[AL PLUGIN]Conflicts Official Release Thread - v0.85 released -> Collaboration works!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 14:01

Feedback from german Forum
:arrow: Terrans and ATF mutch to stong
:arrow: Xenon too weak (getting a.. kickt by the Boron)
:arrow: In the Xenon Hub sector there are strange effekts if the sector changes race, so it would be better if no ace atack this special sektor

dmbassa
x3

Post by dmbassa » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 10:20

Hello.

I am having a lot of frequent crashes with this mod, and would like to un-install it to avoid these lockups.

Can I just un-install it in the X Plugin Manager, and the lockups are fixed? Or do I need a clean re-install of the game?

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 16:07

Just uninstall in the mod package and from your scripts directory and you will be fine.

Eventually, the GOD engine will clean up the conflicts ships. (eventually ^_^)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 07:43

Hey Mavor, having a small problem. I took over a sector after destroying the station there and after a minute or so, it then got taken over by the Boron. I had like 80 ships in the sector and the boron had 5, why did they take over my sector? I also didn't get any kind of equipment dock or anything.

joshuall

Post by joshuall » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 12:26

i tried to load conflicts and it said (unable to open package file).
eny ideas?

im such a noob

Tanelor
x3ap

Post by Tanelor » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 21:57

This seems like a great idea for a mod. It makes the universe more alive, and a lot less static.

I liked seeing races fight over sectors, and take them back from each other.

Unfortunately, just about all of the pirate sectors were taken over by various races within an hour or so. Also the ATF is at war with the Terrans, which doesn't make much sense. This is on version .85.

I won't be using the mod for now, but I'll check in for future updates.

joshuall

Post by joshuall » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 11:16

can someone make a mod to change the color of the sectors on in-game map so its easier to keep up with what factions are takin what systems,and add it to this mod .please? :D

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 07:23

errm yeh do races rebuild lost shipyards/stations? cause the argon lost thier main shipyard in omicron lyrae when the terran just decided they wanted that sector... they would own it to if not for my intervention lol but now theres no shipyard to support all my stations around that sector:( will it rebuild?
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 20:17

Odd thing i noticed.

I allied myself with the Terrans and they requested my help in Heretic's End. I had no ships able to come assist them but 2 minutes later i recieved 2.3 million credits for my 'assistance'...even though my only ship was in the Moon sector.

mesasone

Post by mesasone » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 15:30

Mavor, I am looking forward to giving this ship a shot. Hopefully I can be one of those people who manage to run it with no problems :D

In any case, when you get the opportunity, would it be possible to get a short users guide that explains some of the settings? Just explain what force multiplier, ship limit, aggressiveness, etc do and perhaps give some sample values for certain behaviors (f.ex -40 for diplomatic aggressiveness for steady relations as you suggested earlier in the thread).

I've just installed it, and one "issue" I'm having is that when I go into these settings and then press escape because I don't know what I'm doing, it sets the value to null. I gave no idea what it's supposed to be, but I'm hoping this won't cause issues. It would be nice to know the default values.

EDIT: Well, that didn't take too long. Encountered my first lock up, probably less than 20 minutes on a fresh game.
EDIT2: Going to have to un-install this already, just encountered a second lock up when I was picking up a crate of Wildfire missiles. Doubt that will help you any. Look forward to an eventual resolution to these random lock ups!

flosculus

Post by flosculus » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 05:23

i dont surpose you could do something to make the game more rts? would be easier to control if the game was a litle more "click n click", use the sector map brought up by a command and use that to assign commands to multiple units quickly.

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 23:14

This is an awesome mod but also annoying sometimes.

I build a massive complex in a sector, and the people trading with it take control of the sector and complex?

The random lockups are annoying. I think they may be related to having too many ships in a sector and the engine cant handle it. This makes some sectors impossible to enter.

The mod is realistic mostly though, and adds another dimension of realism to the game. But i aggree, why are the terrans fighting the ATF?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 04:24

Mavor any updates on this yet? I haven't seen you posting in some time.

mesasone

Post by mesasone » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 01:33

Alright, well I renamed my TC folder and had steam download a fresh install. I then installed Ulfuis's Combat Mod 3 and Improved Ships plugin, and halo's Medium Quality 'Roids, and then of course Conflicts .85. I was able to get about two hours of game time (using SETA) with out a crash, so it looks like the crashing I was having was due to another script.

aleks2098

X3:TC - what about economy (using Conflicts and Patrols)

Post by aleks2098 » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 16:04

I'm just curious - almost all races are in war (except Terrans and Argons - I locked alliance between them). So races don't have access to specific factories from other races (for example - only races that can build 1 GJ factories are Borons and Splits), Majaglit is available only in Paranid sectors... etc

If I'm building a lot of weapon factories in Argon sectrors - does it have any impact on Argon power??

These weapons are used by Argons or all these weapons that are bought by NPCs are just disappearing somewhere in the space?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: X3:TC - what about economy (using Conflicts and Patrols)

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 16:51

aleks2098 wrote:These weapons are used by Argons or all these weapons that are bought by NPCs are just disappearing somewhere in the space?
They just vanish.

NPC spacecraft are equipped by Santa and his band of happy elves :wink:. They don't use supplies at equipment docks, as far as I know.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:25

aleks2098 wrote:(except Terrans and Argons - I locked alliance between them)
But in the plot their on the verge of war???
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:53

Which of these scripts may be causing so many lock ups with conflicts?

advanced hyperdrive
cmod 3
improved boarding
comms ambient
crystal free SPP
turbo booster
reduced AI missiles
Marine boarding manager
station repacker

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 18:09

aleks2098 wrote:I'm just curious - almost all races are in war (except Terrans and Argons - I locked alliance between them). So races don't have access to specific factories from other races (for example - only races that can build 1 GJ factories are Borons and Splits), Majaglit is available only in Paranid sectors... etc

If I'm building a lot of weapon factories in Argon sectrors - does it have any impact on Argon power??

These weapons are used by Argons or all these weapons that are bought by NPCs are just disappearing somewhere in the space?
Why opening up a new topic? Isn't this a question specifically related to the Conflicts-Script and should thus be asked in its thread? :)
After all you're asking whether this has an impact on the happenings induced through that script.

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 18:55

Id like to know what exactly enables the race to claim a system... Id Like to see a "System Control Bunker" in every system that you either board with marines and take over or destroy and build your own. I think that would add an element of realism so that you see what acutally claims a system
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod
X2 The Threat - X3 R - X Terran Conflict

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”