[MOD]External TP/TS docking (update 07/12/08) for 1.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 16:03

Well, what I meant was, the 1.3 version of Tships, after it's been edited for this mod, can be dropped into the \types folder. :)

Just putting the one from the cat into the folder won't do anything different. :p

That said, I got your email (and a PM from TSM). I'll try to get it updated for the mod during half time. :)

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 16:24

Yeah that's what I thought you meant ;)
I ditched my first attempt, put your mod back in, dropped in the 1.3 tships.txt into \types folder AND changed docking slots = 1 for the agamemnon. So now I can dock and the game is using the new tships file.

Course, I shall reinstall your proper version when you post it and since I seem to be starting a new game every couple of days anyway it doesn't much matter in the meantime... just a temporary fix :)
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 16:25

OP updated with 1.3 "hotfix".

:)

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 16:35

Sweet. This is all I needed to make a smooth transition when the Steam 1.3 comes out. Thanks for the speedy service!
-TEVE

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 16:44

Haha, most temporary fix ever. Least I learned something by doing it :)
Thanks very much for the update!
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 17:26

fud wrote:OP updated with 1.3 "hotfix".

:)
Repacked mine ;)

can send you it if you want?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 17:30

?
The 1.3 Tships with updated docking is in the OP. ;)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 17:32

:lol: I mean i repacked your mod with the new Tships :wink:
Egosoft Wiki

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 17:38

Ah..

I haven't had any beer yet...

My bad. :oops:

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 17:40

:lol: most programmer's/geek's need coffee or cola trust you to be different :wink:
Egosoft Wiki

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 20:47

fud wrote:Well, what I meant was, the 1.3 version of Tships, after it's been edited for this mod, can be dropped into the \types folder. :)

Just putting the one from the cat into the folder won't do anything different. :p

That said, I got your email (and a PM from TSM). I'll try to get it updated for the mod during half time. :)

What game you watching??? Where I am at right now in the middle of no where I cannot watch the PACKERS!! I have no idea what the score is right now and although they are having a tough year with Favre, I think they will be alright in another year or so with Rogers... He is pretty good in his first year.. Heck Favre sucked his first two years also..

Anyhow, what game you watching?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 20:51

<--- Colts fan. Sadly, we have to watch teh Bears/Jags suckfest....

Oh well.

Steelhawk
x3tc

Post by Steelhawk » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 00:32

Hey

i have some problems loading my saves with new the 1.4 patch. I have installed your mod but dont know which version. It was dated from 23.11.2008.

I think the problem is caused by this mod because i have two old saves from 1.21. The first was saved without the TL docking mod, the second after loading this mod. The first runs with 1.4 patch the second not.

All my new saves are running this mod and my TL is also in the player sector. What can i do know? Maybe i can try to run my saves on another machine with 1.3 und save the game in a sector without any ships? Any other ideas?

Thx

Edit: Aahh, im an idiot. I used your mod as fake patch. The new 1.4 patch wich includes the turret fixes uses new ships.scene files and overwerites the old files from the docking mod. After reinstalling the mod it works for me. But only with the old ship files without turret fix i guess. So we need a new Version of this mod.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 14:46

Well, no.

You need a version of this mod merged with the turret fix mod, they're two different things.

If I get some time, I'll grab Gazz's turret mod and start adding the docking to the ship scenes.

That, or you can try Coffee-Man's docking mod. he did the merge already, but his is a little different than mine.

hardyfis
x3

Post by hardyfis » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 15:08

Hello Fud,

greetings from Germany, the northern part of it!

Everyone here, ok, perhaps only me, is waiting for the update of the external docking mod with gazz turret fixes.

Ok, it´s chrismas time, but what can i say you sit down and make a late chrismas present?

i have no money, i´m not pretty but i have a weakness: X3 TC external docking by fud!

Perhaps two more!

chrismas greetings

hardyfis :P

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 15:52

I have tomorrow off of work, so I was going to try and get the 1.4 ships updated with the docking.

Key word "try", this is a particularly hard time of year to get anything done outside of family things. :)

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 19:23

Thank you FUD! I've got a few days off work myself and was hoping to do a TC marathon. Would love to have an updated version of the mod to play with. :D

Steelhawk
x3tc

Post by Steelhawk » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 00:42

How does the work go on?

hardyfis
x3

Post by hardyfis » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 11:16

Hello fud,

hope you had a nice chrismas time!

I just looked for an update of external docking and i hope you will be successful in the next weeks.

But on the other hand i have a question about something else! :?

Perhaps, you have an idea, solving my problem!

I have an argon military outpost (AMO) and i want to use it like a personal headquater. But the storage is to small. HQ storage is 500.000 units, the Storage of an AMO is very small.

I try to change it in the t-files with xeditor 0.24 but it didn´t work!

You know?

Thanks for an idea!

greetings to the USA!

hardyfis

mostlikely
x4

Post by mostlikely » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 10:13

Is the Atmospheric Lifter modified by this mod in any way?

I've read reports that in vanilla tp/ts's had it as a valid docking target which was a bug and the ships never actually docked.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”