[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Taylor2008
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 23:07

I really don`t understand why you transfer wares via SCS?! :?

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 23:59

Dude, please... read the readme which SCS provides (scs_readme.pdf).
EQUIP FROM INVENTORY wrote: This command will equip a ship from parts stored in the ship’scargo bay and inventory. The target ship will have all available software installed along with the maximum number of Cargo Bay Extensions, Rudder Optimisations and EngineTunings. The best shields available will be installed (if necessary, replacing lower strength shields), however, weapons and missiles will not be added, due to the variety of combinations available (and variety of user preferences!). This command will only be displayed on a ship that has an inventory.
VIEW INVENTORY wrote: This command will display all items in the ship’s cargo bay and inventory.This command will only be displayed on a ship that has an inventory.
TRANSFER INVENTORY wrote: Transfers the inventory from one shipto another. Both ships must be within 5km of each other.This command will only be displayed on a ship that has an inventory.
SCS has an internal Inventory which is per ship. If you have overtunes and you happen to enter the "Equip from Inventory" menu entry and try to exit via the "close" button in the submenu without disabling the rudder / engine specific options, or if you use certain functions which strip another ship, the "wares" will not be stored as freight like in the vanilla game but instead can go into the curren ships SCS specific inventory.

My ships overtunes went into my inventory because I accidentally went into "Equip from inventory" -> "close" which SCS interpreted as "Apply all equip options" which promply stripped my overtunes (to bring speed / steering to "max", and max was defined as the ships max, not "put in as much as possible", which means rudder and engine tuning will be removed - as weird as that sounds it's how it's programmed aparrently...).

Since you cannot drop stuff from SCS inventory you are forced to use workarounds like I described...
The Engine of Darkness is the Black Hole

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 00:58

I know that.But I also know that these commands don`t work well, so I use thus once and never again.
Just use other scripts , like Lucikes https://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?o ... &Itemid=97
or a similar script .
What do you have from being annoy of lacking some functions , insted use other possibiltys.
Annyway , i don`t want to offend you, just show other ways...

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 20:15

I do and did not want to use these commands on purpose.

I made it clear that i accidentally went into the "Equip from Inventory" submenu - and when using the "Close" entry of that Submenu without touching anything else, SCS stripped my current ship of its engine/rudder overtunes.

Example: Before I went in there my ship flew 300 m/s because of overtunes i collected, after SCS stripped the tunes it's back to the default max of 170 m/s.

Save Game was too long ago, and I refuse the notion of "shit happens, time to move on".

So I tried to come up with workarounds (which I posted last page) to get my tunings back and document it for others who might happen to have the same issue with these commands.
The Engine of Darkness is the Black Hole

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 23:13

Heya,

is this still being updated? I'd love to use this with LU, but due to the nature of LU liking to break when you install and uninstall other mods, I'd like to wait for the rewrite ... v5, was it? Or has the development officially been halted?

Cheers,
Otto

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 23. May 20, 01:37

Hi all,

After a long absence, (too much sh*t IRL and the forum kept stopping telling me if there were posts to my thread) I've finally got some time due to the COVID situation to get to work on the SCS scripts!

I've been working for several weeks and Version 5 of the scripts now fully supports Litcube's Universe. I have had to make several changes from the 'normal' version to get around some issues (Litcube removed the Repair Laser from ALL ships for example and Camera Drone Ships), but it's pretty much the same as previous versions.

I've included around a dozen new commands and fixed all the bugs I've found, most of the scripts have been rewritten to be more 'generic', so they will work with any mods easily once that mod had been programmed in to the 'multiverse' settings script.

I've still got a few more things to fix, tweak and play with, but it's nearly finished. This new version will (currently) be in ENGLISH only, as I've lost track of my translators and don't trust Google Translate!

If there is anybody still using this mod, let me know any bugs, problems and/or features you would like added (if they're not already) and I'll see what I can do!

Any script developers, please let me know if you''ve modified the !fight.attack.object or !fight.attack.object.std script and I will see if I can make our scripts compatible.

Any writers of large MODS (such as LU, XTC, XRM) that change significant aspects of the game, map or ships/wares, if you PM me a link to the latest copy of your MOD I will check compatability and add support (if I can) for all your latest versions.

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 21:44

TECSG wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 01:37
If there is anybody still using this mod, let me know any bugs, problems and/or features you would like added (if they're not already) and I'll see what I can do!
A few things i wish that were different.

whould it be possible to have a "lite" version of the mod?
One that only has the less cheaty stuff most people i assume want to install this for like search and claim salvage + stealth satelites + find best sectors for asteroid mining etc.

Then, there seems to be a hidden 5x multiplyer for strip and sell which means that i cant really use it (like there's a set 5x multi for astronauts set by default). i recently came back to x3 and wanted to sell a ship via strip and sell, but the price seemed quite off. it was a T6 and it sold for roughly 5mil~, but when i sold it at the wharft, it was a bit over 1 million.
This seems to also be the case for all other ships i tried.

Lastly, some unintended exploitable behaviour with strip and sell / donate that allows for "infinite" engine tuning / rudder enhancement.
-> Whenever you have any amount of those 2 installed, they also get dropped (like other upgrades and cargo size) however those 2 can be equipted despite being at maximum uprgades already, essentially allowing you to easily make your ships as fast as you want by buying some cheapo ships, giving them 10 engine runings and then strip and selling them to drop the tunings. then pick them up and rinse repeat untill your trade ship has 2000+m/s :sceptic:
TECSG wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 01:37
Any writers of large MODS (such as LU, XTC, XRM) that change significant aspects of the game, map or ships/wares, if you PM me a link to the latest copy of your MOD I will check compatability and add support (if I can) for all your latest versions.
i'm playing with 2.2a XTC (x3 XTended) and besides what i listed, which seem to be problems with the SCS i think, the mod works great and is listed as compatible in the XTC compatibility thread. i suppose the only problem is that it can spawn crates in sectors that arent available yet, but thats not really a huge deal tbh and probably more trouble to get working then its worth.

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 18:53

That's great news !

Thank you TESCG for your hard work on this :) Can't wait to use your script on LU !

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 04:38

Hi iHaku,

Originally, this was a 'lite' script, simply just told you where the 12 in-game abandoned ships were, since then, people have asked for (and I have also added) more features until it's the 60+ command beast it is now!

I've tried to put all the 'cheaty' routines in a seperate cheat menu, but different people have different views on what constitutes a cheat!

I would like the cheat menu to be hidable, but unfortunately there is no way to preserve that setting outside of each game.

Strip and Sell takes the average ware for the ship if I recall, I know it does ignore the hull damage (did keep meaning to fix that) though. I will have a look at the prices to see if there are any improvements I can make though.

There should be a cap in place that means any Rudder/Engine upgrades over the standard are stored in inventory rather than installed on to the ship, so I will have a look at that. Can't rememeber the last time I used the Strip/Sell command myself as I play from a saved game where I got a free MRS right at the start!

I am currently focusing on compatability with LU 1.7.2, but am writing so the new version would be compatible with all mods (as much as possible) and I will try it with XTC 2.2a as well (also XRM 1.30d)

@Xenogray,

Thanks!

The scripts are working well on LU, I have had to make a number of changes but everything appears to be good so far!

The forum is still not letting me know when I get replies to this thread (despite the option being ticked), but I will check-in when I can!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 18:17

TECSG wrote:
Wed, 10. Jun 20, 04:38
The forum is still not letting me know when I get replies to this thread (despite the option being ticked), but I will check-in when I can!
Have you checked the notifications options in your user profile already?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 02:50

Hi,

All Notifications were checked (as was 'Notify me when a reply is posted'), but the email box for them all was not, I've ticked them all too and will see if that makes any difference.

It's weird though, I used to get notifications ages ago and haven't changed my settings!

Thanks for the assistance though, whether it works or not! :)

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 12:48

Hi.

Will look forward for a XTended Version. Want to play this game after some years again. Dont have X4 yet. Now i made a new version of the fog ex mod for xtended for myself. Will upload it too as i dont see any new version since i released mine for vanilla many years ago. ;)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 12:59

Having some issues with the latest version of Litcube's Universe ATM, working fine with the version I was using (1.3.4), but after doing a clean install of AP and updatign to LU1.7.2, my ware is missing and the camera drone wares are showing as 'Unused'... Looks like many of the wares LU does not use have been 'nuked'...

FrackaMir

Post by FrackaMir » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 04:41

So does that mean that the incompatibilies and such and the {}Unused{} stuff is actually nuked and removed wares and content that no longer exists in litcubes and effects it when the mods own contents is loaded in but dont exist due to relying on them?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 09:40

Hi FrackaMir,

Not entirely sure what it means, from the looks of it my wares are being ignored or overwritten by the LU core files so they are not available 'in-game' as are the camera drone and some other unused wares.

I did reach out to Litcube but have not received a response as of yet. I'm not sure if there is a load-order in X3/AP, but I guess the game must load mods in some sort of order and maybe my scripts are loaded before LU's and thereby overwritten...

I had modified my scripts to use the Keris Drones instead of the Camera Drone as that is still available in LU, but if my Salvage Command Software is missing too, I can't really get around that...

vanguardian1
x4

Post by vanguardian1 » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 00:42

Any chance the new Litcube compatible version will work with the Star Wars Litcube mod? :)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:10

Hi vanguardian1,

Not at the minute unfortunately, I contacted litcube about his mod but he has not responded.

Should I hear back, I will update this thread though. :)

vanguardian1
x4

Post by vanguardian1 » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 09:02

TECSG wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 01:10
Hi vanguardian1,

Not at the minute unfortunately, I contacted litcube about his mod but he has not responded.

Should I hear back, I will update this thread though. :)
I noticed you mentioned a problem with the wares distribution, and I know the Turbo mod is part of the Star Wars Litcube mod by XenonArchitect7, maybe he would know about this issue? FYI, I tracked down this mod (Version 4.11 beta?) to my SWLU large ship battle lock-ups, but I'm hoping to use it again, if even the basic scanner version is still so much better than the satellite monitoring mod. :o

Also, how about making each part of the mod togglable, with a default off state for maximum compatibility with other mods? Just an idea (that may or may not help, but I'm trying!). :gruebel:

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 10:24

Hi vanguardian1,

The two main problems were that after I installed the latest LU version (1.7.2 I think) my SCS ware would not show up, it looked like the LU mod had 'nuked' all the wares it was not using. My ware was just showing up as 'Unused' in the wares list.

Also, my mod used some of the internal X-ships that the LU mod replaced and there were no alternative new ships that could (for example) carry a Repair Laser as used by the NPC Salvage Repair ships and Debris Salvagers.

I've not seen the Star Wars mod yet, unfortunately too much IRL at the minute!

It is a good idea to make some of the parts 'toggleable', but given there are around 80 commands in the version I have (5.01), it would require far too much work to go through all the commands/routines to implement that.

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Wed, 19. May 21, 15:42

Hello and thankyou for that script i loved it and used it on AP!
But now i ask that can you make it work on FL ... Please!
I mean SPK for new version of Plugin Mananger.
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”