[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software : V1.21 : 20-01-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:27

yeah no added wares will show up as equipment, its just a limitation of the game engine.

this is true of both custom wares and EMP, nothing can be done about that unfortuatlly.

not sure y its not showing up in the docks thou, i will have to look into that.

as for not in the equipment menu, again this is the same limitation as before, the cheat scripts dont see the equipment flag on the ware, as there isn't one

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:36

Cycrow wrote:yeah no added wares will show up as equipment, its just a limitation of the game engine.

this is true of both custom wares and EMP, nothing can be done about that unfortuatlly. ...
But what about the Energygenerator Upgrade (sorry, can't find the english thread at the moment)? It is a software, it shows up as equipment at the Torus and at the ship it's installed as you can see here.

A. Corvis

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:40

its not a custom ware nor EMP, its a built in ware

only built in wares, ie wares that exist in the original Wares files, can show up as equipment.

there are a few unused built in wares that scripts can use.

they are generally reserved for bonus pack scripts, so any other scripts using them could become incompatable with the bonus pack

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:48

Ahh, again what learned :D

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 00:10

Oh, I forgot number 6.

6. DON'T try to cheat it onto a ship that cannot carry size L cargo. It will cause the game to crash.

:D

-Q

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 07:42

So salvage claim software just got literally erased from my game. It's installed in the plugin manager (v1.30), I can see it when I go to the script editor, it has a hotkey in the controls settings, but it is distinctly absent from my inventory and from any equipment docks in the universe, Teladi or otherwise.

Wtf??? Basically it's installed but doesn't show up anywhere. Please, please help me. This is probably the most important script I run besides NPC bailing.

BTW I had advanced thruster control and maybe some other crap installed that also simply dissapeared (furthermore, I could never get it to show up as the correct ware it always had the whole Z_EMP_BLAH thing going, with the sole exception of salvage claim).

Furthermore, I emptied my entire freight bay and there are 13 units of phantom cargo space being occupied.

What the hell happened?

Okay somehow I fixed it, maybe by just sheer will.
But this still leaves all my other problems unsolved. Here are problem wares in my inventory, with installed scripts for reference:

[ external image ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Why? And what about just the completely blank line at the top? What is this?

Im pretty sure I ****** up the installation of all the script and script management stuff and I am going to reinstall soon, but still what the hell

cptANGRIST
x3ap

Post by cptANGRIST » Thu, 22. Sep 11, 11:31

sorry .. wrong post :((
i have seen that FreeLancer game.. (yes that was a game..)

But This is Spartaaaaa.... :)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 00:41

Is there any reason as to why this script seems to override the capital ship energy cell generator?
What happens is that this script replaces the energy cell generator ware in equipment docks instead of adding a new one.
I have checked the script in the script editor and the ware's are changed there also.
This is the only mod to do this the energy cell generator works fine without this installed, is there any way to amend this?

Thanks, flames.

EDIT: No worries, I managed to fix it myself, I had to manually re-enter the ware that was supposed to be in the Equipment docks but it works so all is good.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 16. Oct 11, 11:11

Hi, Cycrow. OOS Claim Ship command is not working. I'm getting message - command rejected despite my SCS ship is being few meter away from claimed one. Why is that ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 03:15

Any plans to AP version this is I am not fan of space walking ;)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 14:22

in theory the script should work.

its the plugin manager custom wares that needs to be updated, which im working on.

Beta 11, might work, but i've not yet tested it for custom wares

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 14:41

Cycrow wrote:in theory the script should work.

its the plugin manager custom wares that needs to be updated, which im working on.

Beta 11, might work, but i've not yet tested it for custom wares
No rush I know your a busy chap. :roll:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 17:43

I have installed the 'Abandoned Ship Spawner" by corbinbird in my X3AP Steam version and it is working in spawning abandoned ships.
Will this salvage script work with the Abandoned Ship Spawner and will it allow me to claim Capital Ships, which I cannot do now.?
Thanks.

EDIT: Hours later. I found the answer to my own question. Yes it does.

I didn't like starting X3AP and going out to fight the universe in a little Nova, so I restarted the game from the beginning and I sailed to the 'Position' in Argon Sector M148 and listened to my instructions in my brand new fully loaded and armed Xenon 'K' that I claimed and fully armed with Gauss Cannon, etc. I meant to thank the nice sargeant for his Nova though.
Now I'm more prepared. :P
Ranking: Super Magnate/Overlord
Graphics: GTX 570 1920x1200 1.3GB 1 GCPU
PC 8GB RAM 2TB Disc Duo Quad 4 CPU, Win 7

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 23:15

@zymurg

Is that on a relatively clean install? Because I don't have SCS in game despite being installed, so I've been using the cheat script to claim big ships.

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 05:16

@The_Mess, can't say its that clean, I have 3 or 4 other scripts installed, and haven't had a problem so far.
Did you buy the software at the Teledi Station. It took me quite a while to raise the $4 million credits to do it. (I am up to my neck in mortgage with the Universal Banking mod)
Ranking: Super Magnate/Overlord
Graphics: GTX 570 1920x1200 1.3GB 1 GCPU
PC 8GB RAM 2TB Disc Duo Quad 4 CPU, Win 7

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 18:09

Will this work with AP?

-----EDIT-----

Nevarmind read through the comments and found the answer... Sorry for my laziness.. :p
F signature

Yushatak

Post by Yushatak » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 00:21

It would be cool if this could be set up to add "System Override Software Mk2" instead and have it be illegal and from pirate bases but retain the same distance and autopilot upgrades over the Mk1.
~Yushatak
www.yushatak.com
www.youtube.com/yushatak
(I'm a partner doing LP)

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Mon, 11. Jun 12, 14:21

So salvage claim software just got literally erased from my game. It's installed in the plugin manager (v1.30), I can see it when I go to the script editor, it has a hotkey in the controls settings, but it is distinctly absent from my inventory and from any equipment docks in the universe, Teladi or otherwise.

Wtf??? Basically it's installed but doesn't show up anywhere. Please, please help me. This is probably the most important script I run besides NPC bailing.
I too am experiencing a similar problem. In fact LOTS of us seem to be having this problem.

For me it went like this.

Bought AP. Installed SCS through Plugin Manager. Played game. Used Software. All fine.

Started NEW game. SCS gone. Not in Teladi Docks. Not in list of Wares. They're listed alphabetically, but there's only Salvage Insurance.

So, in the best traditions of the IT Crowd, I figured it might be worth "turning it off an on again", so I Disabled it, then RE-enabled it. Didn't help.

Uninstall then Re-install? Didn't fix it.

Re-DOWNLOAD and Install? Nope. No change.

Hotkey still shows up in the list of hoteys, but it does nothing at all without the missing software ofc. And so it's clearly remembered from when I was using it before. Yet I've no idea why it should have vanished when I started a new game.

t-file is still in the addon. PRESUMABLY so are the scripts?

So, I'm led to think the following thoughts:

a) this issue with SCS vanishing or failing to turn up in the first place is quite a common problem affecting lots of users.

b) I agree with Phosphene that it's one of THE VERY most important scripts written for the game, and ideally it or a version of it should've been integrated into the Bonus Pack(or even the vanilla game BY NOW), for flawless installation.

c) It's been 7 months since Cycrow looked in here and offered any help/support for this scriptset, so I'm guessing that, for perhaps very legit reasons, he isn't going to be doing it any longer?

...so I figure that it falls to US(well, me) to try and effect some sort of workaround, and share any progress with everyone else.

Easiest way to fix this would be to change the scripts so that the hotkey AND the ship commands no longer depend upon installation of SCS.

The refs for where these scripts ask for the Salvage Claim Software to be present are as follows.

...In 'setup.cycrow.scs.xml':
$ware = [THIS] -> call script 'plugin.manager.getware' : Ware Name='SS_WARE_CY_SCS'
...and in 'plugin.scs.claim.xml':
$ware = [THIS] -> call script 'plugin.manager.getware' : Ware Name='SS_WARE_CY_SCS'
NOTE however that IN-GAME, those Wares are listed as 'SS_WARE_CY_SCS' and NOT as 'Salvage Claim Software' like they should be. Suggesting to me that the t-file isn't being referenced.

But changing those refs to something more readily available MIGHT re-enable the commands maybe?

For testing purposes, I'd set 'em to be just available on any ship right from the start, without any upgrades.... but longer term, maybe if I assigned them to System Override Software?

It's perhaps also worth pointing out here that the setup script entitled 'setup.cycrow.scs.xml' also makes ref. to 'plugin.hotkeymanager.add', but because that file is a .pck and NOT a .xml, I can't look at it in the script editor to see if it's at all related to any of the issues.

To help with this, could someone here(pref. Cycrow but anyone would do) PLEASE give me a link to where I can obtain a .xml version of 'plugin.hotkeymanager.add'? It really would help me out a great deal. To be honest, I wish ALL the scripts were .xml files really.

Anyhow, that's where I am at the moment. The Ware WAS there. Started new game. Gone now. Gonna try and re-attach commands to a Ware that IS in the game.

I'll let you know how I get on.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 11. Jun 12, 15:13

Thraxwhirl wrote:Easiest way to fix this would be to change the scripts so that the hotkey AND the ship commands no longer depend upon installation of [the SCS ware]
Unless Cycrow has other thoughts, you are on the right track, Thraxwhirl.

There are several good scripts on this forum that do not work reliably due to custom wares. As far as I have been able to figure out, there is no reliable way to add custom wares to a running game.
  • (My theory is that the large number of incorrect pointers to old versions of EMP leads many players to have incorrect EMP setups. Lack of documentation, including the PM's implementation of EMP, exacerbates the problem (and some players do not use the PM). Also, EMP changed at some point in time; scripts that use the older EMP wares may not work with current EMP setups. Finally, there is at least one bug in EMP itself -- the Advanced Thruster Control requires a nearly-impossible one million notoriety with the Boron.)
Whatever the reason; the solution is as you suggest: replace the broken custom ware with a standard ware.

In this case, the suggestion to use System Override Software is a good one. However, there are two different SOS wares. You could test for both SOS wares or, more simply, test for Software Signature Scrambler (SSS) instead.

Software Signature Scrambler (SSS) makes SOS software undetectable to police. In the vanilla game, SSS can be purchased at Duke's Headquarters. You could use the setup script to add SSS to some equipment docks (rather than the SCS ware). Then change the tests in the code to SSS.

In addition to the two tests in the code that you have found, there is also a line in the setup script that must be changed to the new ware: "set script command upgrade...". So that makes three lines of code that must be changed.

You do not need the .xml for any script -- you should NOT be using a text editor or xml editor for scripting! Use either the in-game Script Editor or Exscriptor. A proper script editor for X3 is a requirement rather than an option.

You are doing the right thing, Thraxwhirl. Good luck!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Mon, 11. Jun 12, 23:26

Sadly, DrBullwinkle(great name btw, loved the cartoon in my youth), I've tried making the changes and it has had no effect at all. :(

Sadli I'm a little out of my depth here on this one anyway, as I truthfully have only a little bit of experience with scripting, and ALL of that was back in the Reunion days before XTC was released(think XTC came out in 2008?).

Like your good self I agree that it's a shambles with regard to EMP and custom ware installation. Great shame, especially since it worked fine with Reunion.

You'd have thought that by now, knowing how hazardous it is to get custom wares into the game, Egosoft themselves would've written a tool that does it for us, flawlessly.

They CAN'T be unaware of this community's nature, and how vibrantly it thrives on the games' modification, especially considering:

a) the rep they bask in as a progressive, forward-thinking software developer who actively promotes and supporters its modding clientelle

b) look at how much of Terran Conflict was actually created by modders and was part of the X-Tended mod 0.7 for Reunion.

To my mind, this company has an obligation - a duty of care you might say - to assist their most dedicated modders and ensure that their work is well facilitated. And ensuring that custom content inclusion is as smooth as possible SHOULD've been a consideration when the sequel to Reunion was made, ESPECIALLY considering it already worked(Reunion's EMP was fine), and maintaining compatibility with a working tool shouldn't have been left out.

Makes me wonder why Cycrow didn't write THIS scriptset based around System Override Software instead, if this issue with custom wares was known.

Sadly it isn't working for ME, but as I say, my scripting skills were never that strong, and anything to do with t-files, ship commands and hotkeys always proved difficult and confusing for me.

But, Doc, if you think you can clone/adapt the scripts in this set, and get the ship commands and hotkey to function off of a vanilla ware, then by all means give it a go.

I'd certainly welcome a copy if you were willing to share. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”