[Index] Tutorials and Resources

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 02:21

Learn something new every day. :lol:

mr.bear
x2

Post by mr.bear » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 18:28

Please could someone mighty add this to the Tools section?

Code: Select all

[2012-02-19] [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=301433]X-Studio Script Editor[/url] by mr.bear
thanks.
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your bear...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 18:32

Added.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

mjl1966

Malware warning?

Post by mjl1966 » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 07:10

Getting malware warning redirects from Google when I click on some of the links, like the one for DBOX.

As this is a very important tool for modding, I just wanted to know if this is a known issue? I am a careful person, so I did not go past the warning.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 09:50

Most likly something on the site thats triggering the warming, maybe an advert or something.

i really doubt doubleshadows site will have anything bad on it so you could probably ignore the warning

slevin0006

ugghh if i dont manage to do it, i just gonna get rid of this expension...-_-

Post by slevin0006 » Wed, 22. May 13, 02:08

hi, i already beated the terran conflict game, so i told myself, gonna buy the prelude one...thing is, in the 1st one i had the cockpit mod installed, everything were good, so i wanted to install it for the albion one, an somehow, this one i cant make it work...?o.O so here what i did so if anyone notice what i did wrong, PLEASE tell me cause 'am not gonna play if i can't have a god dam* cockpit, the game just look awfull whiout it...-so i unrar the 2 files tha i downloaded(cat&DAT).i copy 'em in the mod file in my 86x egosoft game.i lauch the laucher of the game.i activated the mod via the mod launcher,click ok.start a new game/load one.try to put in cockpit view...no succes..-_- :evil: please pleaaaaaaase tell me what tha f*** i did wrong b4 i rage delete this game lol. *an no, i dont have ANY other mods**

apricotslice
x4

Re: ugghh if i dont manage to do it, i just gonna get rid of this expension...-_-

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. May 13, 02:42

slevin0006 wrote:hi, i already beated the terran conflict game, so i told myself, gonna buy the prelude one...thing is, in the 1st one i had the cockpit mod installed, everything were good, so i wanted to install it for the albion one, an somehow, this one i cant make it work...?o.O so here what i did so if anyone notice what i did wrong, PLEASE tell me cause 'am not gonna play if i can't have a god dam* cockpit, the game just look awfull whiout it...-so i unrar the 2 files tha i downloaded(cat&DAT).i copy 'em in the mod file in my 86x egosoft game.i lauch the laucher of the game.i activated the mod via the mod launcher,click ok.start a new game/load one.try to put in cockpit view...no succes..-_- :evil: please pleaaaaaaase tell me what tha f*** i did wrong b4 i rage delete this game lol. *an no, i dont have ANY other mods**
This would have been better off in its own thread.

You need to find an AP version of your cockpit mod. You cant put a TC mod directly into AP, as they changed some very key things for AP.

At worst if there isnt an AP version, then you will need to unpack the mod from the cat/dat, and move the folders into the correct place in AP manually.

There are threads around with the information about AP and what has to be done to get a TC mod to work in AP.

However, if the cockpit mod is being used much, I would expect there to be an AP version of it you can just download and instal.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 02:42

May be it would be logical to add the new terran conflict nexus to the filehosting section:
http://www.nexusmods.com/x3terranconflict/
- only a for free acount needed to upload.
- unlimited uploadvolumen.
- the site is specialized on hosting gamemodifacations.

File hosting:
[url=http://www.nexusmods.com/x3terranconflict/]terran conflict nexus[/url]
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 10:01

its added, just forgot to leave a note here ^^
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Thu, 29. May 14, 04:27

Is it possible to list the internal cue names of the albion prelude 3.0 plots in the script manager, if yes, how?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. May 14, 11:23

What kind of program is the 'script manager'?

In any way, it would be better better asking a question about a specific program directly in its topic.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Thu, 29. May 14, 12:14

X2-Illuminatus wrote:What kind of program is the 'script manager'?

In any way, it would be better better asking a question about a specific program directly in its topic.
I meant the mission director. I saw the the AP plots from version 1.0 have pretty similar names, and I just need the internal cue names of the plots from AP 3.1 to fix the MD script, that can reset plots. I need it since one of the plots is bugged in XRM, i have to fly to a nonexisting station to start it.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 29. May 14, 12:46

Think that there is a mission director menu in AP, cant remember right how to get there though.

In any case best way to do it is to open the plot files and retrieve the cue names from there, notepad or any other xml editor will be able to open the files once they are extracted.

MFG

Ketraar

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. May 14, 17:32

Ketraar wrote:Think that there is a mission director menu in AP, cant remember right how to get there though.
Activating the Mission Director is done by activating the Script Editor. Afterwards you can activate it in the ingame Options under Game --> Advanced Settings.

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Sat, 31. May 14, 12:15

Managed to extract the files, but I have one issue:
It seems i managed to find the cue names. But, if you got multiple copys of the blood stained note, I hope you cannot restart the sector claiming mission?

/edit: Seems as if resetting the L3M02 Player Plot Start does not work for that mission. I might need help there o.O

/edit2: resetting the L3M02 and the L2M024 now, seems to work, yay:

<reset_cue cue="L2M024"/>
<reset_cue cue="L3M02 AP Player Corp Plot Start"/>
Ketraar, you mind if I repost the script updated in a new Thread? Of course I would give credit to you.[/code]

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 31. May 14, 14:32

Sure, I dont mind.

MFG

Ketraar

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 20:52

Hi there,

I'm interested in creating a custom start scenario for X3: AP. Is there a tutorial for this somewhere hidden in the depths of this forum? :)

Exognosis
x3ap

Post by Exognosis » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 17:50

Im relatively new here, but i can see, that a lot of these links posted here arent working anymore. I know, this is an old thread, but its still annoyng, that a lot of these links dont work. For example the link to the 3d Modelling tutorials.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 10:34

I removed Winter Dragon's tutorials from the list, since his website doesn't exist anymore.
[2009-12-21] 3ds: Modeling Guide by Winter Dragon
[2009-12-21] 3ds: How to make normal maps out of geometry by Winter Dragon
What other links do not work?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”