[SCR] Turret On/Off Hotkey

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 02:23

I seem to be having a problem with this script. When I press the hotkey, the turret commands are properly set to "Standby". However, when I press it again, they switch to "Default Action" instead of the turret command I had been using, and the turrets remain disabled. Reselecting the normal turret commands regains normal function until I press the hotkey again.

I do use this in conjunction with Gazz' Turret Missile Defense Mk2 as well. I almost always use the "Turret Missile Defence" command.

Is this the intended behavior or have I done something wrong? Thank you.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 23:58

The script tries to detect the command that ran before but it cannot do so with certainty and with all turret scripts so if in doubt, it will display "default".

The correct text should be back the next time the ship crosses the IS / OOS border.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 09:57

Ah okay, thank you.

When this occurs, do you know if it is still actually using the correct command script (the one set previous to being toggled off) with the erroneous text or is it actually using some other default command script.

(I think it's worth reiterating that I use no other turret scripts other than yours, although I do run other scripts unrelated to the turrets.)

Thanks again.

robalexhall
x3tc

Post by robalexhall » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 10:29

I think it must be, given that the correct text is back the next time you change sectors.

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:18

robalexhall wrote:I think it must be, given that the correct text is back the next time you change sectors.
Good thought. Thanks.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 03:21

I had an idea about a turret tracking function.
Basically it would allow you to take control of your ship's front turrets while still on bridge. The turrets would follow your mouse cursor and fire where you tell them too. It would give you the sense of being in a fighter with front mounted weapons while being on an M2. You would still have control over the steering and speed of your ship, but you also now have a set of 12 PPC's under your direct control.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 08:42

So you want to use the Attack My Target vanilla turret script?
By all means do so! =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 21:44

Gazz wrote:So you want to use the Attack My Target vanilla turret script?
By all means do so! =P
Not 'Attack My Target' per se, but rather direct control. Like if you were in the turret yourself only your on the bridge.

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 00:03

At that point you want to mod the front turrets to be front guns instead (which are basically turrets anyway but handled slightly differently).

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 01:11

Wondering if this script is compatible with the new xtended 1.1 version?

wga

Post by wga » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 05:18

How about add more hotkey for the turret more than just hold/unhold ?

In battle, control turret to attack my target, attack all, missile defense is a little more than just hold fire.

Especially when want to boarding ship, my fleet always like to kill target before I set their turret to Attack fighter.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 11:42

Hi there,

I've an issue with this script, the version installed with the bonus package.
When I press the hotkey in fight the game just crash.

Any idea ?

EDIT : it seems that the game crash when turrets are off and try to fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”