[MOD] Complex Cleaner v4.09 / Modular Complexes (TC 3.2 / AP 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 19:24

Well if i new how to do it myself i would try but yeah sounds right.

If it require a new start i'll try in my next game if not i'll try to make it work with the actual game. But yeah the lack of those buyable factory in terran space are some issues.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 19:41

Adding a factory is easy. In X3Editor2, copy a factory, then paste to end. Change the race to "Terran". Start with the TFactories in Complex Cleaner Re-Packed for Plugin Manager, which includes the CC modules and is based on AP3.

Adding the factory to WareTemplate is about the same. Copy the same factory, paste, change the ID to match your new factory in TFactories, then change the resources to Terran wares.

If you want the new factory to be sold at shipyards, then find the appropriate shipyard and add the new factory ID.

But, wait... hmmm... that may only work for a *new* shipyard. Shipyards that are already on the map (Mars, Saturn, Moon) may have their own resource lists. So fixing that may require a change to x3_universe, as well.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 19:52

You can add a station to a shipyard with the cheat collection package if i remember well, but don't know if it work well. I tryed to add the construction kit to Yaki's shipyard and weren't able to buy it after that.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 19:59

Yes, that should work.

So you only need to focus on the first two steps.

Stannum
x4

Post by Stannum » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 17:37

Hi.
Two or three days ago I've installed Complex Cleaner and I have a little problem:
The download contains the improved mod version by ThalonMook. He added the missing nav meshes to the module container objects. As a result, auto pilots can now properly detect and avoid those objects.
- it doesn't work. Autopilot (when i'm in sector) tries to fly through the Module - and blows out :)
What can I do to fix it?

English is not my native language, so i'm sorry for some mistakes.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 19:03

What are you quoting from, Stannum?

I put the Module Container very far from traffic lanes, as recommended in the first post.

To make sector layout easier, I extend the distance for complex hubs to 200k. That allows me to place the Module Container far from traffic, but allow docking at the hub wherever is convenient.

Better Globals (DrBullwinkle)

Stannum
x4

Post by Stannum » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 19:23

It is a quote from the first message of this topic http://clip2net.com/s/jmjpAc

Screenshot of module Container http://clip2net.com/s/jmjyxq

Screenshot of situation: http://clip2net.com/s/jmjAmy Cursor points at my Boron TP Angel. I command to Angel "Dock at complex hub" and it tries to fly in a straight line...and Bada-Boom :)

It's not a big problem. I can solve it, placing Module Complex and complex hub at far distance from jump gates, but first message says "...auto pilots can now properly detect and avoid those objects"

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 19:27

I see; first post.

I don't know why your TP does not try to avoid the module container, but an easy cure is placing it away from traffic as described above.

Stannum
x4

Post by Stannum » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 19:52

DrBullwinkle wrote:easy cure is placing it away from traffic as described above.
OK, thank you

link87

Post by link87 » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 06:34

I found a bug at least in my installation on X3:AP 3.1 using Complex Cleaner v4.09. There doesn't appear to be a Xenon Factory Module 1 S. Also the ordering was wrong, offset by one. It was throwing off the crush calculations at the very least. I wrote a small script to fix the list to use Xenon Placeholder instead (seems to work) and correct the ordering. It's a very simple script that must be run manually and does no error checking or anything else. Hopefully someone will take a look at fixing the plugin, or maybe I will if I ever get bored.

Script is available at: https://github.com/mujido/x3ap/blob/mas ... pClean.xml

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 02:14

Argh, I just can't get this to work consistently. If I install it with X Plugin manager, it doesn't initialize properly, even in a new game. If I install it manually, after installing other mods with XPM, it doesn't initialize. The only time I have managed to have it work at all is by first installing it with XPM, then manually reordering the .cat and .dat files to put it last, but it only worked once and I can't get it to work again since I messed up my CAG/CLS by installing an older library to support Dockware Manager before I realised it was an older version of the same library that those two require. *sigh*

Clean install, installed most mods with XPM, added a few (because XPM doesn't seem to want to install multiple mods with .cat and .dat files at the same time) manually including Complex Cleaner (last), and still not initializing properly.

Any advice?

[ external image ]

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be working (after a couple reloads) despite the error message.

Edit 2: Nope, not working after all. Will keep fiddling with it, but I could use some help. All I get is an ugly static/buzzing noise, and no crunch.
bibo ergo sum

link87

Post by link87 » Sat, 11. Apr 15, 19:54

Are you using the lite version of X Plugin Manager? I've not had any problems with multiple cat/dat files using that http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 01:36

It's actually the same program, the lite version just doesn't show some features. The advanced version is run by passing the program the parameter "--advanced" in the shortcut.

Edit: Oh, and I fixed the problem, it's a pretty convoluted process but mainly depends on opening XPM and going to the Advanced->Fake Patch Control window and moving the Unsorted Packages up to the Ordered Packages area, with CC placed last.
bibo ergo sum

link87

Post by link87 » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 05:06

Well glad to hear you figured it out. Also good to know about the --advanced thing. I was searching around for a long time trying to find the "fulll" version of the XPM a while back. Also good to see I'm not the only one still playing this game :)

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 14:17

As much as I enjoy using this mod it also, sometimes, leaves me extremely frustrated. Fortunately I don't seem to have the install problems that some of you have experienced (it activates without fail on the 2nd load of a game) but the calculations for the mine output leaves allot to be desired. I have seen up to a 25-30% loss in output for some complexes, this is not so much a problem for Ore but Silicon output on a closed loop complex can be critical.

For tight consumption of Silicon i have given up and just tow them into position after the crunch and then add them, just a word of warning for folks. I do dream that at some point this mod will be revisited and the calculations for Mine output get a going over - ah well :)

It's still an excellent mod and one I use in every game I play, even with it's little drawbacks.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 14:39

What I do is drag a few asteroids in from other sectors (Asteroid Relocator), combine them into a single one of each type (Asteroid Fusion) (don't go over 300 or you really start losing yield big time), and then install a single silicon mine and one ore mine.

Whether you include them in the crunch or not is a matter of aesthetics, I don't mind the big asteroid blob sticking out of the Complex Cleaner cube, it's as if the complex was built around and incorporating part of the asteroid, very "high sci-fi" in my book.

You can't really fix the calculations because the game code itself for asteroids is a bit wonky, you'd have to change it in the source code and recompile the X3AP.EXE or X3TX.EXE file. At least that's what I understand from my reading. Just make sure the yield is bigger than you really need and sell off the excess.
bibo ergo sum

link87

Post by link87 » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 16:20

It's not really possible to fix the mine problem. It's not actually a bug but rather an artifact of how mines work compared to other factory type. The first page actually links to http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 02#2470402 to explain this.

I worked out some calculations to figure out what the necessary asteroid yield was pre-crunch to get the effective amount post-crunch. Then I decided it wasn't worth it and just leave the mines uncrunched. I recommend using the asteroid fusion mod as well either way because it will either allow you to more easily create the excess yields or reduce the number of mines you need in the end. Do note that asteroid fusion suffers a similar problem. Although accurate amounts for the yield will be produced, you do effectively lose some possible production that two or more mines would produce on the separate asteroids.

I forgot to mention there actually is a bug with other factory types. See my first post on here for details. That is only a problem in X3:AP I think, and should only result in additional resources being used/created, not less.

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 16:45

Thanks for the head's up with regard's to the calculations folk's, I had actually read the linked post (read skimmed) so it didn't really sink in, my bad. I do also use the Asteroid Fusion Mod and again it's one that goes into every game though not the Relocator as I don't mind doing the little tow jobs, adds something for me to get it inch perfect :D

A quick question though, will the ignore function still work on the mines that are attached to a crunched complex when I at a later stage wish to crunch more stations into the already existing Modules?

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 17:19

The thing about Asteroid Relocator is that you can move them to another system. Otherwise you only need Asteroid Fusion and Complex Cleaner. I personally move the two largest Silicon asteroids from Herron's Nebula to Antigone Memorial to give me a final single Ore asteriod of yield 232 and Silicon asteroid of yield 272 once I run Asteroid Fusion. Then I use Grax Remove Rocks to vanish the leftover pebbles.

The ignore function should work fine, but I try to plan my complexes such that I never need to alter them once completed. For example my Antigone Memorial complex has 60+ stations/factories/mines merged into a box so large I has to put it way out beyond the range of a triplex scanner. Anything more that I need can be built in a different sector, probably far enough away as to not interfere with the CLS/CAG traders attached to the first complex.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 10:12

I'm hoping this is not a problem with Complex Cleaner, I can't see how it would be since nobody else seems to be having this problem. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=379633
bibo ergo sum

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”