[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 22:35

Change sectors - the display will reset.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 00:01

That does the trick. Thanks.

simballine
x4

Post by simballine » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 04:26

I had an odd bug where I could not pick up crates by running into them, I only passed through them. It was solved by completely exiting the game and then starting it again. Has anyone experienced this before? I can't find bug information on it, and it may not be XRM specific.

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 09:15

Aiden_Corvus wrote:Is there a path out of Terran space? According to the map Adrin 2 links to two systems, but I explore it and it just leads to Aldrin and Mehier. Do I need to fight past the Argon to get to the rest of the systems?
Search the Internet for X3AP (or X3TC) map.
As far as I remember, there's only one way out of Terran space.
Is there a good tread for freighter configuration? I have been setting up Baldricks with max shields and engine tuning. I arm the turrets. Will the turrets automatically defend the ship on AI? Or do I need to buy Fight software and give the turrets Attack enemy or defend ship orders?
You'll need Fight software, and set the turret command to "Defense" or "Missile defense".

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 11:17

Hello
gilboa wrote:As far as I remember, there's only one way out of Terran space.
Wrong, there are two ways out of the Terran Space
:arrow: Through "Asteroids Belt -> Heretics End ->"
:arrow: Through "Neptune -> Althes -> Megnir -> Segaris -> Xenon Sectors ->"(this route is only for Albion Prelude)
Both X-universe Maps (for TC and AP) you can find on first page of this thread:
XRM: Albion Prelude Map
XRM: Terran Conflict Map
Aiden_Corvus wrote:Where can I get satellites? I have only seen them for sale at AGI base, but there are never any in stock. I can't find a factory either. Is there a cheat command to re-stock a base?
In my game I can find them in sectors "ATF Forsetti" and "Dark Space Cluster". But I don't know how it is with their stock. Mainly I buy satellites through bartering system.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 23:31

simballine wrote:I had an odd bug where I could not pick up crates by running into them, I only passed through them. It was solved by completely exiting the game and then starting it again. Has anyone experienced this before? I can't find bug information on it, and it may not be XRM specific.
Did you turn collisions off for some reason? If that's the case then you also wouldn't be able to fly through gates etc

gekoiq
x3ap

Post by gekoiq » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 03:15

Very new to X3 and XRM. Having a bit of trouble.

Running X3 Albion Prelude latest version from steam (auto updates disabled in steam for x3tc and ap)

I do not have plugin manager installed. I started a new game after fresh install as 'humble merchant'. Testing ware cost and size in terracorp hq in home of light.

I have deleted the entire directory and installed fresh with x3tc/AP from steam, NO OTHER MODS, just XRM.

Installed latest version of XRM from the first page and followed the instructions exactly (01-04 cat/dat in my x3tc/addon directory as stock, added part 1 and part 2 as 05 cat/dat and 06 cat/dat respectively)

scripts_ap contents into the addon/scripts folder, t copied to addon/t, director folder copied to x3tc/addon, mov copied to x3tc/addon, deleted 00044.pck, copied soundtrack contents to x3tc/soundtrack. overwrite whenever prompted

game starts and runs fine but I really want to edit the price of trader mk3 software (and the price of jumpdrive initially, size is fine). this is where I have issues however... In short, I want to make the trader mk3 software and jump drive their vanilla prices for now.

I installed x3editor2 and opened x3tc/addon/06.cat (should be my part 2 cat) and opened 'types' and then twaret.pck.

Now several oddities: in game the jumpdrive shows up as an XL ware as described, this doesnt bother me much I can live with that. BUT when i open the twaret.pck it shows as an L ware (should show up as XL in the twaret.pck correct?). I can also edit the 'value' and 'value (player)' fields all I want and the cost in game never changes for any item/ware/etc that I try. Making sure to save after I edit and overwrite after each edit. 06.cat is the highest cat in my addon directory and as stated before no other mods installed yet, no plugin manager either.

Also, tried undocking, redocking. switching systems and back again to terracorp hq, no change.

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious and easy but I just dont know enough about this game yet to catch it.

EDIT... it was a simple issue, in x3editor2, i was opening the 06.cat then clicking 'types' and then 'twaret.pck'.

What I had to do to get it to work was open 06.cat then go into the 'addon' folder then 'types' and then 'twaret.pck'

Able to adjust as necessary now, and actually only want one jumpdrive and one mk3 sw 'on the cheap' (plan on changing it back afterword) because i'm a bit jaded I had to start over after installing XRM lol.

Thanks to the mod creators for such an excellent piece of work.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 15:32

@PaulWheeler

Isvthere any plan or inclination to add the TC Plots via:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353528

The reason I ask is im hoping there is a way to include the plots (specifficlly Final Fury) but still use the advanced universe module.

Thanks

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 15:50

Ferenczy66 wrote:@PaulWheeler

Isvthere any plan or inclination to add the TC Plots via:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353528

The reason I ask is im hoping there is a way to include the plots (specifficlly Final Fury) but still use the advanced universe module.

Thanks
No plans as it requires a significant redesign of the map.

Apollo11
x3ap

Ship list.

Post by Apollo11 » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 10:53

Hi, is there a ship list and stats for all ships in XRM Albion prelude as I am unsure which TS I should buy.

Viliae
x3tc

Re: Ship list.

Post by Viliae » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 11:59

Apollo11 wrote:Hi, is there a ship list and stats for all ships in XRM Albion prelude as I am unsure which TS I should buy.
Please read the FIRST post on the FIRST page in this thread :evil:

Ship and weapon stats for XRM v1.28 - scripting by JMan77

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 23:06

Can beta kyon emitters be bought via the barter system?

FischAP
x3ap

Post by FischAP » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 23:19

Hi!

As i approach the end of the Shady Business plot (only 47 Xenon capitals to go ...) i wonder what will happen.
If i understood right this will end the war, but XRM has its own war.
Will i just get the reward, or will the terran war really be over ?

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 03:51

Something I noticed while flying around the gamma sectors in terran space. ATF mapping service mammoths. From what I understand the ATF faction was either changed,removed,disabled for the purpose the mod but these remnants from vanilla are still spawning in terran space. I've reinstalled the mod to make sure it wasn't an installation problem and I'm not using any other mods.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 05:33

The ATF was not removed or disabled, though it may have been changed. They have shiny new ships, and at least one sector, ATF Forseti, though it may technically be Terran.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 05:46

Just wanted to share a small modification of mine.

While I greatly enjoy playing XRM, my weak laptop is not always up to the task so I have made some modifications to improve performance, this is one of them.

It's a modified jobs file thats an equivalent of Unleashed jobs but for XRM, I kept most of the flavor while reducing Civilians, speeding up traders, and so on.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24009910/Jobs.rar

To install: Just unrar it into your addon/types/ folder.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 08:33

Can you detail exactly what is changed? Also, how did it improve performance? Since i play X3 on my Surface Pro 2 (i4200u, HD4400), I'm definitely interested.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 09:45

- Added engine tunnings to traders
- Reduced 1000+ civilians to 150ish, keeping all the names ones
- Reduced Khaak spawn (got annoying)
- Reduced some M5 patrols (very little)
- Reduced Khaak Home defense m5 spawns

In my game (not included here) I've also replaced all the High polly ship models with MK1 capitals (made the game experience way different - read more fun)
Replaced a lot of standard ship models with less polly ones from the German forum
Replaced Terran stations with smaller versions
+ Improved Combat Frame Rate

Now I'm probably going to change Khaak beam weapons to a less laggy version. Having just fought a Khaak corvete made me realize how bad it was for performance.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 09:51

Thank you for the details. I may have to try it!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 11:34

Please do not post that in this thread. It is not endorsed by me and will not be compatible with future xrm releases.

I advise against installing modifcations that alter core xrm files. They can cause many problems if the author does not keep up with future xrm releases and update their files. There have now been several mods like this which have been abandoned by their authors and installing them with later xrm versions can cause lots of problem.

I cannot offer support to anyone running this.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”