[SCR] Economy and Supply Trader [2009-10-12 X3TC 3.2.05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 17:03

SpFiota wrote:Does this mod do anything for automated universe traders?
No.

EST's are an alternative to UT's. Both use Trade Command Software Mk3 to automate trading. Otherwise they are unrelated -- EST's are just a different approach to the problem.

Both EST and UT pilots must be trained before they will do their best work.

To improve UT's, see MK3 Optimization.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 19:59

I last used an MK3 in Reunion, that was when I started using the ESTs.
Unless the Universal Traders have advanced considerably, they are not half as useful as the ESTs (my opinion only of course).

Like the Dr said they do need training too. On the plus side once a pilot has achieved a rank his advancement is common to CAG, EST and CLS.
So if you have any CAGs already trained up you can turn them into ESTs.

There is at least one option in the ESTs control menu concerning MK3, you could try fiddle with that and see what it does.

But to answer your question: "Does this mod do anything for automated universe traders? "

IMHO it does, it replaces them with a more efficient and customizable version.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 20:09

Brinnie wrote:Unless the Universal Traders have advanced considerably

MK3 Optimization is a considerable advancement; that is why I suggested it. :)

Mk3 Optimization makes UT's work the way that you always wanted them to work. They avoid enemies, trade reliably, and do not just stop working without warning or explanation.

I used both EST's and UT's for a long time. Now I use only gnasirator's optimized UT's. They are easier and more reliable than EST's (although EST's do allow you to customize their behavior, if you wish to do so).

There is at least one option in the ESTs control menu concerning MK3, you could try fiddle with that and see what it does.

It allows the EST to use automated settings, so that it will behave similarly to a UT. Without the Mk3 software, you must do the setup manually, which is a pain.

EDIT: You can use both EST and Mk3 Optimization at the same time (although on different ships, of course). So compare them and see which you prefer.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 23. Oct 12, 20:39, edited 2 times in total.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 20:21

I have now got so used to the EST that I don't think I could do without them but I am also a sucker for trying new scripts.
I take it this mk3 improvement is compatible with the EST, if that is the case I might give it a try sometime in the future.

ps. Dr. you are a bottomless well of information :)

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Sat, 12. Jan 13, 21:06

I cant make my traders do their job with this script.

I've tried every alteration to their settings as i could but my traders just sit there doing nothing "EST on standby" ...

Im using, or better said, trying to use EST on X-Tended 2.0 where most of the ppl say its working as intended ... it means either im doing something wrong or im doing something wrong ...

Can someone tell me how do you set up the traders for the first time ?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 03:01

What is the pilot rank?

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 19:45

He has been sitting there for loads of time and through training he is now a trader ... I have added all the resources i want him to trade, set the home sector and jump range and he does nothing.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 21:15

naisha wrote:He has been sitting there for loads of time and through training he is now a trader ... I have added all the resources i want him to trade, set the home sector and jump range and he does nothing.

Try to reset the trader to default settings and then add the wares and restart it.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 11:51

Brinnie wrote:
naisha wrote:He has been sitting there for loads of time and through training he is now a trader ... I have added all the resources i want him to trade, set the home sector and jump range and he does nothing.

Try to reset the trader to default settings and then add the wares and restart it.
Done that, nothing ... i've switched over to the standard UT ... wasted a lot of time on this to make it work ...

Betzalel
x3tc

Post by Betzalel » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 21:23

I have been using this for the my recent play through, and for some reason literally every EST or CAG will always go to Omicron Lyrea or Treasure chest (both war sectors) and get insta fragged by a scimitar almost as soon as they hit major dealer.

I have tried making excetoptions for the sectors, everything in them, and all of the sectors around them, and I have given them the ability to jump clear over it, but they will still ALWAYS fly though it. I have lost 70 ships to those two sectors in the last day.

Is this a problem with AP in particular? Or is there some other setting than exceptions that I need to set.

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 15:21

Hello,

I can't work this script with AP, and I wonder why.

I have reinstall from scratch TC + AP, updated, install Bonus Pack, Plugin Manager, and EST (latest version, as for library), started a new game (Humble Merchant), send my TS on Argon Prime, buy Commercial Commands MK2 (MK1 still onboard) and Navigation Commands MK1, I see the EST command line in the menu, but can't select it, it's "grayed".

I already use it with TC and it should start with only that, normally (as said in the readme). I also used Cheat Package for testing with full equipment (and with MK3), but whatever I install on my TS, the EST won't start.

Does anybody have an idea why ? Is it incompatible ? (but it's on the list of compatible scripts ?!)

Thanks in advance ;)

EDIT : I used the TC Plot mod, installed as a "fake patch", could it be a reason ?
EDIT 2 : same without TC Plot :/
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 18:24

Many of Lucike's scripts require you to dock at a station before they will start the first time. The reason is that you have to be at a station in order to "hire a pilot" for the ship.

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 18:55

Yes, I know, and my TS is docked at the Equipment Dock in Argon Prime, but the command in Trade Menu don't light up.

I tried also on a ore mine, don't work either :/
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 19:00

Well, a docked TS with Navigation Command Software, Trade Command Software Mk1 and Trade Command Software Mk2 *should* work.

Can you try it with a different ship (one that does not have Trade Command Software Mk1 built in)? There is a common scripting mistake when checking wares that sometimes causes built-in wares to not be considered. I strongly doubt that Lucike would make that mistake, but I do not have any other ideas about what could be wrong.

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:32

So,

I just tried, spawned a Centaur with the cheat pack (as beginning a new, I don't have any money for now ^^ ), and put on it Commercial MK1 & MK2 and Navigation MK1, docked it on a Teladi Trade Station and... style gray :'(

I also tried after removing all others scripts, don't work either :/

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:40

I don't know what else to suggest. It seems as though it should work.

Gnasirator's MK3 Improvement is a good alternative to EST's. (Better in some ways, although EST has more options.)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:50

Cassin wrote:...started a new game (Humble Merchant)...
I would guess that your trade rank is not high enough then.
readme wrote:The Economy and Supply Trader's skills depend on his training rank, and only works for experienced pilots. Players must have "Trader" rank to hire the Economy and Supply Trader.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:54

Good catch, X2-Illuminatus!

Can you add that to the "Ship Equipment" section? And change the title of that section to "Requirements"?
  • (Wyvern's last post was almost two years ago.)

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 21:19

Aaah, good guess ! I'll try after work a bit my trade rank in my actual game, thanks ;)

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 19:23

It works ;)

I work up my trading rank and now my EST took flight ;)

Thanks a lot ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”