[SCR] Economy and Supply Trader [2009-10-12 X3TC 3.2.05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:40

I don't know what else to suggest. It seems as though it should work.

Gnasirator's MK3 Improvement is a good alternative to EST's. (Better in some ways, although EST has more options.)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:50

Cassin wrote:...started a new game (Humble Merchant)...
I would guess that your trade rank is not high enough then.
readme wrote:The Economy and Supply Trader's skills depend on his training rank, and only works for experienced pilots. Players must have "Trader" rank to hire the Economy and Supply Trader.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:54

Good catch, X2-Illuminatus!

Can you add that to the "Ship Equipment" section? And change the title of that section to "Requirements"?
  • (Wyvern's last post was almost two years ago.)

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 21:19

Aaah, good guess ! I'll try after work a bit my trade rank in my actual game, thanks ;)
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 19:23

It works ;)

I work up my trading rank and now my EST took flight ;)

Thanks a lot ;)
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 19:29

Cassin wrote:It works ;)

I work up my trading rank and now my EST took flight ;)

Thanks a lot ;)
Good to hear.

Two of the most common reasons for EST pilots not doing anything is enemies in system or player trade rank.

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 19:36

Yes, I got the problem too, I accessed to the EST menu, but he stayed on "wait" all the time, until I realized he saw ennemies in his sector. I started a new game on "poisonned Paranid", so Paranids appears as ennemies for him, despite the global setting as "friends" for Paranids.

I solved it by setting the option "show ennemy if ennemy" on "no" ;)

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 20:22

Its the download links actual? For me doesnt work.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 04:53

They aren't. Lucike changed his webspace directories after he left this board.

You can find his downloads on his own website. The website is German only, so use Google translation if you can't read German. Of course, the scripts themselves contain the English language files too.

--> Lucike's Script Collection (... using Google translation)

wolfmanpuck
x3tc

Post by wolfmanpuck » Sun, 12. May 13, 02:15

Can I transfer the EST pilot to another freighter after he bailed from his ship during an attack?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 12. May 13, 03:02

wolfmanpuck wrote:Can I transfer the EST pilot to another freighter after he bailed from his ship during an attack?
Yes. You need to do the transfer in a station.

Rheinlander
x4

Post by Rheinlander » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 10:47

My ESTs seem to drop into standby mode constantly (player trade rank 18), restarting the EST command while in the same sector doesn't help, and it doesn't take long after I've put them in a new sector for them to go into standby again.

What can I do to stop this happening?
Kicking bastu and taking names since X:BTF

dizzysoul

Post by dizzysoul » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 18:27

My ESTs seem to be working well technically, as in they automatically buy/sell goods and equip themselves, etc.

However, they all seem to be losing me money. I don't play w8ith the game running in SETA overnight or anything, and they don't seem to get stuck idling. I haven't watched them with a microscope, and they should be making trades that are at least 10% profitable, yet somehow I'm losing money with them running. It's very, very odd.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:25

Having a problem with my ESTs currently, the perpetual standby one.

It's been SEVEN HOURS an they still haven't budged.

They only have 1 ware on their product list, energy cells.
There are several SPPs filled with Ecells in the sector they are currently in.
One sector away there are several stations completely devoid of Ecells.
Profit margin is 10%.
Relationship with faction to be traded with is 9. Friend-Foe setting is set correctly.
20mil in bank.
My trade rating is 16.
They have no wares other than their equipment and shields.
Related sectors all have satellites.
There are no enemies in the next 6 jumps.

And still nothing.

Bartic
x3tc

Post by Bartic » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 16:23

It is delicioussss.... like profitssss.... with Trade Overview it makes mega combo.

ManticoreMig

Post by ManticoreMig » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 14:04

Hello all,

I have the same problem as dizzysoul. Running X3AP.
ESTs running fine, last rank, no MK3, running one ware only (normally E-Cells, food, ore), using jumpdrives, jump range of 3 around argon prime.
With the script "Trade Overview" installed, they are shown as making a profit 100.000/hr to 200.000/hr per trader. Yet, with no other sources of income i am losing about 20.000/hr on my global account, its almost unnoticeable.
My game is heavily scripted, but has no major mods. This only happens after i start some ESTs.

Any clues as what might be?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 14:40

If you're losing money, then the salary of the trader is probably costing more than the profit their making. You didn't stick them in say Mistral Super Freighters did you? Because those things are so slow they'll rack up a huge bill and may not make enough cash to cover that cost. As for them not going, is your trade rank high enough? They won't budge until it is.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ManticoreMig

Post by ManticoreMig » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 16:28

I have defined as 20% the minimum profit per trade run (instead of the default 10%)
The ships are a collection of demeter and mercury Superfreighters XL (playing a no buying ships game). So, as you point out, it might be the case that their profits per run are lower than their wages (which are calculated by travel time, right? which in this case might be a lot).

I will make some tests when I have some time to make sure.
My goal was to keep the factories on the argon home sectors pumping (wich they are doing realy great).

Thanks a lot for pointing that out :)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 13:07

No buys are some of the most fun ones. That said, are the ships fully tuned? Demeters should have no problem out running their salaries. Are they restricted to just one type of ware? If so try adding one or two other wares. Plus get them to jump drive level and let them use those. They'll get much better at getting around. I presume you've got them in Argon Prime? If so, consider expanding them one sector so they can service the local boron sectors and such. It'll increase opportunities and let them buy more from local stations which will let those stations produce more and provide more opportunities to sell to them.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ManticoreMig

Post by ManticoreMig » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 11:44

- The ships are fully tunned and JD equiped
- The pilots are at level 5
- only 1 ware per ship
- ships are demeter or mercury superfreighters XL
- 2 are trading E-Cells, 1 is trading meatsteak cahoonas, and another is trading ore
- They are using the jumpdrives, range is 3 sector around argon prime (perfect for dealing in all of the argon sectors of that region).
- "Minimum profit" set as 20%
- "Maximum product stock" set as 60%
- according to the Trade Overview script, each trader is making 100.000 to 200.000 cr/h (and i believe this includes jumpfuel bought)
- according to this page, each trader at lv 5 earns 40cr per mizura, thats 40cr per minute, which is 2.400cr/h. So the profits should be more than enough to cover the wages

The goal is to help the local economy while making a little profit, as the sectors around argon prime supply E-Cells, Ore and food, but the NPC traders are only interested in high profit trades.

My main game has now lots of credit input from other sources (like large complexes) so I am setting-up another game to test this scenario (but it is taking a lot of time to reach the lvl 11 trade rank xD ).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”