[Index] Tutorials and Resources

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

WindsOfBoreas

Post by WindsOfBoreas » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 19:51

Gazz, I thought there were only six turrets in total; one for each direction of Front, Back, Right, Left, Top, and Bottom. What would the seventh be?
"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition." - Isaac Asimov

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 21:43

WindsOfBoreas wrote:Gazz, I thought there were only six turrets in total; one for each direction of Front, Back, Right, Left, Top, and Bottom. What would the seventh be?
The cockpit / bridge of the ship and all weapons assigned to it. ;)

WindsOfBoreas

Post by WindsOfBoreas » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 21:52

So then you actually have two turrets facing front? As well, that's all the turrets there are, correct? Just seven?
"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition." - Isaac Asimov

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 22:12

WindsOfBoreas wrote:So then you actually have two turrets facing front? As well, that's all the turrets there are, correct? Just seven?
No. Not a turret. The main cockpit. It's just managed by the engine in the same way like the turrets. :!:

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 29. Sep 09, 10:45

please add this one to modding tuts. thx :)

Code: Select all

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=260423]Creating Custom Turrets Tutorial[/url]by Killjaeden
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Thu, 1. Oct 09, 05:37

How to make custom Weapons
By GEEKEY 265

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=260490
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 3. Oct 09, 19:51

Another one :)

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=260766]Guide - lil advice on placing turrets[/url]by Killjaeden
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Fri, 16. Oct 09, 23:53

A small tutorial on creating custom menus.

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261816]Tutorial - Creating menus (advanced)[/url]
Thanks and greetings,
ScRaT

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 19:22

The X3 Editor's link is out of date. If you follow the link, the thread has a link to the new one.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 19:41

Good point. Fixed.

Necro22

Post by Necro22 » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 23:29

im just starting to utilize the script editor and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips i started a new game on the custom game option and is there a way to create a ship i could claim preferably something along the lines of an M1 or M2 or ill be happy with an M7

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 01:50

I've written two guides for 3d studio. They might apply to Gmax as well, though some tools and functionality may not exist with the latter.

3ds: Modeling Guide

This guide explains the basics of closed modeling. Closed modeling is perfect for making a ship's hull, but not good for 'greebling' and intricate details. For those you'd use open modeling; attaching the details as separate elements and deleting hidden backfaces.

3ds: How to make normal maps out of geometry

This guide explains how to make textures out of geometry using an object's UV co-ordinates.

Update: All images now load correctly. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!
Last edited by Winter Dragon on Tue, 1. Jun 10, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.

DSBANiMAL

Post by DSBANiMAL » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 15:51

Hi,
im new and have just found my old gold discs after a few years of not playing X :D

on looking at the scripts and wanting to use some of them im baffled as to where to find the menu to change my pilots name?

when i go into the pilot screen it just tells me what ive done and that my pilots name is pilots name, it tells me what my standing is with other factions but i cant seem to find the bit that says change pilot name.

i tried to download cycows plugin manager thing which gave me two or three .exe's and a dll file, tried to click each one of the exes and only one did something other than throw up a window saying i need to reinstall it :(
i have looked at the stickie that tells you how to change pilots name but it only says goto the change pilot name menu... not where the menu is.
My apologies if this has been asked many many times before

Thanks

Ani
There is Some corner of a foreign field that is forever England

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 16:10

DSBANiMAL wrote:on looking at the scripts and wanting to use some of them im baffled as to where to find the menu to change my pilots name?
In space with no menus open, hit p then m. You can also find it under the topmost pull-out menu on the sidebar.

DSBANiMAL

Post by DSBANiMAL » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 16:58

Thanks Ooz ;)
now just got work out how to make my siggie smaller to be allowed to have it :P

Ani
There is Some corner of a foreign field that is forever England

Canning_s
x3tc

Post by Canning_s » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 02:02

Thanks for your help.

rmarceliper
x3

Creating a Sector step by step from scratch.

Post by rmarceliper » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 13:00

If there is already a tutorial there that accomplishes these please point me at the right direction as I can't find it.

What I need to learn.

1. Start from scratch (No other sector but the first one)
2. Create a sector, define all parameters, where the sun is, the gates, who owns it size, etc.
3. Add an object (do I just cheat stuff in?)

thank you for your patience

OOZ662
x4

Re: Creating a Sector step by step from scratch.

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 01:10

rmarceliper wrote:If there is already a tutorial there that accomplishes these please point me at the right direction as I can't find it.

What I need to learn.

2. Create a sector, define all parameters, where the sun is, the gates, who owns it size, etc.

I'm supposing you're referring to the Galaxy Editor and its Galaxy Map. This is about all there is. The lack of documentation in this game is very painful.

rmarceliper
x3

Post by rmarceliper » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 09:49

OOZ662 wrote:
rmarceliper wrote:If there is already a tutorial there that accomplishes these please point me at the right direction as I can't find it.

What I need to learn.

I'm supposing you're referring to the Galaxy Editor and its Galaxy Map. This is about all there is. The lack of documentation in this game is very painful.
I saw that, but I can't believe that's all there is... that sucks. This is going to take longer if I don't find a guide at least.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 09:54

rmarceliper wrote:I saw that, but I can't believe that's all there is... that sucks. This is going to take longer if I don't find a guide at least.
I hate to tell you that much of the modding in this game involves each modder reinventing the wheel (at least in my expriencd). Very few people actually write guides on how to do things. More likely the information is scattered throughout many threads. Starting a thread for your project questions or even for a specific question (after searching for existing ones) would likely yield the best results.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”