[Index] Tutorials and Resources

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 31. May 14, 14:32

Sure, I dont mind.

MFG

Ketraar

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 20:52

Hi there,

I'm interested in creating a custom start scenario for X3: AP. Is there a tutorial for this somewhere hidden in the depths of this forum? :)

Exognosis
x3ap

Post by Exognosis » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 17:50

Im relatively new here, but i can see, that a lot of these links posted here arent working anymore. I know, this is an old thread, but its still annoyng, that a lot of these links dont work. For example the link to the 3d Modelling tutorials.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 10:34

I removed Winter Dragon's tutorials from the list, since his website doesn't exist anymore.
[2009-12-21] 3ds: Modeling Guide by Winter Dragon
[2009-12-21] 3ds: How to make normal maps out of geometry by Winter Dragon
What other links do not work?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

deogo

Post by deogo » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 17:38

hi
i cannot figure out how is 'set command' works
i mean
<RefObj> set command: <Object Command> target=<Value> target2=<Value> par1=<Value> par2=<Value>
and
x <RefObj> set command <Object Command>
x <RefObj> set command target: <Value>
x <RefObj> set command target2: <Value>

the problem is, - some of the values i pass as target or target2 do not show in the ship info
for example
from !ship.cmd.deploysats.std
[THIS]-> set command: [COMMAND_DEPLOY_SATS] target=$sattype target2=null par1=null par2=null
this just doesn't show anything
but after the line
[THIS]-> set command target: $sector
the sector shown correctly

can anyone explain me this "magic" please?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 08:17

Would it be possible to add this somewhere in the OP ? (video tutorials)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 16:13

Added to the Scripting section.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 19:32

And you could probably add this one too :)

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Wed, 1. Jul 15, 15:03

Hi iv created a galaxy in galaxy editro on Albion Prelude but don't know how to get the AI to work im very dyslexic which is why i stuggle to follow the instrctions iv got X3 Editor 2 but not sure where to put the jobs file to make the ai work in my own custom map.

If posible could someone post some pick of where to stick wich file were or even a Utube vid as the current on dose not help.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 23:50

This is probably something that should be added here. :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386480

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 10:47

Added.

RobCubed
x4

Post by RobCubed » Mon, 5. Dec 16, 02:38

Quick question.

I've gone through the basics of scripting within the script editor in game, and it can be a bit painful to scroll through the commands looking for what I want (if it exists).

I've installed X-Studio, and it's *fantastic*, but I am not sure how to re-load scripts from the scripts directory without restarting the game.

For example, I'll open a script I had made in-game with X-Studio, modify it, and the changes won't display in the game's script editor.

Adding a new script doesn't show up either.

I tried running the Reinit Script Cache and it didn't work.

Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

foxvengeor
x3

Post by foxvengeor » Mon, 5. Dec 16, 10:48

Quick question too. It there a way (with a mod or other) to have station trade statitics on TC (like on AP) ?

Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 5. Dec 16, 16:18

Trade statistics for stations (as well as the dedicated script commands) were specifically added as part of the Graphs feature to X3AP. So they are not available in X3TC in that form. However, there is a script for X3TC called Trade Overview by ScRaT_GER which provides different pieces of information for your own ships and stations.
RobCubed wrote:I've installed X-Studio, and it's *fantastic*, but I am not sure how to re-load scripts from the scripts directory without restarting the game.
Restarting the game shouldn't be necessary, but reloading your savegame definitely is.

RobCubed
x4

Post by RobCubed » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 14:27

X2-Illuminatus wrote: Restarting the game shouldn't be necessary, but reloading your savegame definitely is.
That works, thanks so much!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”