[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software : V1.21 : 20-01-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 18. Jan 10, 22:46

yeah thats the one thing the plugin manager cant do, it wont read the files in the folders so it'll just replace it with its own.

if you have have any normal mods running, then it might be easier just to add your modified files to a normal mod and enable it in the normal way.

this would mean ur files will always be used over any fake patches u might have, and wont interfer with the plugin managers file.

if you use the X3 Editor to mod your files, then it can read/write files inside mods just the same as if they were in folders

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 20. Jan 10, 18:37

Updated to 1.21.

this should fix the problem with the Wares and Texts

Best used with the latest RC of the Plugin Manager Lite, 1.10 RC3

mrbooks

Post by mrbooks » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 17:47

Hi Cycrow, :)
First I wish to say I appreciate all you've done to expand the X Universe. I really really do! My question: Are there significant differences in X3R ships versus X3TC ship packages? I dont doubt the likelyhood in the larger ships or stations that can be boarded, but what about the smaller ships? Can a X3R ship package be loaded into an X3TC game? I had some cool star trek ship models and I'm bummed it doesnt seem I can have my own Voyager in X3TC. -Mrbooks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 20:47

there are some differences between X3R and TC ships, the main one being the weapons the ship/turrets can use, as the games have different weapons, using a ship set to X3R weapons might end up having a strange weapon set in TC.

the new XSP files can store weapon masks for both games however, and the XSP Converter allows you to convert the old xsp files to use this, and set the weapons masks for each games.

ships from either game can be loaded however, just make sure ur using the latest version of the plugin manager lite

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 22:49

Im having some problems getting this plugin to work. Im using all the latest versions, and im seeing the Salvage Claim Software in the Station Info (although for 4,512,076), but when I try to buy it I dont see it.

Am I forgetting something?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 16:10

did it appear to buy it, ie, did you money go down, etc ?

perhaps your looking in the wrong place for it ?
it should be in the shields cargo hold, in the freight list

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 16:52

No, what I mean is. I can't even buy it. It's not in the list of stuff I can buy. If I look at the station list itself, I can see it for 4 million+ , but if I then want to trade, it's not in the list of items to trade.

RLHDLW
x3tc

Post by RLHDLW » Sun, 14. Mar 10, 01:14

I have reinstalled X3TC 2.5 and also re-installed latest versions of all scripts I had before.
Only thing that doesn't work yet is Salvage Claim Software. I see "SS-Ware_NEW_9" both in my ships and in Teladi EDs (~95k), but it is dysfunctional.
RLHDLW
red' net, spui

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 15:02

Ditto. Here's a quick fix that gives System Override Software the same functionality. Find what looks similar and only change what I've put in bold:

in setup.cycrow.scs
* $ware = [THIS]->call script 'plugin.manager.getware' : ID='SS_WARE_CY_SCS'
$ware = {System Override Software 5773}

if $ware
$text = read text: page=$page.id id=1

...snip...

$eq = {Equipment Dock 2075}
* = [THIS]->call script 'plugin.waremanager.add' : a.stationType=$eq a.race={Teladi} a.ware=$ware a.amount=-1 a.maintain=[TRUE]
end
return null

There's also a bug (from what I can tell) that speed is never 0 OOS. Since I'm jumping a chocaro around to snag stuff whilst lazily reclining in my TL's Comfy Chair(tm) I did this to plugin.scs.valid to fix the script OOC:

* $Speed = $target->get current speed
* skip if $Speed == 0
* return [FALSE]

return [TRUE]

FYI, as far as what's causing the ware issue, I can't find 'SS_WARE_CY_SCS' in the TWareT.pck in plugin manager's dat file.

Uzza
x3tc

Post by Uzza » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 21:01

Hello, I have an issue with this script when combined with the Military Base Response revamp script.

If I use the Salvage Claim Software while being too close to one of ships created by that script, they will see it as an illegal act and turn red to me.

I'm not sure if it's your script or the other, but it's annoying when I want to salvage ships in claimed space.

Other than that I just love this. Claimed a Kha'ak Destroyer by combining SCS with the NPC Bailing Addon. :twisted:

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Mon, 10. May 10, 15:37

Hi,

I've a question for you, Cycrow:

Will it work when I'll set the name ID of one of unused software and replace the ID of it in those scripts?

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Mon, 24. May 10, 15:25

Wares Manger is what behind the link...
Can it be fixed?

Wilson-MG-
x4

Post by Wilson-MG- » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 07:52

corbosman wrote:No, what I mean is. I can't even buy it. It's not in the list of stuff I can buy. If I look at the station list itself, I can see it for 4 million+ , but if I then want to trade, it's not in the list of items to trade.
I'm having the same issue.

EDIT: TECSG informed me his Suite salvages cap ships and it's working for me.

If I uninstall this script using the plugin manager I shouldn't have to go back to an older savegame, correct?

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 02:10

Hello all,

sorry i've some trouble .... i can't find SCS on any teladi equipment docks ... where is my mistake?

I know this script from X3R and its run good..but now? plz.. help and sorry my bad english ;)
Föderation Vereinter Planeten -=)FVP(=-
Since 1998... join the future! X3-The Sonen
Ghostrider's X-Universum [INDEX]Lucikes Scripts & Mods

Botpwned
x3tc

Post by Botpwned » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 06:14

@Ghost: You might wanna try using the cheat menu and try finding the ware in the list of all wares if you can't find it then it is not installed properly.
If your best is not good enough why even try?
SEE THIS, SEE THIS!!! YOU BEEN TROLLED!

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 14:57

Botpwned wrote:@Ghost: You might wanna try using the cheat menu and try finding the ware in the list of all wares if you can't find it then it is not installed properly.

okay thank you for the information. then i must install cycrow cheat menü... but its an bug of SCS? Normally all scripts of cycrows are running good. But This.. Cycrow what happened?

*edit*

ok i can find it on ware list and added with cheat script :/

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 17:40

Cycrow wrote:
Teladidrone wrote:TY,TY,TY!

Oh, one question - did u fix it so that any of my remote ships can use it to claim an abandoned ship OOS?
If I remember right, that did not work with the X3:R version of your script...
yeah that should be fixed now

hi folks,

i have a problem with remote - it didn't work with any of my ships only playership - is this correct? have somebody the same problems?

thank you :)

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 00:47

The Ware Manager link doesn't work anymore.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 01:08

ok fixed the link to the ware manager

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 22:33

Just a short question: is it possible to get the Aran by using this software? Or do I still have to board it by using marines?

A. Corvis

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”