[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 15:28

DrBullwinkle wrote:"Hard-coding" usually refers to compiled code. That requires resources to which most modders do not have access.

The menus are in scripts, which you can modify with the in-game Script Editor or X-Studio Script Editor.

If you are playing AP, then you could try changing the "open custom menu" lines to "open custom info menu". Info menus are the wide menus that you see in AP.
Thanks for clue, DrBullwinkle! It helped and menus have changed to suitable shape!

But I had to spent more than 1 hour to realize how to make it. Even this actions so simple to you was a "hard-coding" for me )))
I am goblin level one in the World of Scripts. And last code I wrote was a simple shooter on Sinclair BASIC for ZX-Spectrum in 1993.
So far I did all changes in scripts with text editor (AKelpad) and all was ok and worked properly after edit.

I could not find the strings "open custom menu" with text search in mars/scripts folder.
Then I made some investigation about X3:scripting and decided to try X-Studio. But It was a first time I use something more complicated than AkelPad. Spent some time for education... and found the desicion.

Well for those who want to do it but have the same level in scripting I giving this description which helps to spare your time:
Run X-Studio
Open script file from mars script folder plugin.gz.mars.config.xml
(I've found only one file with description "menu" in this folder)
In this file find string "open custom menu":
$Menu.Return = open custom menu: title=$Dummy1 description=$Dummy2 option array=$Menu.Arr
and change it to
$Menu.Return = open custom info menu: title=$Dummy1 description=$Dummy2 option array=$Menu.Arr maxoptions=null
Add text "info" and " maxoptions=null"
save. rewrite this file in game folder.

Now, MARS menu has become even wider, than you need. THat changes had affected on to both windows - ship menu and configuration menu. Covering half of screen space. But it is not a big deal - I am using hotkeys in combat.
Last edited by redagent on Wed, 25. Feb 15, 15:46, edited 2 times in total.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 15:35

Deleted a stupid question from the lazy player, who do not like to read all those spreadsheets of manuals...
Last edited by redagent on Mon, 2. Mar 15, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

redagent

Post by redagent » Mon, 2. Mar 15, 04:35

redagent wrote:Also I wanted to confirm the game crashes(freezes), while using MARS in particular situations. Now I think it is the issiue mentioned at this post
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 06#4007806
connected to "Bounce" script from Litcube. But I am not shure, because I use a lot of other mods. though they were properly worked together for a long long time. And a few mods along MARS were installed recently - Sector Takover (STOv1.57), BounceV1.7 and Anarkis Defence System (ADS 265).
At last I have caught the exact reason of the game crashes.
Bounce it is - with MARS... or MARS it is - with Bounce - you decide.
It happens only if I start MARS in the turrets of my owned ship(s) only in sector and Bounce enabled. not the ship I fly , but any of my AI-controlled ship.

EDIT. I've made few more tests. It doesn't matter how many ships are in sector - game crashes even if there is two of my ships and a few xenon ships.
I had only two ships in sector - my AI Tokyo without any ships in hangars. My own Agamemnon. 1 Xenon attacking me. And 3 or 4 Xenon M3 far away. Sextor Xenon 472. There is Xenon Shpyard and Xenon Station as well.

The only circumstances are:
Bounce 1.7 - enabled
Tokyo (AI) - MARS 5.25 - enabled (offence) in turrets - drones launched from this ship.
Agamemnon (own) - MARS 5.25 - disabled and MY own ship drones also launched by pressing hotkey (launch goblin at target).

The crush happens only if MARS drones were launched from both of my ships (own and AI) simulatenously. Launching them only from AI Ship(s) or only from my own do not causes crushes with Bounce enabled.
Apologize for Grammar! English is not my first language.
Played X2 for months. Played X3 for years. Played XR for one week. Now playing X3...

cpt1silencer

turrets

Post by cpt1silencer » Mon, 16. Mar 15, 11:59

for some reason MARS isnt working correctly on my new ship, I have 16 starburst shockwave cannons and 12 spots to put them in, 8 main ones and 4 turrets, but mars keeps unequiping all but 1 of the 8 and uses 1 on each of the 2 turret areas, when i manualy equip them MARS takes them off again.

whats going on here? do i have to reload or something. 744 752 756 are the numbers it taged to my ship name.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 16. Mar 15, 18:26

From the MARS FAQ:
Gazz wrote:Q: Why does MARS only load 1 laser into a turret when there could be 8?

A: For not doing anything, one laser is sufficient.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Aszot
x4

Post by Aszot » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 01:50

Hello,
I have small problem with MARS. Iam using Albion Prelude and XRM. When i install MARS, game spawns many of mammoths everywhere, or didnt instal at all saying : "cannot find 7047 bla, bla, bla... game dectected as vanilla". I tried everything and nothing worked :/ Hope you guys will help me :)

Ps. I read manual, FAQ and similar problems and solutions. Nothing worked...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 11:16

Have you also read the installation intructions for MARS posted in the XRM topic?
paulwheeler wrote:MARS: MARS is compatible - Do not use the full repackaged version - either use the manual install and do not install the MARS drones cat/dat - just the scripts. The drones are already merged into the XRM and installing them will break the XRM, or use Bullwinkle's repackaged version for mods that include TShips. You will also need the custom MARS data file above. Simply copy this into your "t" folder ("addon\t" for AP)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Aszot
x4

Post by Aszot » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 11:30

Yes. I used this version for mods. This with only 2 folders: t and scripts. I found one thing: I used polish version of game, but when i change langue to english everything works perfectly.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 15:55

I am guessing I should avoid using MARS with anything like Smart Turrets, or Weapons Select Extension, which also affect(s) weapons systems? Or rather, avoid using them with MARS.

Edit: I came up with a list of mods (subset of the mods I am trying to use) which I think might duplicate parts of MARS, conflict with parts of MARS, or otherwise be unnecessary/undesurable to use with MARS:

Smart Turrets v4.7.2
Missile Safety
Weapon Select Extension v2.02
Auto Aim (for cursor follow mode)
Drone Carrier Software v2.07a
Turret Toggle BW Missiles Only v4

Can anyone confirm or deny any of these [s]educated guesses[/s] almost completely unsupported speculations?
bibo ergo sum

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 10:23

Such an old thread, hope I don't get banned for this.

I have the MARS installed (yes I still play X3 even with Rebirth out and all) and I'm loving it. But right now it shoots PPC's and other big guns as volleys, not as an "continues" stream. Like holding the trigger just on. Can I change that somehow somewhere? Smaller guns shoot as much as they can but I would like the big guns to do the same. This as no other value but it looks sexier and cooler!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 19:35

You won't get banned for thread necromancy, jsut ridiculed. And not in a thread that is tied to a specific mod.

Anyway, big guns, like PPCs, are "cannons", they are not stream weapons. They aren't meant to fire in a continuous stream. It's likely nothing to do with MARS, and entirely to do with the game itself.
bibo ergo sum

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 13:49

GlassDeviant wrote:You won't get banned for thread necromancy, jsut ridiculed. And not in a thread that is tied to a specific mod.

Anyway, big guns, like PPCs, are "cannons", they are not stream weapons. They aren't meant to fire in a continuous stream. It's likely nothing to do with MARS, and entirely to do with the game itself.
Hmm, don't think you understood what I was geting at. Sorry if I was too vague about my question. Let me try again.
When the game without the mod or anything shoots PPC, the first shot is always all 8 (the Titan as example). Then all 8 guns have a slight differens in rate of fire, thus popping those "bullets" at different time. Then it looks like a "stream of blobs" rushing towards enemy.
I use MARS and the CMOD (think it's v4 but don't remember anymore) and now it ALWAYS shoots all 8 at the same time, aka volley. This is what I want to change. It has no other reason than I liked the "stream of blobs" effect.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 20:58

That was not what you said in your initial post, perhaps you should have said that the first time. Either way blaming me for "not understanding" what you meant due to my obvious lack of psychic powers won't get you anywhere.

Now that I know what you really meant, I'm sorry, I have no idea whay this is happening. Hopefully someone who knows the inner workings of the game better will show up and be able to explain it and/or come up with a solution.
bibo ergo sum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 21:44

GlassDeviant wrote: Either way blaming me for "not understanding" what you meant due to my obvious lack of psychic powers won't get you anywhere.
Let's not get personal here. No one was blaming you for anything. dholmstr even apologised and explained what he meant more detailed.

arc89

Post by arc89 » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 16:33

Hello. Im playing X3 TC with XRM and I cant get MARS to work on my Mercury TS. I have correct lasers in cargo bay and no matter what I do or what I click in MARS config menu turrents dont shoot. I got a massege saying "MARS: no laser detected"
I use ENG version and following mods/scripts:

Code: Select all

Community Plugin Configuration 
Hotkey Manager
Plugin Manager Library Scripts
Ware Manager :: Cycrow :
LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector - X3TC 
Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC_V3805.zip 
dock_lockup_fix.zip 
follow_me.zip 
Handelsvertretung_X3TC_V3408.zip
HephCorp_beta-0.73.zip
Marine_Repairs_and_Training-V214-2015-01-01.zip :
mars.zip
numeric_ranks_tc.zip
Raketenabwehr_Moskito_X3TC_V3302.zip 
Warenlogistiksoftware_X3TC_V3406.zip 
X3 TC-XRM Universe Colored Map 3.1.rar 
Sectormap Revamped.rar
MSLDEFMK2.zip 
(+IE for XRM, medium hull pack, and cocpits from XRM thread nothing fancy)

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sat, 6. May 17, 06:40

Hi guys,

I made the mistake of trying to install MARS (a modified version) on Litcubes and am trying to uninstall it.

Followed the instructions in the main post but it doesn't seem to be working. Any advice?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 6. May 17, 07:52

If you already played LU, the scripts are already embedded and can cause problems later on.

Make a fresh LU install, and export/import your save game to it, is the safest way.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

OneFourTwo
x3tc

Post by OneFourTwo » Sat, 15. Jul 17, 12:52

How do you get your drones to repair a damaged ship? I can get them to repair NEUTRAL ships just fine. But I can't get them to repair any of my owned property.

Malakie
x4

Mars and Xtended?

Post by Malakie » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 00:18

Does MARS work with Xtended and is there a compatibility patch link OTHER than X Universe? (cannot get validated there.. no email ever sent)
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 01:12

Here is the link to the page for mars XTC compatibility
THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL ARE ON FIRST POST THE THIRD POST IS THE ACTUAL LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD

I will put this here https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=331351 in case anyone wants to know if there other scripts that compatible or incompatible with XTC.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”