[SCRIPT] Community Configuration Menu : V1.51 : 03/01/2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Will scripters find this useful ?

Yes
87%
No
1%
Dont Care
12%

Total votes: 672

NOValdemar
xr

Post by NOValdemar » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 00:31

Transient Energy wrote:Found a work around there's a .zip of 1.30 here http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

I can use Logains PM now, putting that Aran I found to good use :D
Hey thanks so much for the info! Finally a good zip version!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 01:19

New Update: 1.50

Allows a few extra options, like number selection, specific input type, custom sections

TarlGor
x3tc

Post by TarlGor » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 04:40

Installed the Custom Config Menu (required for some scripts). Then realized that in order to set some of the script settings (MBBR, etc.), it was telling me to bring up the config menu.

So, I went into game control settings, and sure enough, there was the config menu waiting for me to assign it a hot key (as your instructions stated : )

So, I did some googling, but came up with no good info on how to assign hot keys to a control. Or, good examples of what hot keys (or, I guess combos of keys) to use or not to use.

Therefore, any good suggestions on a hot key for the custom config menu? I know it sounds like a really dumb simple question, but, I'm kind of a dumb simple person (really, it's amazing I can even play this awesome game : )

Thanks for any help,

Tarl

direwolf24
x3tc

Post by direwolf24 » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 12:40

I cant seem to get community plugin configuration to work with hotkey manager, i have successfully been using npc bailing addon in AP, however if i enable hotkey manager, the option in controls disappears for plugin configuration altogether. i have also tried equipment research and dev with the same result, i am using the auto downloaded versions of both that support AP, ver 1.41 and 1.11 respectively. i have also tried disabling all other mods but the one im trying to get working and hotkey mgr and plugin config. the only way to get the plugin config hotkey option to show up in the controls area is to disable hotkey manager.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 13:09

if you have the Bonus Pack for AP installed, it included an updated hotkey manager.

so you could use this one instead.

althou the TC one should technically work as well

direwolf24
x3tc

Post by direwolf24 » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 15:12

the most up to date plugin manager seems to have the one your referring to automatically, it auto enables/installs regardless of uninstalling/disabling on each launch, i tried the bonus pack with the same results. i have fully reinstalled ap and deleted all scrips with the same effect.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 03:20

Updated to 1.51

Fixes saving values in custom menus (turbo boosters priority)

Also tested and fully working in AP

for AP, make sure you have the 1.20 AP version of the hotkey manager installed and remove the old one if its still listed

Gmillz98
x3tc

Post by Gmillz98 » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 04:45

I am trying to add this to my game, but the plugin manager wont open the archive. Or am I doing something wrong?

edit: actually I just saw on the plugin manager that i have it installed already without even knowing it.....funny lol

Ook
x3tc

Post by Ook » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 01:46

for AP, make sure you have the 1.20 AP version of the hotkey manager installed and remove the old one if its still listed
The Advanced Jumpdrive & Advanced Navigation software wont enable if the old Hotkey manager isn't installed.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 10:15

Ook wrote:
The Advanced Jumpdrive & Advanced Navigation software wont enable if the old Hotkey manager isn't installed.
The old version is now at 1.21 and includes both tc and ap versions. So the ap version is not obsolete

Yushatak

Post by Yushatak » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 23:49

From what I can tell (I'm pretty new to X and even newer to X modding) this is broken for 2.0 - I'd assume another cause for the hotkey assigned not working, but I see some screen elements (mouseover captions) blink when I hit the assigned keys, so that's working, and the plugin says for AP 1.0 when you double-click on it.

I could be wrong, but I don't have too many mods installed:

XRM
NPC Bailing Addon 1.7.8
Salvage Commands and NPCs 1.5
- This Mod - 1.51
Hotkey Manager 1.21
JSON parser library 1.2 (surprised it hasn't needed an update since 2010)
Ware Manager 1.10
ADS
ECS
Pirate Guild
XTended Galactic News System
Yaki Armada

And that's it.. if anyone knows anything that might conflict lemme know, otherwise it would be nice if I could configure the bailing plugin so I can't just gather ships like nobody's business and get rich easy. :P

Edit: I disabled ADS, ECS, and the News System and now it works. I couldn't get those working right anyway, so not a loss for me ATM. Hotkey Manager conflict, I'm guessing now.
~Yushatak
www.yushatak.com
www.youtube.com/yushatak
(I'm a partner doing LP)

nankura
x3tc

Post by nankura » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 12:38

will this work with AP?

Flori91
x4

Post by Flori91 » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 11:32

How did you diable the Hotkey manager?
I can't disable it and i can't uninstall it.
If i try to disable it or uninstall it and close the Pugin Manager and start it again, the Hotkey Manager is still Installed and Enabled.
I've got this problem since the last Plugin Manager update and i Don't know how to configure the bailing addon else.
Can someone help me please

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 16:17

I had this installed and it works great, however, with AP 2.5, it doesn't show up anymore, the hotkey for it is gone, and I can't even find it to assign a new hotkey.

Edit: Anyone know if this is related to the Plugin Manager problem that others are having?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 20:42

try updating the plugin manager again to get the 1.91 spk libraries then reinstall

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 01:57

Cascinova wrote:I had this installed and it works great, however, with AP 2.5, it doesn't show up anymore, the hotkey for it is gone, and I can't even find it to assign a new hotkey.

Edit: Anyone know if this is related to the Plugin Manager problem that others are having?
Same here. Having some time to play AP for the first time I installed just to have a look at it. At first run everything worked fine, next time I started the hotkey for it was gone though the rest of the other packages that use it was there. So I could set the keys for their configuration menus separately though that would pretty much defeat the purpose of this mod/script.

I wonder if the Hotkey Manager purge script removes this hotkey? That would be odd. I could always just go to the script editor and run the CCM manually, but that again defeats the purpose of both the HotKey Manager and the CCM.

Speaking about Plugin Manager, that one some times installs double-zipped files. Like a .pck with a zipped file inside instead of a raw XML. So you have to unzip the .pck, then the next file and then you get the XML. Not all packages are affected though. But this has nothing to do with this really, because I've checked and the files I am using are proper.

gstyler34
x4

need help with the comunity plugin configuration

Post by gstyler34 » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 13:37

Hi everybody.

im not that good yet with scripts, my question is: how do i set a hotkey to open the menue? do i need to enable the scripy console?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 13:45

Please always ask questions regarding a script/mod in its respective topic.

*merged*
how do i set a hotkey to open the menue?
In the ingame Options menu under Controls -> Interface -> Extensions you should be able to assign a hotkey to open the Community configuration menu.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

gstyler34
x4

Post by gstyler34 » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 14:08

Thanks for the help

StarHiker

Post by StarHiker » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 05:52

Hey the community config plugin is a great step in the right direction.
Sure makes the game mods that use it play better.

I have not tried my hand at any form of programming since 1985, so please excuse my lack of terminology.

But i have a suggestion:

As i understand it you use a key bind to invoke the Plugin config Menu.
so could you add a virtual keyboard that could be accessed by both script writers and users, and called when needed within said program.

This could be added to the Current Options which are available to use.
And may even replace the 3rd option.

1-Boolean: Simply On/Off options, selecting it disables or enables the option
2-Cycle: Can have any number of values, when selecting, cycles through all available values
3-Select: Can have any number of values, when selecting, a menu options with all values that can be selected

3-A:(Virtual Keyboard) with a multiple Hot Key VIRTUAL binding array,
the array of which is connected to each Script ID that calls it making settings for each Mod separate.
This could show an Actual Virtual Keyboard alongside the Mod setup Menu Window in Game,
that could be used to setup the Mod for either the Scriptwriter or the user.

So then a User would only bind "P" in Game, to call the CPC,
then enter an bind whatever he needs for that Mod, with Unlimited Hot Keys for each Mod (Under it's unique ID).

There may also be a in Game Side bar generated on the right of the screen via "P" Toggle on/off,
where all the active mods can be accessed directly or at least Current settings can be viewed.

If done this would forever end the problem of juggling Mods an Hot keys on a Packed Key Board.

Thanks Cycrow for helping to make this game enjoyable again.
Anything you can think of is Possible, only that which you can not Conceive is Impossible

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”