[AL PLUGIN]Conflicts Official Release Thread - v0.85 released -> Collaboration works!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

muttertron

Post by muttertron » Sun, 22. Feb 09, 15:05

12 hours, no lock ups, no bugs of any kind except that my help is requested in a NULL sector :? Running Mars, most of cycrow's and LV's scripts, ring of fire, FDN, CMOD, and the BSG ship pack along side it.

For me everything works great except that NULL sector thing with my boron ally I noticed others having this problem too.

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 20:12

I have taken pontifex seclusion but it hasnt given it to me. Theres definately nothing left paranid

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 21:33

Ok people, I have a problem.
I'm running the Conflicts mod and the universe it pretty much in all out war. The Paranid have done several raids into Argon territory (My ally btw) and they destroyed the major headquarters AND the Goner Temple. Any idea how I'm going to get a transport-deivce?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 19:07

You can get a transporter device at the argon trading station in heretics end... if its still there

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 20:10

Mental_Atom wrote:I have taken pontifex seclusion but it hasnt given it to me. Theres definately nothing left paranid
I have the same problem. I destroyed the Split station in The Wall (EQ Dock, there wasn't a Trading Station) and there was an entire Argon Fleet backing me up (several dozen fighters and a Carrier) but no effect.
Developers of the mod: any idea what's causing this?
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 05:03

Mavor,

Been following this mod for some time, I have a save game with it active with other mods but I have to agree with some of the other posters regarding the choices the AI makes when choosing oponents.

Haven't seen you post on the Conflicts website recently and saw your earlier post here that you won't have time to update the mod. I was wondering if the community could get a quick update on what's in the works if anything or has this become a dead link?

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 11:41

I was wondering.....Has the bug been fixed? The one where allied races stil attack each other, for example if i ally argon with boron they still invade eachother :evil:

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 18:25

I never knew that bug even existed, so im guessing its fixed

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 13:35

I posted an idea in the modding forum yesterday and was urged to put it in here as well, so here it is:
Crathes wrote:Firstly i was wondering if there is any script that enables you to join a race military to help then expanding their space?

If there is no such mod i have an idea. The player should be able to join the military of any race, given he has a high enough standing (not hostile).
The player can get assignments that will help his race's military. For example if you join the Boron military, you could get missions asking you to destroy Split ships or stations. The races should also be able to claim sectors they destroy, and should start building stations there.

Eventually you will move up in the ranks and gradually recieve more and more important missions, as well as more and more aid from your race.
For example, if youre a captain you could have access to a wing of 4 fighters, if any one ship is destroyed you can just head back to headquarters and get a replacement.
Loosing wingmembers should ofcourse have a negative effect on your ranking.

So basically a mod enabling the races to go to full war with eachother, and even exterminating the enemy race. The player should be able to take an active part in the warring and also maby even become the leader of the whole races military, able to issue commands to all the military craft of the race.
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 15:41

Your ideas would be a good addition to conflicts but Mavor has left the scene. Kind of disappointing really seeing how he went to the trouble of making a website for the mod, released one minor upgrade (Italian support wheeee) then apparently abandoned the project.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate all the effort that the modders go to bring new life to the X universe. They really ought to be given commissions from Egosoft seeing as many people in the community knew going in to buying this game that it would not be exactly the game they wanted but eventually someone would convert it to what you were looking for.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 14:37

Would be a great mod if it was coherent with the background of the X Universe. As in Argon and Boron not fighting, the Teladi mostly remaining neutral (in internal Commonwealth conflicts) and the commonest conflicts being between Pirates/Xenon/Kha'ak and Commonwealth. Terran remaining kinda passive too, but maybe raiding a Xenon sector now and then or deciding to blow up some Pirate fleets that must be raiding in their sectors.

herugorth
x2

Post by herugorth » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 15:49

Hello,

Because i wanted a great X3:TC game experience i install several mod with Conflicts before begin to play it.
I install these mods :
SS_T's Recomended Mods.
some performance mod like low poly roid...
Hard mode for X3 Terran Conflict
Combat mod 3 beta 5.1 + hud

[I play with a French X3:TC]

But when i started a new game (Terran side) i couldn't finish the first mission and dock to the Sci Station because this one wasn't in the sector and the mission ask me to dock on : Invalid

I restart again and same invalid missing station.

I disable Conflicts :( and restart a new game and the Sci station was there.

I don't know why conflicts destroy the station maybe they had different visions about the X universe and that lead to a conflitual relationship and your mod win the encounter.

I will enable later i think.

PS: sorry for my english , not my native language.

MasterChief096

Question about "Conflicts" mod

Post by MasterChief096 » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 07:59

Does the AI destroy special structures like Terracorp HQ, OTAS shipyard, etc? If so do these structures respawn?

I don't want to download the mod because I'm afraid these things will go bye-bye.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 08:19

I haven't downloaded this, because if you read the thread, it appears that the author has abandoned the project before killing all the bugs. And the thread seems to insinuate that anything is fair game for the AI; you're apt to lose any station.

Could be an interesting game with this running... but I'm not up for ruining my empire, just yet :)

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 12:31

Happyblue wrote:Your ideas would be a good addition to conflicts but Mavor has left the scene. Kind of disappointing really seeing how he went to the trouble of making a website for the mod, released one minor upgrade (Italian support wheeee) then apparently abandoned the project.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate all the effort that the modders go to bring new life to the X universe. They really ought to be given commissions from Egosoft seeing as many people in the community knew going in to buying this game that it would not be exactly the game they wanted but eventually someone would convert it to what you were looking for.
Has anyone attempted contact with him to take over development of the mod??

This is one of those mods that are great additions to the game but really needs work...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 15:50

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I was wondering what the default aggression level is - I want to tone it down a bit. I was thinking of allying with the Argon but lo and behold they're declaring war on everyone.

brekehan
x4

Post by brekehan » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 00:02

I really wish some people would pick up work on this mod. It is exactly what my fantasy X3 game would be. Strategy instead of sandbox. Although, it would be one that took some months to complete.

I hear it is unstable and has bugs :(
I also fear there is no way to get key stations that provide unique goods (like transporter devices) back.

My SRS for my hobby project included a means for a race to build new stations, as long as they pay for it, as long as they had 1 ship yard left.

Also, the player should have the means to build up a tree of stations from the bottom. Like a station manufacturing station that took oodles of traded goods (especially those that dont get traded much like chips).

Oh if only a few talented modders would pick this up again. I tried. I lack the scripting skills and found my time vested better in a C++ project from scratch along the same lines.
To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

Naxon

Post by Naxon » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 23:06

uh, i kinda have a problem.

i was playing as the soldier-character and in the mission where you get 3 small ships and are supposed to patrol a few sectors the terran launched a massive invasion on the argon territories. i was like WTF?!1?1 because they even destroyed the argon shipyard.

but then when i finished that mission i was supposed to talk to some guy in an argon sector but during the time i was completing my mission the terran had captured that sector and destroyed the station that the guy was in.
so in the mission briefing it just says "Talk to "invalid""
so how do i fix this?

anyway i think that the argon and terran should only fight in the rarest of circumstances. and please, make invasions something that happens every now and then, not literaly once a minute!
well, that's my 2 cents... cheers!

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 00:15

Naxon wrote:uh, i kinda have a problem.

iso in the mission briefing it just says "Talk to "invalid""
so how do i fix this?
He probably became an invalid in the invasion, fighting for his sector.... :D

I'm sorry I haven't got a solution for you better than picking up an old save if you got one. It might be possible to reset the mission with some editing in the mission file but I am not capable of neither instruction how or do it myself - sorry.

Kimmy
x2

Missing gate?

Post by Kimmy » Thu, 7. May 09, 19:41

Missing gate?

I’m not sure what’s happened, but the East gate out of Scale Plate Green to Nyana’s Hideout has gone missing. I’ve downloaded and installed the ‘Conflicts’ Mod (that may have had something to do with it). I’ve started to get lots of lock-ups and crashes. I removed the mod and now this gate is missing.

Can any one tell me if the gate with respawn?
Is there a script to create a gate?

Please let me know, I’m stuck.

{If you think it is the Conflicts script ... [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] ... merged. jlehtone}

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”