[SCRIPT] Community Configuration Menu : V1.51 : 03/01/2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Will scripters find this useful ?

Yes
87%
No
1%
Dont Care
12%

Total votes: 672

Sanyokbig
x4

Post by Sanyokbig » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 13:33

Hi.

Got little isuue with hotkey for menu. After i installed Hotkey manager its hotkey been replaced by other command, "Boarding:Board Target" to be exact, so i can't open cofig menu. I tried to call init script, but it does not helped. What should i do?

AcidWeb
x4

Post by AcidWeb » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 11:18

I also have this issue. Installing Hotkey Manager remove Community Configuration Menu keybind.

The problem occurs only when Hotkey Manager is added to game where Community Configuration Menu is already installed.

Taro8
x3tc

[REQ] Setp by step for adding entires to Community config menu

Post by Taro8 » Sun, 11. May 14, 17:19

Hi guys.

I have heavily modded my X3 AP. Right now I faced the prospect of assigning quite a few of new hotkeys just for the serious menus from mods that do not support Community config menu. I thought that I could try adding them myself. However Im completely new to scripting X3 and all I have is script studio and some general knowledge what Im supposed to do.

That is why I would like to ask for help in adding support for Community config menu to mods. I do not want anything flashy like using localization files or anything, it just must be functional.

I did some digging in scripts and I have found this (from Universal Banking mod):

Code: Select all

* Add entry to Cycrow`s Community config menu if present.

$txt.MarCon.Universal.Banking.hd = read text: page=$pageId id=306

= [THIS]-> call script 'plugin.config.addscript' : argument1=$txt.Universal.Banking argument2='mark_a_condren   a.k.a    MarCon' argument3='plugin.mc.bank.interface' argument4=[FALSE] argument5=$txt.MarCon.Universal.Banking.hd
Lets say I want to add an entry called "LIFE" in custom category called "Other plugins".

I understand that this bit:
$txt.MarCon.Universal.Banking.hd = read text: page=$pageId id=306
Is the process of informing the script with text file to display in argument5 in place of "$txt.MarCon.Universal.Banking.hd".

I tried this putting this into setup.plugin.LIFE.xml, but I didnt get new entry. I dont know if I put it into wrong file or the code is wrong.

Code: Select all

= [THIS]-> call script 'plugin.config.addscript' : argument1='LIFE' argument2='Taro' argument3='plugin.LIFE.config' argument4=[FALSE] argument5='Other plugins'
Im kinda going blind here, so help would be welcome.

EDIT: Got it WORKING! Sorry for the commotion.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 11. May 14, 19:51

**Merged with Community Plugin Configuration topic, where information and help for other scripters using this script are provided**
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Terrorlocke
x4

Readtext Error 7000-1

Post by Terrorlocke » Thu, 22. May 14, 22:18

Unfortunatly i get readtext errors (read text error 7000-1) related to this script :(
It happens in the keybinding configuration aswell as when i start the configuration window with the freshly bound key.

I use X3 TC 3.2 (non steam, german language)

and installed this script with the latest version of the plug in manager.

I have also installed :

- Latest Bonus Package
- Ware Manager
- Hot Key Manager
- Improved Boarding
- MARS
- CODEA

The Mars script btw appears in the plug in configuration, between a bunch of read text errors =(
I have NOT installed the ecliptic projector script.
The improved boarding also shows read text errors :( (9604)

Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 22. May 14, 22:52

The Community Configuration Menu only contains an English text file (7000-L044.xml). So that it will be loaded in a German game, you have to do the following two things:
1. Rename the file from 7000-L044.xml to 7000-L049.xml (49 is the language id for German).
2. Open the file with a text or xml editor (the Windows text editor works just fine for this) and change the language id from "44" to "49". Save the file afterwards.

Now your German game will load the text file.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Terrorlocke
x4

2 remaining readtext errors

Post by Terrorlocke » Thu, 22. May 14, 23:09

Thanks for the reply!

With your help i managed to fix most of the read text errors. Found a third one aswell on the fly.

But 2 read text errors remain and they're both in the same menu.

Its read text error 7000-1 & 9604-25 (the latter is part of the boarding extension script). Both appear in the menu where i can set up the basic key bindings for all the script related keybindings.

I have no idea how to get rid of these 2 remainings bugs :)
Intresting is the point that all remaining texts from both scripts appear without any trouble now. Only in the keybinding menu the text's wont appear.

TheDividedGod

Post by TheDividedGod » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 09:25

The archive in the OP download link seems to be broken...I keep getting a damaged .rar every time I download it. Any mirrors with a good file?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 09:29

Both provided download links work fine for me. The one labelled as (rar) gives me a .zip file though.

locustgate

Post by locustgate » Sat, 11. Apr 15, 22:15

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Both provided download links work fine for me. The one labelled as (rar) gives me a .zip file though.
I keep getting

"Unable to open"

"unable to open archive file,
Location".

Using "X-Universe Plugin Manager Lite V1.47"

SoulsSin

Post by SoulsSin » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 14:29

Long story short, I had to reinstall X3 and all Mods. However the Community Plugin COnfig seems to do nothing in game. I can Open the window but when I select any mod nothing happens (it just reopens the community plugin config window) any clues what could fix this?

Juan Español
x4

Post by Juan Español » Thu, 9. Feb 17, 18:03

No funciona el archivo SPK, da un mensaje de archivo corrupto

paprsek
x2

Re: [SCRIPT] Community Configuration Menu : V1.51 : 03/01/2012

Post by paprsek » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:53

Hey, don't click the "download" button for the RAR file.

Instead click the "image" button further up to get the SPK file.

paprsek
x2

Post by paprsek » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:54

Hey, don't click the "download" button for the RAR file instead click the "image" button further up to get the SPK file.

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Fri, 10. May 19, 19:59

Can someone please explain to me how to use this? and how do I open up the plugin configuration menu? I looked through the first post but didnt see anything. I want to use the [SCRIPT] Deploy satellites in target sector. (costs cr) MOD and can figure how to do it. This is all new to me so any help is very much appreciated.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 12. May 19, 11:55

You just need to assign a hotkey for it.

then when you press it while in space, the menu will appear. Any script that uses it that you have installed will show up in the menu

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Tue, 4. May 21, 15:56

the one in the Manager now is 160 and with my new set up of AP it isnt seen or used. tried getting a new copy but the one I found was 151 and it wont go in because it reads a newer one already installed that isnt working...lol

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. May 21, 16:03

1.6 should work with AP, as long as you install it with the newest Plugin Manager.

i will check the file later to make sure, but the older version is still on my server, http://xpluginmanager.co.uk/tcscripts/

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 16. May 21, 00:51

never mind, after a few days and a lot of hours trying to get the AP back I played before I give up, so deleting all egosoft from my computer for now. need a break since only a very few things I used to use still work. used the 160 manager that's where the 160 configuration files are but nope they arent seen or used so forgetting it not worth the aggravation anymore. :rant:

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 18:24

actually that button you said the older version was in...is actually a lesson page for SPK files...lol now there is no button to get config files here that work.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”