[SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 07:15

dpadula wrote:Is there a way to just get the Salvagers in my game? I do not really need everything else.
Using the Community Plugin Configuration script here you can disable just the additional salvage commands and leave the salvage ships enabled.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 12:28

Thank you. That is great!!!
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 00:46

can you add a setting to tell the NPC salvagers to ignore ships spawned by missions?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 05:14

Does this work with TESCG's SCS v3.34 or the upcoming v3.37?
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 05:36

Umm, if it uses the same command slot as previous versions then it should work fine, I'll have to test. If not, you can always change the requirement to special command software, or system override software.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 10:12

TrixX wrote:Does this work with TESCG's SCS v3.34 or the upcoming v3.37?
I'll simplify it... YES it does cause I use it

Limbo365
x3ap

Post by Limbo365 » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 16:24

hey, just wondering, whats the largest ship type these guys will claim? Ive seen them claim TM's and M6's but nothing bigger than that
Wanton Use of Nukes Blue Wing: Limbo
Quotes I like :-D
Klanthalas wrote:Who needs engineering when ya can just hit the control panel with a wrench
Gavrushka wrote:Huh, I'm no cheat, I'm not touching the infernal Springblossom I fly an unshielded Octopus with no upgrades and a damaged hull and when I want to take on a Xenon Q, I just hold my breath, roll down the window and throw pies at it..

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 16:54

Limbo365 wrote:hey, just wondering, whats the largest ship type these guys will claim? Ive seen them claim TM's and M6's but nothing bigger than that
They should be able to claim anything, especially if you see them claim M6s - they make no distinction between a M6 and a M1.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Limbo365
x3ap

Post by Limbo365 » Sun, 3. Oct 10, 16:57

sweet, ty for the quick reply :)
Wanton Use of Nukes Blue Wing: Limbo
Quotes I like :-D
Klanthalas wrote:Who needs engineering when ya can just hit the control panel with a wrench
Gavrushka wrote:Huh, I'm no cheat, I'm not touching the infernal Springblossom I fly an unshielded Octopus with no upgrades and a damaged hull and when I want to take on a Xenon Q, I just hold my breath, roll down the window and throw pies at it..

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 20:12

Not sure what happened, but I'm missing the "strip all ships docked here.... " command. The others are there, and I'm trying to run it on an M1 with 30 or so docked ships.

I was looking at the setup script, I only saw 3 command entries there, shouldn't there be 4?

Using exscriptor, Command ID: 624 shows up as: COMMAND_AUTOSALV_TRANSFERALL_CARR (IN USE)

This command is not mentioned in the setup script, however.

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 20:40

I tried installing it again, but it didn't fix the problem, so I added the following to "setup.plugin.salv", reinit the script caches and it seems to have fixed it.
if $cmds.enabled
$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_SECTOR}
set script command upgrade: command=$cmd upgrade={Special Command Software MK1} script='plugin.salv.cmdchk.salv'
global script map: set: key=$cmd, class={Moveable Ship 2134}, race={Player}, script='plugin.salv.cmd.sector', prio=0
global script map: remove: key=$cmd, class={Fighter Drone (object class)}, race={Player}

$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_UNIVERSE}
set script command upgrade: command=$cmd upgrade={Special Command Software MK1} script='plugin.salv.cmdchk.salv'
global script map: set: key=$cmd, class={Moveable Ship 2134}, race={Player}, script='plugin.salv.cmd.universe', prio=0
global script map: remove: key=$cmd, class={Fighter Drone (object class)}, race={Player}

$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_TRANSFERALL}
set script command upgrade: command=$cmd upgrade={Special Command Software MK1}
global script map: set: key=$cmd, class={Moveable Ship 2134}, race={Player}, script='plugin.salv.cmd.transfer', prio=0

$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_TRANSFERALL_CARR}
set script command upgrade: command=$cmd upgrade={Special Command Software MK1}
global script map: set: key=$cmd, class={Moveable Ship 2134}, race={Player}, script='plugin.salv.cmd.transfer.carr', prio=0

else

$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_SECTOR}
global script map: remove: key=$cmd, class={Moveable Ship 2134}, race={Player}
$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_UNIVERSE}
$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_TRANSFERALL}
$cmd = {COMMAND_AUTOSALV_TRANSFERALL_CARR}

end
Edit: There should be a warning or something for the carrier being full. I didn't realize this, and kept executing the command thinking it was still broken. :(

Also, I'm putting an exception into your script/command to ignore ships that have the carrier/station set as it's home base. Stripping combat wings, or salvaging scout ships is undesirable IMO, and I think this is the best way to deal with that. I don't know if this is something you want to integrate into your script, but I thought I'd suggest it since I was doing it anyway.

Edit again: This small, very simple mod works very well.
while $ship.idx
dec $ship.idx =
$ship = $ship.arr[$ship.idx]

skip if not $ship == [THIS]
continue

$ship.home = $ship->get homebase
skip if not $ship.home == $station
continue

$ship.owner = $ship->get owner race
skip if $ship.owner == {Player}
continue

$ware.arr = $ship->call script 'plugin.salv.transfer.geteqwares' :
gosub subTransfer
skip if $isSuccess
break

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sat, 6. Nov 10, 00:24

I haven't gotten this to work, seems there is a broken link somewhere.

The CPC entry is there, the Sector and Universe salvager commands are there, Strip all is there, but there is no sign of the "Claim" command. I have it set to use the Special Command Software MK1 system, but it doesn't appear in the ship's commands.

In setup.plugin.salv there is a broken reference to the script plugin.plugman.getware (line 7), it's not included in the SPK nor is it in the CPC package. There is however plugin.manager.getware (for me anyway).

I replaced that line in the setup but no dice, don't really wanna fool around with the script, but perhaps someone will find some time to fix this up.

Superfubario

Post by Superfubario » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 04:48

I really wanna use this script but every time i try to install it I cant load my games. New start or load save is the same thing. I get to the loading screen and it just hangs there.

Fresh game Install, Installed plugin manager then community plugin, Test game works OK, then this script (and only this script), select a saved game/fresh start gets to the loading screen and no HDD activity and it just hangs. Have to CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Anyone have any Ideas i could look into.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Thu, 12. May 11, 01:03

my game runs fine until i try and open the Salvage commands & NPCs menu in the Community Configuration Menu then i get the full game lock up same as the post above mine

MissingSea
x3tc

Post by MissingSea » Sun, 29. May 11, 20:26

Sorry to bump the topic, but I'm also getting the lock-up when trying to access the Community Config options for this. It works fine for other scripts that use the CCC including the NPC bailing add-on, any thoughts?
If darkness is chaos, then light will only serve to reveal the chaos.

GTAVC
x4

Post by GTAVC » Fri, 24. Jun 11, 20:23

Reupload please
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

SadisticSid
x3tc

Post by SadisticSid » Sat, 25. Jun 11, 01:15

GTAVC wrote:Reupload please
Use http://thisisharsh.maeyanie.com/Salvage ... 1.2008.spk instead
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Roh81

Post by Roh81 » Sat, 17. Sep 11, 00:11

Do the crates need to be within the view of your satellites or do you simply need one in sector?

cptANGRIST
x3ap

Post by cptANGRIST » Thu, 22. Sep 11, 11:46

sorry if explained before. but is there any option to make my universal salvager not to go to "foe" areas... like pirates, or teladi , or any other set to foe from global or ships command..

i use sector salvager command in a springblossom that i carry with me, but i want some faster m5s to take that job, but they got killed easily if set to universal salvager because there always some TS ships at foe sectors salvagers chose them to collect first :(
i have seen that FreeLancer game.. (yes that was a game..)

But This is Spartaaaaa.... :)

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 16:57

Is there any way to tweak the auto-pilot commands to go to a ship yard after claiming them with this mod?

I am in Midnight Star. The nearest shipyard is in Grand Exchange, 2 sectors to the East. When I claim ships here, they are told to go to the Split Shipyard in Zyarth's Dominion, which is not only 4 sectors away going through Grand Exchange, but their route is the LONGEST ONE THEY CAN TAKE to get to Zyarth's Dominion, by way of exiting Midnight Star WEST instead of going East.

Shouldn't they be taking the quickest route to the nearest shipyard? I mean, I could understand if I had maybe a blacklisted sector mod, but I don't so this seems rather silly sending my ships through a longer than needed route to get to a shipyard further away than the closest one.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”