[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software : V1.21 : 20-01-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software : V1.21 : 20-01-2010

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 22:42

Ship upgrade to allow you to easily claim ships from the safety of your cockpit.

Image Salvage Claim Software : V1.21

:idea: Requires: Plugin Manager Lite

It also requires the Ware manager for the new plugin manager
Download it Here
===========================================

To use the software, first you need to buy it from all good teladi space equipment docks.

Once installed, there is a hotkey you can use if you target a claimable ship within 5km.

Otherwise, you can use the ship command from the piracy menu to select a ship to claim. If the ship is further than 5km, then you will fly to the ship and claim it.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sat, 11. Sep 21, 18:11, edited 7 times in total.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:02

How is this different from System Override Software?
Rawr.

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Post by ITFUncleDave » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:08

It's not Illegal :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:09

its the same as System Override Mk2 that i made for X3R

Its not illegeal, you can claim from upto 5km away and the autopilot and fly and claim to any ship outside range.

so you can use any of your ships to claim as well

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:59

TY,TY,TY!

Oh, one question - did u fix it so that any of my remote ships can use it to claim an abandoned ship OOS?
If I remember right, that did not work with the X3:R version of your script...

Zippe
x4

Post by Zippe » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:30

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:51

Teladidrone wrote:TY,TY,TY!

Oh, one question - did u fix it so that any of my remote ships can use it to claim an abandoned ship OOS?
If I remember right, that did not work with the X3:R version of your script...
yeah that should be fixed now

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:52

Zippe wrote:German Textfile for Version 1.00:

http://www.speedshare.org/download.php?id=5F4ED3B212
Thanks, i've included it in the spk file now

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:53

I've installed this as per instructions and I've looked in both Ceo's Buckzoid and Seizewell and neither equipment dock stocks it. Is this just me? What could be wrong?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:59

did you also download the plugin manager scripts and extract them into the script directory ?

also in the plugin manager, make sure custom wares are enabled

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:24

Cycrow wrote:did you also download the plugin manager scripts and extract them into the script directory ?

Custom wares are enabled (as default).

I'm pretty certain I've got it right with the plugin manager scripts. I had to do the installation several times.

After it didnt work the first time I tried to reinstall and the plugin manager kept crashing at 99.7%, and the script didn't appear in the list when restarting plugin manager.

Another time I tried to reinstall it didn't crash or anything and I went into the game and all the upgrades in the Ceo's Buckzoid ED had no name and most had 0 price (!).

So I uninstalled the script, then reinstalled plugin manager, then started up the game again just in case there is some uninstall script or something. Then I did the process again - replaced the plugin manager scripts from the rar and installed the spk. And that's where I'm at now, with no SCS ware at the EDs, the same as my first attempt.

All these problems make me think it's maybe an isolated issue on my game. It would be good if someone can confirm that it works for them, then I know to keep playing around.

I am running Vista x64, if that makes a difference. The plugin manager does crash every time I close it, but the scripts always still work.

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 03:16

Ahha, I've been looking for this. I've many fond memories of the X3R version of screaming past derelicts with thrusters on and a hoard of xenon/pirates/khaak behind me.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 04:47

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Cycrow wrote:did you also download the plugin manager scripts and extract them into the script directory ?

Custom wares are enabled (as default).

I'm pretty certain I've got it right with the plugin manager scripts. I had to do the installation several times.

After it didnt work the first time I tried to reinstall and the plugin manager kept crashing at 99.7%, and the script didn't appear in the list when restarting plugin manager.

Another time I tried to reinstall it didn't crash or anything and I went into the game and all the upgrades in the Ceo's Buckzoid ED had no name and most had 0 price (!).

So I uninstalled the script, then reinstalled plugin manager, then started up the game again just in case there is some uninstall script or something. Then I did the process again - replaced the plugin manager scripts from the rar and installed the spk. And that's where I'm at now, with no SCS ware at the EDs, the same as my first attempt.

All these problems make me think it's maybe an isolated issue on my game. It would be good if someone can confirm that it works for them, then I know to keep playing around.

I am running Vista x64, if that makes a difference. The plugin manager does crash every time I close it, but the scripts always still work.

No I can verify this problem.. Same here. Command shows in menu but no software to buy or install. It is not listed in the master ware list in game so cannot even install with a script for testing. Hotkey command does not appear in options either.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 09:48

Things of note:

1. This script seems to require plugin manager scripts.
2. Those scripts are currently <engineversion>33 which means they don't load (i ununistalled and reinstalled beta 4.)
3. Setting then to "41" didn't fix anything, because setup script uses a page id (9001) that doesn't exist.

Most likely plugin manager scripts haven't been updated, or reinstalls don't update those scripts. I see the custom ware in plugin manager, but not in the actual game.

BTW same problem here

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:41

jimhsu77479 wrote:Things of note:

1. This script seems to require plugin manager scripts.
2. Those scripts are currently <engineversion>33 which means they don't load (i ununistalled and reinstalled beta 4.)
3. Setting then to "41" didn't fix anything, because setup script uses a page id (9001) that doesn't exist.

Most likely plugin manager scripts haven't been updated, or reinstalls don't update those scripts. I see the custom ware in plugin manager, but not in the actual game.

BTW same problem here
is that the downloaded scripts from the first page, or the ones that were included in the plugin manager ?

the ones that are currently included are for X3, which is y i put up a seperate download.

for the ware problem, if its not in the game, then its a problem with the custom ware, check the TC directory and see if there is a 05.cat/dat file there

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:47

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:53

it sounds like a problem with the custom wares feature of the plugin manager. Althou it seemed to work fine for me.

u could check for the highest number cat/dat files. Mostl ikly will be 05. This should be the plugin manager file with the TWares inside.

if you could send this to me i could analyse it and see whats gone wrong

EDIT: i should mention, when was the last time you download the plugin manager, there was an update, BETA 3, that fixed the custom wares, so if u havn't updated it since then, that might be the problem. I would suggest redownloading and reinstall the plugin manager, to make sure u do have the latest version

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 19:37

WORKS!

Steps taken
1. Made sure plugin manager was updated (used the setup file with MD5 = 6DD5A07E449CB8AC0028102A95099E99)
2. Replaced scripts with pluginmanager scripts on 1st page
3. Uninstalled, reinstalled the script
4. Verified mod file has TWares (since I have a fake patch before, my mod file is 06.cat)
5. Checked wares list in game and it comes up.

I probably screwed up before somewhere between step 2 and 3.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 19:41

if u had Beta 2 or earlier for the plugin manager. Then when it when to create the wares files, it wouldn't have been able to open the old TWares files, so it ends up trying to add the wares onto a file it hasn't properly extracted.

basically this ends up removing all tech wares from the game as the game cant read the file correctly.

it *should* work if your using the latest version

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 20:15

I can confirm it does indeed work following jimhsu77479. Good news! Now I can start on my salvager scripts - really didn't want to have to use SOS illegal version.

Bloody expensive, though! I remember it was expensive in X3R, but that was an EMP restriction if I remember correctly. Double the price of SOS makes more sense, or perhaps the same/slightly higher price than SOS + Software Signature Scrambler/Cargo Bay Shielding combined. Not that big a deal, though.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”