[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software : V1.21 : 20-01-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 14:57

Botpwned wrote:@Ghost: You might wanna try using the cheat menu and try finding the ware in the list of all wares if you can't find it then it is not installed properly.

okay thank you for the information. then i must install cycrow cheat menü... but its an bug of SCS? Normally all scripts of cycrows are running good. But This.. Cycrow what happened?

*edit*

ok i can find it on ware list and added with cheat script :/
Föderation Vereinter Planeten -=)FVP(=-
Since 1998... join the future! X3-The Sonen
Ghostrider's X-Universum [INDEX]Lucikes Scripts & Mods

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 17:40

Cycrow wrote:
Teladidrone wrote:TY,TY,TY!

Oh, one question - did u fix it so that any of my remote ships can use it to claim an abandoned ship OOS?
If I remember right, that did not work with the X3:R version of your script...
yeah that should be fixed now

hi folks,

i have a problem with remote - it didn't work with any of my ships only playership - is this correct? have somebody the same problems?

thank you :)
Föderation Vereinter Planeten -=)FVP(=-
Since 1998... join the future! X3-The Sonen
Ghostrider's X-Universum [INDEX]Lucikes Scripts & Mods

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 00:47

The Ware Manager link doesn't work anymore.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 01:08

ok fixed the link to the ware manager

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 22:33

Just a short question: is it possible to get the Aran by using this software? Or do I still have to board it by using marines?

A. Corvis

Amduscas
x4

Post by Amduscas » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 12:31

I don't suppose you'd make a lower cost version? Say 500k - 1 mil? Or would that be something easy I could change myself? :?

Oslik
x3tc

Post by Oslik » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 05:07

Sorry for my poor english, but I have question :

I have bought salvage claim soft into one of my small recon ship, and order that ship to claim one abandoned ship in the same sector, but ... order rejected. Even if both ships is near each other.

So, do I something wrong ? Or is that option impossible, and claim is possible only from ship piloted by me ?

Note (for sure) : I´m located in the different ship in the different sector.

Thanks for reply.

Oslik
x3tc

Post by Oslik » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 05:11

Amduscas wrote:I don't suppose you'd make a lower cost version? Say 500k - 1 mil? Or would that be something easy I could change myself? :?
why ? That upgrade is so great advantage, that 4m is still very good prize.

By the way, you can get 4m from few claimed ships and quick get your money back - from safety of your ship and without ilegal ware onboard.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 08:21

Alright I'm moderately irritated now and I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. I have tried both the stable and beta version of plugin manager and re-downloaded this plugin twice, all with no effect. I do not see any ware for use in the cheat menu or for sale on any Teladi ED's so I'm at a loss to explain it. Thoughts?

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 11:12

I had the same problem too. The software just wouldn't show up ingame. So I changed the script to use one of the vanilla existing but non used wares and altered the TWareT file to adjust the price to about 600k credits (price for System Override Software).
The last part is what Cycrow tries to do automatically by using his plugin manager to create a new TWareT file with additional entries but it just doesn't work for me. The ware was in the file but it wasn't used by the setup script.

Cycrows Advanced Jumpdrive uses his TWareT file too and works fine for me so there must be something wrong with the Salvage Claim script.

beentothefuture

Post by beentothefuture » Thu, 7. Apr 11, 07:11

I've installed the mod, found the product, and purchased it. The problem is that it is in my cargo bay, not in my installed software. I can't use it. How do I install it?

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 09:11

Hmmm, I've always run this in the past, but can't get it to work now.

I'm running the 1.4 release version of the plugin manager.

The Salvage Claim Software doesn't show up in teladi docks, nor is it in the cheat pack equipment list.

The regular system override software/etc doesn't work on larger ships, which is where I particularly want this. I've never enjoyed the whole marine boarding thing - it never works out well for me. Either my own incompetence, bugs, or whatever else, it's just so much more of a hassle than it's worth.

As I'm certainly not alone in being unable to get this working, there's either a bug in the script itself or in an interaction with something else. Any ideas?

I just want to remove the cheat pack, because I always succumb to temptation sooner or later if I leave it installed to use it to take ownership of abandoned ships.

All-a-Mort
x3tc

Post by All-a-Mort » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 14:17

Experiencing a minor installation issue with the plugin. Using Cycrow plugin manager as required and with the other prequisite plugins installed I am finding when installing the plugin it lists the following files as not being installed for some reason. NB. Initially it installed fine, but having uninstalled the plugin via Plugin manager, it does this on re-installation:

Scripts/Setup.cycrow.scs.xml
Scripts/plugin.scs.claim.xml
Scripts/plugin.scs.cmd.check.xml
Scripts/Plugin.scs.cmd.preload.xml
Scripts/Plugin.scs.cmd.xml
Scripts/Plugin.scs.valid.xml
T/9603-L044.xml
T/9603-L049.xml
PluginManager/Graphics/scs.jpg

Second question...
Looking at the now available mods for TC (been a year or more since I last played it) I thought I'd add TECSG's Salvage software as well, but this wouldn't install without missing files. Is there any likely conflict with Cycrow's mod?

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 23:41

So the trouble I'm having seems like a combination of the folks ahead of me.

1. It doesn't show up at Teladi equipment docks.
2. It is not in the list of equipment for cheating.
3. It IS in the list of WARES for cheating
4. It installs as cargo, size L, with a volume of 4
5. It DOES give you the "claim nearby ships" or whatever in the piracy menu.

Does this help any? I don't mind getting it through cheats, but I'd rather like to buy it properly.

Wintersdark
x4

Post by Wintersdark » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 01:43

Ooooh, it's in the normal wares section, not equipment? Well, that'll help enormously at least. Thanks for finding that :)

Hopefully, Cycrow will peek in and fix SCS, but at least being able to manually add it to your ship will do the job for the time being.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:27

yeah no added wares will show up as equipment, its just a limitation of the game engine.

this is true of both custom wares and EMP, nothing can be done about that unfortuatlly.

not sure y its not showing up in the docks thou, i will have to look into that.

as for not in the equipment menu, again this is the same limitation as before, the cheat scripts dont see the equipment flag on the ware, as there isn't one

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:36

Cycrow wrote:yeah no added wares will show up as equipment, its just a limitation of the game engine.

this is true of both custom wares and EMP, nothing can be done about that unfortuatlly. ...
But what about the Energygenerator Upgrade (sorry, can't find the english thread at the moment)? It is a software, it shows up as equipment at the Torus and at the ship it's installed as you can see here.

A. Corvis

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:40

its not a custom ware nor EMP, its a built in ware

only built in wares, ie wares that exist in the original Wares files, can show up as equipment.

there are a few unused built in wares that scripts can use.

they are generally reserved for bonus pack scripts, so any other scripts using them could become incompatable with the bonus pack

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 15:48

Ahh, again what learned :D

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 00:10

Oh, I forgot number 6.

6. DON'T try to cheat it onto a ship that cannot carry size L cargo. It will cause the game to crash.

:D

-Q

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”