[SCRIPT] Community Configuration Menu : V1.51 : 03/01/2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Will scripters find this useful ?

Yes
87%
No
1%
Dont Care
12%

Total votes: 672

StationX
x4

Post by StationX » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 02:29

Hi there,
Just so you all know, this problem was almost resolved for me from the German Ecliptic Projector Forum;

HK250472 wrote: "@StationX

Your trouble is that the Comunity Plugin Config and the Ecliptic projector both use t-File 7000. What i did was change the Comunity Plugin to 7010. Now everything works fine.

To do that you have to edit init.community.config.xml and change 7000 to 7010 2 times in the script. After that open the t-file from CPC, edit the 7000 in that file and save the file as 7010-L044.xml.
Now you can install the Ecliptic projector and it should work.

greetings"
However this did not work for me, then I changed the above files to 7020 and 7020-L044.xml respectively and it did work :), Once then not again, oh well!

:heuldoch:

StationX
x4

Post by StationX » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 15:23

Hi, I now have it fixed!!! :)

It took quite a bit of studying for me as I am no experienced game modder and it ended up taking me all night to get it sussed, but finally it is fully operational and working consistently with Cycrows Community Configuration and Improved Boarding menus.

As Cycrows scripts are official and there are two of them involved I thought it would be better to change the ecliptic projector. This involved six changes in total involving three files.

I did the changes to the Ecliptic projector files before I put them into the X3TC directory so that it is always ready for re-installing (no worries if you have the original backed up).

In the scripts folder extract the file setup.plugin.ecliptic.projector.pck you can use either Winrar or doubleshadows X3 MOD Manager to do this. It will have no file extension or be a txt file after you've done it. Open it with notepad and change the 2 instances of 7000 to 7020 (apparently an unused page ID).
Now save the file and then change the extension to name it setup.plugin.ecliptic.projector.xml. Use this file to replace the old .pck file which you must now delete.
In the t folder extract both the files; 7000-L044.pck and 7000-L049.pck Again edit them each one having one instance of 7000 to be changed to 7020 and then re-name the files to 7020-L044.xml and 7020-L049.xml respectively. Again delete the old ones (or you can re-name them all to *.bck if you want to keep them here.)

Now just install the files as usual and it should work, well it does for me so far.

Cheers :)

cnordskog
x3tc

Post by cnordskog » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 10:45

Hi, im having a problem with assigning this mod a hotkey. cant find where to assign it or how to assign it, i have the script editor on, i have checked the "controlls" menues but cant find the community configuration thingy there, i do find the hotkey thingy for the Cheat script that i have installed also made by Cyrow, I also have the improved boarding by cyrow and ware manager by cyrow and some other scripts, are there perhaps any scripts causing a conflict?

I am not very skilled with modding and x3 tc in general.

oh btw i have the latest version of X3 TC and the latest version of said scripts.

its probably my fault.... :cry:

bump

GTAVC
x4

Post by GTAVC » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 13:58

I have a Problem:

ReadText7000-1

and, in the Menue, I can choose a script, but then are only empty pages.
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 04:05

I've installed this due to the npc bailling addon script, yet I can't figure out how to open this menu? :oops: :?

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 23:44

-To install the shipyard pack extract the contents to a temporary folder. Copy all scripts into the X3TC "Scripts" director, or install the SPK version via the plugin manager. Run X3TC and load your game. Go to OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY > ARTIFICIAL LIFE SETTINGS and switch the SRM Shipyard Pack on. Then you need to go into the Community Plugin Configuration Menu (via a hotkey - see the CPC thread), and turn on the features you require.
Don't know what this 'hotkey' for CPC is, but I have followed the installation instructions and SRM is [ON] but CPC ....... ????? There is no option for a hotkey that I can find and no option for accessing the Configuration Menu for turning on\off features. Id installed everything else fine up to this.....

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sat, 30. Apr 11, 00:55

Well I've noticed that following my post for help in guidance, there have been a few posts previous that have not been answered. I know that to the super-brainiacs who develop these scripts ( I am a proffesional IT guy myself, but no major developer) we are mere, well just mere... But an answer would be respectable.

I installed the updates to 3.1
I installed SRM 1.6
I installed Cockpits
I installled SSRP
I installed SRP
Now lies my problem with this as according to the installation instructions I have to go into the CPC Menu via a Hotkey.......
Cant find CPC, cant find a menu and no mention of what the hotkey is. As usual instructions are not given with the user considered!!!!

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Sat, 30. Apr 11, 03:21

The CPC Menu hotkey has to be defined by the user, in the Interface section of the Controls menu. Like all script-added hotkeys, it will appear at the bottom of the list if properly installed.

NOValdemar
xr

Post by NOValdemar » Sun, 15. May 11, 03:23

Hey Cycrow, Any chance you could upload an Zip version of this? I cant seem to unpack the SPK with your otherwise very useful SPK mac tool.

Dont know if there is something Im doing wrong but every so often some SPK's just wont unpack. Any ideas? Would be great to be able to install some of the scripts that require this as a base!

Thanks for the awesome work regardless!

Ps this is what the tool says when I try and open the script the normal way...

Opening SPK File, /Users/Valdemar/Downloads/CommunityPluginConfiguration-V1.41-17.01.2010.spk... (Error)
Unable to open the SPK file, /Users/Valdemar/Downloads/CommunityPluginConfiguration-V1.41-17.01.2010.spk
valdemars-macbook-pro:~ Valdemar$

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. May 11, 06:11

yeah the problem is that the spk tools for mac are based on the original version, so any new packages wont work.

i did release the source for the latest version, but theres not compiled binary for it yet

i dont have a mac, or mac os, so ill need someone else to create the binary

NOValdemar
xr

Post by NOValdemar » Tue, 17. May 11, 23:58

Cycrow wrote:yeah the problem is that the spk tools for mac are based on the original version, so any new packages wont work.

i did release the source for the latest version, but theres not compiled binary for it yet

i dont have a mac, or mac os, so ill need someone else to create the binary
Oh I see! I wish I could help but my computer skills pretty much stop at copy paste... Even if it isnt possible to get the SPK tool to work could you possibly upload just a zip versions of the files contained in the Spk when you get a chance?

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 14:30

NOValdemar wrote: Oh I see! I wish I could help but my computer skills pretty much stop at copy paste... Even if it isnt possible to get the SPK tool to work could you possibly upload just a zip versions of the files contained in the Spk when you get a chance?
I second this. Would be great if you get the time Cycrow. I can't get the SPK to unpack or view at all but all the mods i've installed on the mac version using scripts, t and extra folders they use have all worked fine!

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 02:21

Found a work around there's a .zip of 1.30 here http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

I can use Logains PM now, putting that Aran I found to good use :D

jiunejai
x4

Post by jiunejai » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 14:02

cnordskog wrote:Hi, im having a problem with assigning this mod a hotkey. cant find where to assign it or how to assign it, i have the script editor on, i have checked the "controlls" menues but cant find the community configuration thingy there, i do find the hotkey thingy for the Cheat script that i have installed also made by Cyrow, I also have the improved boarding by cyrow and ware manager by cyrow and some other scripts, are there perhaps any scripts causing a conflict?

I am not very skilled with modding and x3 tc in general.

oh btw i have the latest version of X3 TC and the latest version of said scripts.

its probably my fault.... :cry:

bump
I have same issue, and solve in this way, too.
Thank a lot.

The page number can use any that not use by others script, so i change it to 7001.

I have check Text File ID log in [Index] Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict topic at first I find the issue.
And I just find Cycrow, Community Plugin Configuration in 7000 entry.
I think this may because the script "Ecliptic Projector" only appear with German thread, so be forgot to add in.
Maybe someone can add it in, so that let one who want to use both script can figure out this issue when checking Text File ID log.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 13:43

When installing via X-Plugin Manager Lite, I get an error message telling me some scripts failed to install (about nine .xml scripts).

I suspect deleting/installing privileges is what infers with the install, but I already run as administrator.

Any tips?

NOValdemar
xr

Post by NOValdemar » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 00:31

Transient Energy wrote:Found a work around there's a .zip of 1.30 here http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

I can use Logains PM now, putting that Aran I found to good use :D
Hey thanks so much for the info! Finally a good zip version!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 01:19

New Update: 1.50

Allows a few extra options, like number selection, specific input type, custom sections

TarlGor
x3tc

Post by TarlGor » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 04:40

Installed the Custom Config Menu (required for some scripts). Then realized that in order to set some of the script settings (MBBR, etc.), it was telling me to bring up the config menu.

So, I went into game control settings, and sure enough, there was the config menu waiting for me to assign it a hot key (as your instructions stated : )

So, I did some googling, but came up with no good info on how to assign hot keys to a control. Or, good examples of what hot keys (or, I guess combos of keys) to use or not to use.

Therefore, any good suggestions on a hot key for the custom config menu? I know it sounds like a really dumb simple question, but, I'm kind of a dumb simple person (really, it's amazing I can even play this awesome game : )

Thanks for any help,

Tarl

direwolf24
x3tc

Post by direwolf24 » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 12:40

I cant seem to get community plugin configuration to work with hotkey manager, i have successfully been using npc bailing addon in AP, however if i enable hotkey manager, the option in controls disappears for plugin configuration altogether. i have also tried equipment research and dev with the same result, i am using the auto downloaded versions of both that support AP, ver 1.41 and 1.11 respectively. i have also tried disabling all other mods but the one im trying to get working and hotkey mgr and plugin config. the only way to get the plugin config hotkey option to show up in the controls area is to disable hotkey manager.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 13:09

if you have the Bonus Pack for AP installed, it included an updated hotkey manager.

so you could use this one instead.

althou the TC one should technically work as well

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”