbook. Uninstallation takes 10 to 20 seconds from when the game was loaded. Save your game.

Run "Delete all Missile Defense Mosquito Scripts.bat" found in the "\scripts.delete" folder in your TC directory. This will delete the script's files.

Important: Never just delete scripts; your savegame will look for them.

Updating to a newer version

Simply re-extract the Zip into the X3TC directory. Simply unzip into your X3TC directory. There are files in "\scripts" and "\t", as well as other folders. These other files are used for maintenance and uninstalling. You may overwrite older files.

To remove obsolete or unused files, run "Delete old Missile Defense Mosquito Scripts.bat", found in "\scripts.delete", before extracting the new zip file. This is not necessary, but will keep your script folders neater.

Ingame, nothing needs restarting. All ships and stations should run the new scripts automatically, any ships set to notify you when orders are complete will send you a message. The old script is stopped before the new script is started, and the message can be ignored.

Missile Defense Mosquito Instructions

The Task

This software protects small and large ships against enemy missile attacks and fighter drones. Missile Defense Mosquito needs Mosquito missiles, Fight Command Software MK1 and MK2.

Mosquito missiles and Fight Command Software MK1 and MK2 can be found at equipment docks of most races.

Quick Guide
  1. Equip any ship with Fight Command MK1, MK2, and mosquito missiles
  2. Start "Missile Defense Mosquito" in the Additional Ship Commands menu.
Ship Equipment
  • A ship of any class (M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, M8, TL, TS, TM or TP)
  • Fight Command Software MK1
  • Fight Command Software MK2
  • Mosquito missiles
Handling

The software is started with the command "Missile Defense Mosquito" in the Additional Ship Commands menu. The software now watches for enemy missiles and drones and fires Mosquitoes at them. Remove the command from the Additional Ship Command menu to stop it, the command also stops if there are no mosquito missiles present or they have all been used.

The command "Missile Defense Mosquito Convoy", also in the Additonal Ship Command menu, allows one ship to protect itself and it's followers. This requires the following ships be using the navigation command "follow..." or fight command "Protect..."

Missile Defense Mosquito Technical Data

Language file
8002-L044.xml (ID 8002)
8002-L049.xml (ID 8002)

Command slot (Change command slot (German))
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_16 (1216)
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_17 (1217)

Object-Task
Global (Hotkey and restart)
Ship Task 10 or 11 (Depending on the player choice)

Official Abbreviation
"die RAM"
"the MDM"

< Keywords: ScripterLucike, Script, missiles, defense, mosquito, anti-missile >
Last edited by Lucike on Fri, 30. Oct 09, 01:01, edited 3 times in total.

Lucike
x4

reserved

Lucike
x4

reserved

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 20:58

Great, I have been waiting for this and probably many others as well! Are there any bugs that you know of, since you've labeled it a beta. Or is it more like a release candidate that just needs to be confirmed by the rest of us? :)

And when/if you release a new version, we just need to overwrite the old files and no need turn things off or something in-game? Just to be sure ;)

WindsOfBoreas

Post by WindsOfBoreas » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 21:25

Would probably be interesting seeing as how I changed the mosquito in my game to be a swarm missile. I couldn't help it; the mosquito just seems so pitiful without some friends...and some speed and turning adjustments.

Nice script, as always.
"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition." - Isaac Asimov

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 00:02

xiriod wrote:And when/if you release a new version, we just need to overwrite the old files and no need turn things off or something in-game? Just to be sure ;)
Yes, of course. ;)

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 18:11

Will this script work with Terran ships that due not use the Mosquito Missile?

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 02:38

Awesome. Such a useful script.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 03:37

Since ships can now be told to always restock to 'x' amount of mosquito missiles in the weapons command - this script just got a whole lot better than the X3R version. :D
[ external image ]

... old skool

Fus
x4

Post by Fus » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 10:48

Same Q as mcsquared, can this be edited for Terran ships ?

deepcut
x3tc

Post by deepcut » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 02:45

Ah ha!
I've been floundering around trying to figure out how to get this command in X3:TC, I remembered using it in X3:R.
Was this a Bonus Pack item in X3:R and I just failed to notice or remember ?
"Archimedes Elite, regarded by many as the best ever version." - Ian Bell, co-author of Elite

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 02:59

deepcut wrote:Ah ha!
I've been floundering around trying to figure out how to get this command in X3:TC, I remembered using it in X3:R.
Was this a Bonus Pack item in X3:R and I just failed to notice or remember ?
It was. X3TC doesnt have a bonus pack yet.
--

borgrel

Post by borgrel » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 21:24

muchas grasias.........

being the masochist that i am i started my first tc game on bankrupt assasin.
While limping to the nearest equipment dock i got over 25 kills and 10 combat ranks. It took all of 10 minutes

i then snuck into the dock, under fire (of course).........bought the mosquitoes i needed to survive the 75k damage ff missiles being launched in droves (because of my combat lvl) at my 25k hp mamba.

then i found out there was no such cmd yet in tc and promptly quit. if u'll excuse me i have some vanquishing to do.

GBscientist
x4

Post by GBscientist » Sun, 13. Dec 09, 17:39

Lucike, why haven't you submitted this script for the TC bonus pack? I'm pretty sure most players would welcome its official return.

Greetmir

Post by Greetmir » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 16:21

I could have sworn that a YouTube vid link showing a trial test of the MDM with one ship protecting three other ships from a WHACk of incoming missiles for a couple, three minutes it seemed like, in this very post.

Has it been removed or does anyone know what thread it is in ?

Sorry ... I found it ... It was about the Adams-ITT mod ... looks like it would work GREAT with this at missile defence! ... Say a Pather loaded with as many mosquitoes as it can load and MDM along with Adams-ITT running on it and its 22 turret slots :D ...

Thanks,

me
59 is just a number.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 20:00

Is there a Terran version of this script? It's nice that the (otherwise worthless) mosquito missile has another use but quite a shame that the Terrans have no alternative.

I assume this is due to the fact that the Terrans' lowest tier missile is a swarm missile and thus it would require a new missile to be made or the functionality of the Poltergeist changed.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 20:25

In theory, since the Poltergeist is an auto-retargetter, they should pick up and kill incoming missiles on their own, but they're very expensive and very powerful, so it's a waste to use them like Mosquitoes.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Tacticalhl

Post by Tacticalhl » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 18:07

Link broken.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 16:56

Lucike left this forum and removed direct download links. You can download his scripts from his own website: www.xuniversum.info, just use google-translation or something similar if you're not familiar with German.

Letzt
xr

Post by Letzt » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 10:10

Hello , I wanted to ask if the MDM is any good against flail barrage missle.

Having trouble with fighters against them and I have been looking into tactics and systems to mitigate damage from those.

p.s. Dont want(and wont respond to) any smart "rear" comments about using an M2 or such.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”