[SCRIPT] Community Configuration Menu : V1.51 : 03/01/2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Will scripters find this useful ?

Yes
87%
No
1%
Dont Care
12%

Total votes: 672

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 22:15

none of those use the plugin configuration, so there wont be anything for it to display.

what was you expecting to happen ?

also, you dont need the fake patch for EMP, its included in the plugin manager already

TimVukman
x3tc

Post by TimVukman » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 22:43

I thought there was a setup menu for the advanced boarding that allows you to set parameters like NPCs on the target ship.

I guess I was looking for the community plugin configuration.

The instructions said that a screen would open for setup options when the hotkey was pressed.

As I missing a script?

I get nothing when I press the hotkey assigned to plugin configuration in the controls.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 22:50

thats my Improved Boarding script

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219597

it uses the plugin configuration to allow you to set it up, but you need both installed for it to work

the community plugin config is just a library script, by itself it doesn't do anything, but it allows other scripts to use it and create config options

TimVukman
x3tc

Post by TimVukman » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 23:39

Hi:

That's what I thought I loaded. I followed the link that you included and it was the page I started from in the first place.

I downloaded all of the items in the list and I think I have them all working.

I do not get the plugin configuration screen that is shown on this link.

That's what I am trying to solve.

Is there more to install than what is on this link?

Thanks

Tim

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 00:27

did u make sure u downloaded and installed the main download, its that download button above the others

it should show up in the plugin manager as, Improved Boarding, when its installed

TimVukman
x3tc

Post by TimVukman » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 00:49

Cycrow:

Do you mean that big DOWNLOAD that is ........

I was wondering if I should fill out the nomination form for the dumbest question ever asked, or if you would perhaps save me some of the humiliation by filling it out for me.

I can't believe that I took that to be a header above the items that I needed to download.

While not likely to be enough, in my defense, did I mention that this is the first script that I have ever tried to load and......

Ok, just stupid.

I am so sorry for wasting your time.

Let me find something here I can beat myself with.

Thanks for your patience.

Tim

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 15:16

Hi Cycrow,
I have a help question concerning your Community Plugin Configuration.

It seems not to be working properly for me (tho i'm 99% sure its my
fault).

I cant find a way to attach it from my pc and i cant upload it (or dont know how to), so i am copying it here:

Plugin Configurations
------------------------------------
Cycrow: Equipment Research and Developement
Workshops Configuration

Improved Boarding Settings

Whatever of these i press, i hear a beep the menu flashes for a second and nothing else happens.
Just so u know, i executed all the installation instructions, so its not likely the problem's there. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 16:16

looks like you are only running 2.1 of the game.

it requires 2.5 to work correctly

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 20:53

So i'm right!!! - it IS my fault!

Sorry about that, i swear i downloaded the patch and ran it, something must have gone wrong with it. Well, gonna do it again now.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Do i have to reinstall the scripts/mods after updating? :?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 21:17

no the installed scripts/mods should be fine, althou i would suggest opening the plugin manager once after installing the patch.

incase theres any files it needs to create, it will then create them from the new files from the patch

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 21:30

Cool, will do, thanks.

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 01:00

For some reason i'm getting alot of readtext 7000+ lines coming up. I know this is all in reference to the config menu, the menu itself works fine just none of the menu headers work. Tried redownloading it but still the same. Anyone know where i can find the relevant files to fix this issue?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 20:34

Quick Question.

If I create a set of commands in the Command Queue.
Save it in game

Can that script file be extracted from the game save file to be used in another gamestart?

otherwords

To place in a new game and be able to change-modify that?
or would I have to redo all the commands again within the new game?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 29. Mar 10, 07:13

had to reload after a major failure..

Reloaded from scratch.. (Win 7 OS)

Now I get read 7000-1 text for the plugin manager?

I have the EMP enabled
All installed thru spk files using the lite version

any reason for this..??

The Plugin manager , hotkeys and the other manadatory script needed for the jumpdrive were the first installed.
(jumpdrive works great)

Would this stop the Command Queueing from working also?
Can't even start a new queue at all.
Or should I ask this question in the correct thread?

StationX
x4

Post by StationX » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 00:03

Hi there,

Whenever I attempt to use the Ecliptic Projector, which i missed and got from here;

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 625f435627

The plugin configuration menu displays; "ReadText7000-7" for all of the variables concerned with the Improved Boarding : V1.22 : 17-01-2010 settings.

StationX
x4

Post by StationX » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 02:29

Hi there,
Just so you all know, this problem was almost resolved for me from the German Ecliptic Projector Forum;

HK250472 wrote: "@StationX

Your trouble is that the Comunity Plugin Config and the Ecliptic projector both use t-File 7000. What i did was change the Comunity Plugin to 7010. Now everything works fine.

To do that you have to edit init.community.config.xml and change 7000 to 7010 2 times in the script. After that open the t-file from CPC, edit the 7000 in that file and save the file as 7010-L044.xml.
Now you can install the Ecliptic projector and it should work.

greetings"
However this did not work for me, then I changed the above files to 7020 and 7020-L044.xml respectively and it did work :), Once then not again, oh well!

:heuldoch:

StationX
x4

Post by StationX » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 15:23

Hi, I now have it fixed!!! :)

It took quite a bit of studying for me as I am no experienced game modder and it ended up taking me all night to get it sussed, but finally it is fully operational and working consistently with Cycrows Community Configuration and Improved Boarding menus.

As Cycrows scripts are official and there are two of them involved I thought it would be better to change the ecliptic projector. This involved six changes in total involving three files.

I did the changes to the Ecliptic projector files before I put them into the X3TC directory so that it is always ready for re-installing (no worries if you have the original backed up).

In the scripts folder extract the file setup.plugin.ecliptic.projector.pck you can use either Winrar or doubleshadows X3 MOD Manager to do this. It will have no file extension or be a txt file after you've done it. Open it with notepad and change the 2 instances of 7000 to 7020 (apparently an unused page ID).
Now save the file and then change the extension to name it setup.plugin.ecliptic.projector.xml. Use this file to replace the old .pck file which you must now delete.
In the t folder extract both the files; 7000-L044.pck and 7000-L049.pck Again edit them each one having one instance of 7000 to be changed to 7020 and then re-name the files to 7020-L044.xml and 7020-L049.xml respectively. Again delete the old ones (or you can re-name them all to *.bck if you want to keep them here.)

Now just install the files as usual and it should work, well it does for me so far.

Cheers :)

cnordskog
x3tc

Post by cnordskog » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 10:45

Hi, im having a problem with assigning this mod a hotkey. cant find where to assign it or how to assign it, i have the script editor on, i have checked the "controlls" menues but cant find the community configuration thingy there, i do find the hotkey thingy for the Cheat script that i have installed also made by Cyrow, I also have the improved boarding by cyrow and ware manager by cyrow and some other scripts, are there perhaps any scripts causing a conflict?

I am not very skilled with modding and x3 tc in general.

oh btw i have the latest version of X3 TC and the latest version of said scripts.

its probably my fault.... :cry:

bump

GTAVC
x4

Post by GTAVC » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 13:58

I have a Problem:

ReadText7000-1

and, in the Menue, I can choose a script, but then are only empty pages.
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 04:05

I've installed this due to the npc bailling addon script, yet I can't figure out how to open this menu? :oops: :?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”