[SCR] Ring of Fire - Stealth Lasertowers (v2.31 - 29.11.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 06:40

Probably. I submitted it to the compatibility list but alas, the post was overlooked. It happens.

ManiakNL wrote:So what does this actualy do ?
First you buy 360 laser towers and the script will line them up in a circle arround a particular selected object ?
You can deploy a variable number.
360 of them would stop 3-4 Xenon invasions at once. =P
See the death star weapon screenshot in the first post? That was like 80-90.
Or is it a cheat that just spawns them
*slap* Cheats? Pfft. Too easy!

Version 2.28 released.

Text / Log messaged corrected.

No change to the OOS behaviour.
That simply has... issues... in TC. Let's see what the next patch does. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 22:17

Thanks for the reply. My script folder was a mess, and i fixed the issue by updating space loot tp.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 00:09

Hi Gazz!

I little off topic but I was wondering if / when you would be introducing your station complex cleaner mover like you had in x3 reunion? I find your program indispensable to building my empire! :)

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 20:38

Another nice script by Gazz ; I really like the stealth feature, keeps the sector map from cluttering with 20 LT around a gate. Got a question however : I deployed my first Ring of Fire around a Gate (arguments : select Gate, 20, axis Y), so it deployed the LTs very nicely in a tight circle around the gate.

The LTs are Stealth so they all disappear ; I then jump OOS and after a while I get a message that they are being attacked. I jump in sector again to watch the fight (a Xenon P + couple fighters) and I see that the LTs are now all over the place :

EDIT : pic deleted on OP's request ;)

Will the LTs lose their positions when they disappear/reappear ? It's not so efficient as some of the LTs are now very far apart and can not protect each other.
Last edited by tontonfred on Tue, 2. Dec 08, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

drakend

Post by drakend » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 21:09

Gazz wrote: No change to the OOS behaviour.
That simply has... issues... in TC. Let's see what the next patch does. =)
Let's say TC isn't properly a good example of an almost bug free game... I know something from the "Complex Cleaner script problem", which was a ludicrous game problem instead.
Anyway the lasertowers (and other ships too I guess) are USELESS against even a XENON N in OOS!!!!
I mean a ****** XENON N managed to destroy five lasertowers OOS.... while IS I saw sixty lasertowers deal with a xenon q with ease. The problem is the game and not your script of course! :evil:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 22:17

tontonfred wrote:Will the LTs lose their positions when they disappear/reappear ? It's not so efficient as some of the LTs are now very far apart and can not protect each other.
Obviously that's not intended.

I'll have to see what's going on there but when I tested it there were no such problems.

Oh, and please delete that huge picture. =P
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 22:22

Gazz wrote: I'll have to see what's going on there but when I tested it there were no such problems.

Oh, and please delete that huge picture. =P
Done !

Waiting for your results, but anyway, I'm gonna have to stop using Ring of Fire until Egosoft fixes OOS combat, all my LTs get 0wned by Yaki and Xenon M5s... :evil:

EDIT : don't know if it's important, but I deployed the LTs with cloaking OFF. After they were deployed, I turned cloaking on by deploying again, with arguments (Gate, cloak, Y).

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 22:29

Yes. As of X3 v1.2.1 many ships are 100 % useless OOS and there's nothing I can do about it.

Everything seems to come down to the
turn turret towards target and attack run on target script insctructions.
They just... lock up... for random intervals, halting their combat scripts.
*shrug*

EDIT : don't know if it's important, but I deployed the LTs with cloaking OFF. After they were deployed, I turned cloaking on by deploying again, with arguments (Gate, cloak, Y).
Details are always important. (Most =) every scripter does test normal operation...

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 22:52

Gazz wrote: Details are always important. (Most =) every scripter does test normal operation...
Okay, so to give you more detail : I deployed the LTs (arguments South Gate, 20, axis Y) with microchips on my freighter, so it deployed them correctly as "Stealth L.T. 1/20 2/20 etc." but they stayed visible as I was on 'decloak' settings. Then when I fake-deployed again to turn cloaking on (arguments South Gate, cloak, axis Y), the LTs stayed in position, in a nice circle around the warpgate, then disappeared one by one, which I guess is what they should do.

It's ONLY when I returned later to watch the fight in sector that they appeared in the wrong place.

Sector was Zyarth's Dominion, South Gate to Xenon sector.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 06:29

Thanks.

Version 2.29 released.

LT should always decloak at their intended positions.

mawi
x4

Post by mawi » Fri, 26. Dec 08, 23:29

Would i be right in assuming that if you deploy say 20 LT's to gaurd a gate, then later go back with another ship with 20 more on board and tell it to deploy 30 using exactly the same arguments it will recognise the existing 20 allready deployed and re-use them + 10 new ones from my cargo bay to complete the 30 requested and leave 10 on board the ship?

CNiall

Post by CNiall » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 18:47

Is there a command to automatically disassemble a LT network and return the towers (probably without the microchips if used) to the ship the command was issued from?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 19:29

MARS has a feature to collect stationary ships.

Or you can do it manually, just collecting the LT like cargo.

CNiall

Post by CNiall » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 19:42

Gazz wrote:MARS has a feature to collect stationary ships.

Or you can do it manually, just collecting the LT like cargo.
Thanks; I've got MARS installed so I'll give that a shot. I deployed a network in the wrong sector without realising, heh.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 02:13

Did the last patch fix the OOS problem?

chmv

Post by chmv » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 23:05

Gazz, many thanks for the script!

Small fix to place LT in sector with HUB. This addon allows you to rotate a ring on 30 degrees from axis.

Code: Select all

Arguments
5: delta , Number , 'Enter 0, -30 or 30 to rotate' 

----
218   ||$r=999999999 / ( $radius + $r.mod * $r.count )
219   *write to player logbook: printf: pageid=$PageID textid=106, $i, $deploy.count, $r, $r.mod, $r.count
220   ||$ar=$a / $r
221   ||if$delta == 30
222   |||$cr=$ar / 2
223   |||$ar=$ar * 86602 / 100000
224   ||else if$delta == -30
225   |||$cr=$ar / -2
226   |||$ar=$ar * 86602 / 100000
227   ||else
228   |||$cr=0
229   ||end
230   ||
231   ||if$orient == 3
232   |||$px=$x0 + $ar
233   |||$py=$y0 + $b / $r
234   |||$pz=$z0 + $cr
235   ||else if$orient == 1
236   |||$pz=$z0 + $ar
237   |||$py=$y0 + $b / $r
238   |||$px=$x0 + $cr
239   ||else if$orient == 2
240   |||$px=$x0 + $ar
241   |||$pz=$z0 + $b / $r
242   |||$py=$y0 + $cr
243   ||end
Second fix.

Code: Select all

034   $Gate.displacement=-500
Because now offset occurs in an opposite side.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 27. May 09, 20:49

Version 2.30 released

LT should now decloak with the correct friend/foe settings.

tank29
x2

Post by tank29 » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 03:14

I just installed this, because it looks fantastic, but I'm having some issues with it. When I go for the default installation w/Stealth using 60 LTs around a jump gate, the towers don't appear and attack some pirates that appear shortly after setting up the ring.

However, if I do the same install, but decloak them, they will attack the same pirates (the pirates spawn from a mission to protect a factory in the system). I have made sure that the pirates are set to Foe in the global settings before installing the towers.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 18:17

There is always a problem with mission generated enemies.

My guess is that these were not pirates.
The first letter of the ship ID would be an "I" for pirates.

If they are (my guess) Neutral Race then the LT have no problem with them.

The only way to make them attack such mission targets is to make them use your ship's relations.
If your ship says it's hostile, LT will not like it, either.

However, that removes the ability to have different hostility settings for your own ship...

tank29
x2

Post by tank29 » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 22:56

Hmm. Interesting. Just to be clear, I tried the same setup twice: once with the LT's cloaked, started the mission, and nothing happened as the bad guys came through the gate. I reloaded the save game, had the LT's uncloaked and they attacked they bad guys as they came through the gate. Is that what you would expect?

A note about the time when the LT's attacked: I had 60 LT's around a gate and it took some time to bring down 2 M5s (Only some of the LTs fired). Is that normal? I would expect 60 LT's to handle M5s without a problem.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”