[AL PLUGIN]Conflicts Official Release Thread - v0.85 released -> Collaboration works!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 19:49

I've submitted this mod for possible inclusion in the bonus pack later in the year, obviously Egosoft would have to debug it but if anyone could do it then it has to be the Egosoft development team themselves right? :)

Just so I don't get everyone's hopes up I have to say that members of the moderating team have already made it clear that this is highly unlikely to happen but hey you never know and if Egosoft don't pick this script up and fix it that could well mean that's because the next game they are working on is a trading/strategy spacesim war game and they don't want to spoil it for us :D
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

jjz-
x3tc

Post by jjz- » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 21:56

im just hoping some experienced modder realizes the potential of this mod and picks it up.

StealthElement
x3tc

Post by StealthElement » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 06:17

The first serious problem with this script is that the replacement EQ docks (and possibly shipyards/trading stations/other stations) have an incorrect item selection and all 0 stock, which appears not to refill over time either.

By replacement stations I mean those built by invaders after taking a sector. This would permanently destroy unique stations where you get salv insurance, JD, Transporter, etc. It also permanently breaks SY and EQ docks. Even if the original race recaptures the sector and builds its own EQ dock, the item list is still fubar with a limited and incorrect item selection and 0 stocks.

Big. Problem. And it's such a shame that I can't use this, because an experienced scriptor could make this a script that many people like me couldn't live without :(

The second problem was that despite 80% of the presence in the sector being argon, and 19% of it being terran, there was one lowly teladi falcon trader in the system. The only teladi in system, an M3 trader. And when the terrans blew the EQ dock, guess who took the sector. The Teladi! And lo and behold, a Teladi EQ dock, with a wierd and wrong selection of items and 0 stocks appeared.

For reference I have noted the same complaints from other users in the RRF thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 82#2955182
All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again

sferum

Post by sferum » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:46

jjz- wrote:I can already see that I will lose interest in the game if there is no actual reason for my being in the universe.
that's exactly the point....
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2213 ... 715ux8.gif

***MODIFIED***
Español - English - Deutsch

yospanky
x3ap

Post by yospanky » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 19:48

I think 7ate9tin11's Improved Races script is going to implement some concepts from Mavor (hopefully) in order to successfully bring out the awesome firepower that is the x3tc universe. But the real major issue with scripts such as these is the cpu load that (especially this script) crashes computers like mine :oops: . I (ask santa and..) hope that Egosoft includes a sector takeover concept/option somewhere down the line of the x-universe. :P
Lakers 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 19:22

Hi, is there any possibility of this script for X3:R? Race conflicts is something I was looking for X3 for a long time but can't find anything suitable :( Would it be much to convert this to work for reunion?

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sun, 6. Sep 09, 22:07

Does this mod delete stations? I restarted and I'm at the bit where I have to talk to Ishiyama after you get the free ship. The station keeps getting deleted, taking him with it and breaking the mission.

Johanus

Post by Johanus » Wed, 21. Oct 09, 06:42

This mod is really great. Straight forward & effective.
I have a couple suggestions that I'd like to toss up if you don't mind?

- Is there some way to cut down on all those status messages? It's good information but annoying listening to the announcement over and over again.

- Can you mod it so that this is disabled by default, so that we can enable it without waiting to install it?

That's all. My 2 cents. :D
Great mod. Makes the universe very very dangerous. :twisted:

Anachronous

Post by Anachronous » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 02:49

Yeah the conflicts mod will causes issues with mission essential stations. You will be unable to complete certain campaign missions due to stations being destroyed. Other than that, its a very good mod, if only it could check for mission essential stations and temporarily put them in god mode or something until no longer needed for missions.

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 21:51

sry, but does this work with: Race Response Fleets (RRF) :?
Sry for my bad english ^^"

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 01:27

Well... it would help if there was anything under incompatible scripts and if there was anything under discouraged scripts on the front page... lolz seems rather incomplete with nothing there... therefore we have no idea which mods and scripts will work soundly with this one and which ones will kill your game

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 01:29

well... that sucks...

would like to try this, but not with loosing the other parts of the game XD
Sry for my bad english ^^"

LORD_KeR

Post by LORD_KeR » Sat, 12. Dec 09, 21:15

Does anyone know,will this mod affect the storylines?I man,couldn`t they "accidently" destroy the station/ship which is used in storyline and ruin it?And If it is like that,is there a chance to avoid it?

darkwolf0101
x3tc

Post by darkwolf0101 » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 22:43

Can you re-upload this mod to another file serving site i cant download this mod correctly.

Shining_Hand
x3

Post by Shining_Hand » Mon, 31. May 10, 03:35

Hey guys,

I understand it is possible for this mod to screw up missions. Could it messup the plot missions as well?

My X3tc game has been fairly stable till the installation of this mod, now when I try to enter Belt of Aguilar while following the main quest, I crash.

I've turned off the script, and all other modifications, and it still crashes. So its probably not it. Though something could of been destroyed or relations messed with during the use of the mod. The sector has changed hands about 5 times.

Thought I would just cover all my bases. I'm going mad trying to fix this issue.

Cheers.

DMZ
x3tc

Post by DMZ » Sat, 30. Apr 11, 04:02

Well im new to this game and i need some more in depth help on how to install Conflicts AL Plugin, I can not seem to get it to work.

primvirlaux

Post by primvirlaux » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 14:25

Hey.

I'm aware this mod has been abandoned by the mod creator (and is open to debugging/modification), but perhaps some others are still using this mod and can answer my question:

How does this mod interact with X3 Unleased (a mod that reduced total number of ships in the universe to improve CPU loadout)? (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=260355) Did anyone run both mods in parallel? They might conflict, since Conflict increases ships and Unleashed reduces them. I just don't know the details.

Okay, that's my question. Now something else: who else is still reading this forum/playing TC/interested in this particular mod? I'm asking because, while I have never been part of a modding community, and I have *zero* clue about what the required skill set is to debug and modify this game, I am a semi-experienced programmer and I'm just going to assume I could learn what is needed relatively easy.

I wouldn't be able to start right now (I'm supposed to write a thesis -- *cough*), but before putting in a lot of effort, I'd first like to know if there is still demand. Also, if someone could point out where to start reading about modding TC in general, and what needs to be learned to work on this mod, I would be grateful. I should probably also try to contact the mod creator, he might at least be able to tell me how to take over where the stopped...

EDIT: Nevermind. Guess I should have read the frontpage first... it seems that
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254599
is doing more or less what this mod intended to do, and probably does so less buggy.

mim525
x3tc

Post by mim525 » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 21:18

This mod looks good does it have AP compatibility?

meppo
x4

Post by meppo » Fri, 21. Oct 16, 23:11

hey does anyone have a link to this mod anywhere? the mod is gone.
also does it run in AP?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 10:47

Available on xdownloads:
[ external image ]
meppo wrote:also does it run in AP?
Since this is a script, it will be loaded in X3AP. Whether it will work correctly is a different question though. The war in X3AP is an obvious source of possible errors in conjunction with this script. Never having used this script though, the best advice I can give is to back up your "scripts" and "t" folder as well as your savegames and to try it out.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”