[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 13:49

Just making a note of a couple of conflicts that Reduced Enemy Missiles has with Salvage Command Suite. I am going to try to work them out myself first.

!fight.attack.object.std.pck
!init.gz.set.mod.pck

Both of these files are in both mods, and are different file lengths, haven't looked inside just yet.

Also posted in the thread for the other script.
bibo ergo sum

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 13:54

GlassDeviant wrote:Just making a note of a couple of conflicts that Reduced Enemy Missiles has with Salvage Command Suite. I am going to try to work them out myself first.

!init.gz.set.mod.pck

Both of these files are in both mods, and are different file lengths, haven't looked inside just yet.

Also posted in the thread for the other script.
!init.gz.set.mod.pck
Don't worry about this file it does nothing (pretty much any file with set.mod in the name will do nothing)

Definite conflict there, don't think you could fix it without going through the code and manually merging the changes for both mods.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 14:16

The only modifications I made to !fight.attack.object.std.pck was to have it ignore 'stealthed' ships.

There are only a few lines of code for this and it should be possible to add that to another script.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 14:17

I realised the part about the first file after I posted it, they're identical. I plan on going through the code in the other file(s) with X-Studio and seeing if I can mangle them together without breaking anything. I will probably **** it up, but it's worth a try :)
bibo ergo sum

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 21:01

I've tried using mercury and similar ships to pick up goods, but they miss the item and just moves back and forth in space missing it forever.
I noticed if my capital ship hits some of the creates, it does NOT add it to storage, but instead adds them to the ship itself. Like engine tuning. I'm running faster then i should be going. And with the 10-20 engine tunings per sector, that's quite alot.
If items like this get added to the ship itself, they really need to be far more rare, then common items.

I would love a script that can clear creates and abandoned ships from the game. Far too many of them and it's killing my game.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 21:11

Hi Computertech,

If a ship runs in to a crate, the game itself will add that item to the ship (if it's equipment or upgrades).

Are you in the same sector as the ships collecting the crates?

Collision detection is handled differently if you are in the same sector. You could try moving to an adjacent sector for a few minutes to see if that works.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 01:55

Computertech wrote:I would love a script that can clear creates and abandoned ships from the game. Far too many of them and it's killing my game.
Do you mean just delete every single one, not collect them? The game does that eventually by default and this mod lets you alter the delay for when that happens. Personally I use this mod to deliberately sent out remote controlled ships to pick up all that crap and sell or use it myself. Good for the credit balance.

There's even a nice Transporter script around here somewhere that uses any installed transporter device to grab wharever is within 5km as your ship flies around, so you don't have to ram the crates to collect them :P
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 02:24

TECSG wrote:The only modifications I made to !fight.attack.object.std.pck was to have it ignore 'stealthed' ships.

There are only a few lines of code for this and it should be possible to add that to another script.
Well it turns out that the version from Reduced Enemy Missiles might be corrupted as nothing will open it. Not the in-game script editor, not X-Studio, not X3 Editor 2.

I guess that problem is solved, I will just have to deal with the normal missile spam from enemies and hope that between Mosquito Missile Defense and MARS I won't get buried.
bibo ergo sum

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 03:18

Yes, i was in the same sector as the ships trying to collect. There is a bad habit when i leave a 'war' sector, the enemy magically starts their attack, and bee lines directly to my ships (and sats). I even lost titan and other ships by that. I leave the sector and boom.
I would really like how to change the settings for the delete. I make a crap load of money simply by the hundreds of abandoned ships in my game. It's pretty weird having 50+ ships around each gate to the sector in the war zones.
hmmm, interesting tip on the transporter mod, i'll look that one up.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 07:07

@GlassDeviant,

The 'pck' at the end of the script name indicated it's a packed script (so it's sort of zipped). You will need something like DoubleShadow's X2 Editor (I think that's what it's called) to extract PCK files.

@Computertech,

You could modify the Collect Crates script so that the ships collecting don't need to get so close to the crates, I think my range was about 3km, if you changed that to say 10km, the collectors would have an easier time of it.

Crunk15
x3tc

Post by Crunk15 » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 15:49

any idea why this mod doesnt work with LU? i mean just a broad guess im aware that LU changes alot of game mechanics and all that and also that tags has a life and no time to dive into all the coding and stuff. ive solved the issue with the crashing and have been using it error free but i am unable to get the salvage commands and repair commands to populate as they should. also i have ware manager installed but the ware for this mod still appears as unused

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 16:47

Hi Crunk15,

The main problem with LU is that the Repair Laser has been removed.

The Salvage and Repair commands both use that.

Crunk15
x3tc

Post by Crunk15 » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 23:41

you mean as a buyable ware? because it is still ingame on the astronaut. i attempted to resolve that by adding the mobile repair mod bt they seem to be conflicting. the mobile repair factory appear but its an ST ware and the product is a gamma kyon laser.

oh well guess my grind to be able too buy an aran stock full of marines and use as a mobile repair shipyard wasnt a waist as an alternative

thanks for the info!!!!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 06:56

Hey TECSG,

Is there a single place in the SCS where I can disable the SCS from stopping my ship dead in space when I am using SCS features, or am I going to have to crawl through the whole file (or all of the files)? I'm not a big modder and don't know the X3 scripting language, so I can only guess at what each command does (though they are pretty self-explanatory most of the time).

I know I could easily plow into a station, asteroid, or what-have-you if I disable this, but I'm ok with that. Any carnage resulting can be fixed with a reload, and it will teach me to be less stupid (hopefully) :)
bibo ergo sum

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 07:10

Hi GlassDeviant,

If it's a specific command, you can change the text in the language file to alter that command.

If you look at the file 7074-L044.xml (for the English version), lines 400-535 contain the menu options. These have embedded command codes that define how the script runs.

If the menu option has [Q] in it, the script runs 'quietly', ie, it does not stop the ship from carrying out an existing command.

If you add [Q] to the command you want to alter, it should stop it from stopping your ship.

Be aware that this could lead to other problems though.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 13:57

What sort of problems? I already live with a few annoying things in AP, so if they aren't too big a deal I can DWI in trade for no more sitting in space at 0 m/s with SETA on wondering why I am not getting closer to my destination because SCS turned my engines off :)

I often search for "best price" goods with SCS and then send an npc ship I own to make the purchase, like for equipping a dozen new CAG ships I will stuff them into my Mobile Repair Ship and shuttle them from place to place to pick up various ship equipment, while doing plot missions in my Springblossom or Heavy Centaur.

Edit: Hmm...I am not finding any "Q" in that file, using X3 Editor 2. Should I be using a different program?

Edit 2: Oh, found them...had to enable "tags" to see them.

Edit 3: Do I need to put an [S] at the end of any line where I add [Q] at the start, like the ones that already have [Q]?

Edit 4: OK, most of the commands I want to stop stopping my ship already have [Q] and [S], so I guess it's something X3AP does and can't be changed in the SCS scripts.
bibo ergo sum

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 16:58

Hi GlassDeviant,

The '[Q]' tag means the command is 'quiet', ie, it does not interrupt the current command the ship is executing.

The '[S]' tag means the command requires you have the SCS software installed for the command to be available.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 17:50

I got it working, and no problems so far :)

Merci encore pour l'aide, monsieur. 8)

(Thanks again for the assistance, sir.)
bibo ergo sum

Zero Tolerance
xr

Post by Zero Tolerance » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 08:17

Question:

Is it possible that some scripts don't recognise the MRS as a 'valid' ship?

I started a new game (AP) and the argon sectors have a very large energy problem.

So I thought, let's load up my MRS with cells.
I found a script: Transporter Trade: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274545

It does work when I'm sitting in diffirent other ships, only not while sitting in my MRS (or trying it remotely)

Any ideas?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. For thou art crunchy an taste good with ketchup.
Notice: My website is not always up and running - mostly during the day, but not always - will change soon.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 08:22

Hi Zero Tolerance,

It is possible some scripts may not recognise the MRS because of it's configuration. You would have to check with the writers of the scripts in question though.

I've not modified the MRS in any way, but I can see the fact that (for example) it has no gun mounts may cause a problem for some combat scripts, so there could be some issue with the cargo bay class or size.

I'm not aware of any issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”