[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mocker67
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

Post by Mocker67 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 04:46

Heya, thanks for the effort behind this awesome looking script. Unfortunately I'm unable to find the "Salvage Command Software" anywhere in game at the moment. I haven't gotten really deep into x3ap modding in a loong time, I'm getting some pretty gnarly flashbacks from keeping track of CATs and DATs.

I'm running XRM at the moment and the Salvage script seems to be working properly, I can configure the options in Plugin Configurations Menu in any case, just can't seem to find the actual software. Cheers for any help in advance!

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 05:10

It shoud be available at every EQ.
Do you have the cheat package installed ?
If yes, try to install it via "Install Equipment"...

Mocker67
x3tc

Post by Mocker67 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 14:15

I don't have the cheat engine installed, no, though I'll be sure to give that a try once I'm home from work, cheers! I have checked Equipment Dock's though, yes, none of them seem to have it.

CFSapper
x3ap

Post by CFSapper » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 14:46

Hey there, having the same issue as the previous commentor, module won't appear in any station. I do have LC mod installed but that is the only other one.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:28

Hi Mocker67/CFSapper

Apologies for the delay in response, the X3 forums stopped notifying me of posts to my thread again!

When the SCS scripts are first initiated, your current ship should automatically receive a copy of the SCS Command Software, let me know if that isn't happening. SCS is stand-alone and does not require the Cheat Engine.

Do you have the SCS menu showing under the 'Sepcial' command group?

It should be the bottom option (usually) -> Access the Salvage Command Menu.

If you don't have that option, you can reset the SCS scripts manually by running the setup.scs script from the in-game Script Editor.

If you do have that option, go in to the menu, scroll down to the bottom and select Troubleshooting and Cheats option. From there you can try the Hard Reboot SCS scripts option.

If there is still no SCS software available in the Equipment Docks, try the Uninstall Salvage Command Suite option from the main SCS menu (right near the botton) and once that has completed, run the setup.scs script from the script editor agan. That should completely restart the SCS scripts.

Let me know how you get on!

Evaign

Post by Evaign » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 07:27

Hey all!

I got the software, but only about half the commands show up
I dont have the create station, or any of the commands lower on the list. Also how do I set up a working salvage network? I'm kind of lost

TheGhost
x4

Post by TheGhost » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 09:23

Hello, can anyone share a bit more hints on solving the encrypted codes for the stolen prototype ship ? :)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:47

Evaign wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 07:27
Hey all!

I got the software, but only about half the commands show up
I dont have the create station, or any of the commands lower on the list. Also how do I set up a working salvage network? I'm kind of lost
Hi Evaign,

Some of the commands rely on certain criteria to show up. If you check the READ ME included in the package, it lists all the requirements for the various commands. If you have any problems, let me know. :)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 18:48

TheGhost wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 09:23
Hello, can anyone share a bit more hints on solving the encrypted codes for the stolen prototype ship ? :)
Hi TheGhost,

I'll PM you some details!

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 10:39

solved,sorry.

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 05:27

This "EQUIP FROM INVENTORY" functionality of the script really managed to piss me right off.

It steals overtunes and then you are ****** for good. There is no way to get them back AS OVERTUNES because they are now in the scripted inventory which you cannot access / drop stuff out or reapply the overtunes. Enjoy your newly "maxed out" ship. Only misses a generic slapstick laugh track for a finishing move...

:evil:
The Engine of Darkness is the Black Hole

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 11:50

Don`t you save the game , before you try something you don`t know about ?

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 14:32

Shifting the blame, I see. A brilliant strategy.

Well for the Record I went in there by accident.

And guess what happens when you select and press the "close" button instead of using the Escape Button on your keyboard

That's right It applies the settings. Just as if you pressed "Automatically equip ship" in the first line. Totally what I would expect.

And why I was pissed right off? Last save was 1 1/2 hours ago when this happend by ACCIDENT.

----

That said, possible workarounds, untested as of yet, (will test later).

Save before trying (sometimes the ships you "gift" to races happen to scoop up the dropped cargo again, e.g. tunings, then they are lost for good)
  • Transfer Inventory to a cheap ship and gift the ship with the inventory to a race, maybe instead of just dropping the currently applied tunings it will also drop its "scripted inventory" aswell
  • Equip other crap ships you don't need until you have no tunings in the inventory left and then gift those ships to races so they drop their tunings
Second point is a workaround for the first - meaning if the ship doesn't drop it's scripted inventory but only it's equipment.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 15:47

:)

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 16:52

Well that's just galaxy-mind-level brilliant.

The Transfer Inventory command doesn't work properly even if a ship is within 5km.

First try it told me the Inventory went to "null" which means goodbye forever (happend with a Goner Ranger which didn't have an SCS). Might aswell just have told me "you didn't need that crap anyway, didn't you?"

Reload and bought SCS for the ranger and now the command it just doesn't do anything. Also tried with Demeter. You click the command, the window closes and you get no info at all (Not even the defiant "transferred to null") and the inventory is not transferred. Rebooting the SCS scripts did exactly nothing.

It doesn't matter if I target the ship I want to transfer to or not, doesn't matter if the target ship has the SCS on it or not. I jumped me and the other ship in a sector away from other stuff - still absolutely nothing. The documentation tells me nothing of value for this command.

JFC :roll:

----
Edit:

So either the script breaks itself to death with too many ships in space OR only m6/m7/m2/m1 etc can use that functionality. Funnily enough the Demeter I had could have inventory but I could not transfer to it from my m6.

Or there is some weird "if you have an m6 you cannot transfer to a ts" kind of restriction.

If I have a few destroyers (and stuff) around me then I can choose which destroyer I want to transfer to.

If all I have is ts/tp around me, I either get "nothing" after using the Transfer Command or the awesome "to null" aka your inventory went "poof" effect.

----

Ok it seems when you are in a carrier and you access the SCS menu via the carriers landed ships they "share" the carriers inventory. So IN THEORY I should be able to equip some crap ships with the tunings , undock them and then gift them to a race which causes them to drop said tunings which I can then scoop up with my shop to get my overtunes back.

Let's see if THAT workaround works.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 23:07

I really don`t understand why you transfer wares via SCS?! :?

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 23:59

Dude, please... read the readme which SCS provides (scs_readme.pdf).
EQUIP FROM INVENTORY wrote: This command will equip a ship from parts stored in the ship’scargo bay and inventory. The target ship will have all available software installed along with the maximum number of Cargo Bay Extensions, Rudder Optimisations and EngineTunings. The best shields available will be installed (if necessary, replacing lower strength shields), however, weapons and missiles will not be added, due to the variety of combinations available (and variety of user preferences!). This command will only be displayed on a ship that has an inventory.
VIEW INVENTORY wrote: This command will display all items in the ship’s cargo bay and inventory.This command will only be displayed on a ship that has an inventory.
TRANSFER INVENTORY wrote: Transfers the inventory from one shipto another. Both ships must be within 5km of each other.This command will only be displayed on a ship that has an inventory.
SCS has an internal Inventory which is per ship. If you have overtunes and you happen to enter the "Equip from Inventory" menu entry and try to exit via the "close" button in the submenu without disabling the rudder / engine specific options, or if you use certain functions which strip another ship, the "wares" will not be stored as freight like in the vanilla game but instead can go into the curren ships SCS specific inventory.

My ships overtunes went into my inventory because I accidentally went into "Equip from inventory" -> "close" which SCS interpreted as "Apply all equip options" which promply stripped my overtunes (to bring speed / steering to "max", and max was defined as the ships max, not "put in as much as possible", which means rudder and engine tuning will be removed - as weird as that sounds it's how it's programmed aparrently...).

Since you cannot drop stuff from SCS inventory you are forced to use workarounds like I described...

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 00:58

I know that.But I also know that these commands don`t work well, so I use thus once and never again.
Just use other scripts , like Lucikes https://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?o ... &Itemid=97
or a similar script .
What do you have from being annoy of lacking some functions , insted use other possibiltys.
Annyway , i don`t want to offend you, just show other ways...

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 20:15

I do and did not want to use these commands on purpose.

I made it clear that i accidentally went into the "Equip from Inventory" submenu - and when using the "Close" entry of that Submenu without touching anything else, SCS stripped my current ship of its engine/rudder overtunes.

Example: Before I went in there my ship flew 300 m/s because of overtunes i collected, after SCS stripped the tunes it's back to the default max of 170 m/s.

Save Game was too long ago, and I refuse the notion of "shit happens, time to move on".

So I tried to come up with workarounds (which I posted last page) to get my tunings back and document it for others who might happen to have the same issue with these commands.

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 23:13

Heya,

is this still being updated? I'd love to use this with LU, but due to the nature of LU liking to break when you install and uninstall other mods, I'd like to wait for the rewrite ... v5, was it? Or has the development officially been halted?

Cheers,
Otto

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”