How can I edit Brightness / gamma?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Finaltwist

How can I edit Brightness / gamma?

Post by Finaltwist » Tue, 23. May 23, 17:50

Hi all ,first of all I search titles for "gamma" and "brightness" and didnt find a mod here, so asking the x3 gurus my question:

My game is VERY dark - I am playing X3LU on linux, but even from the standard screenies (in the screenshot folder) I can see that there's nothing wrong with my light level and its the standard light level.

Problem is, I don't want to play this way, I'm playing on a laptop in a bright room and i spend most of my time squinting to see if there's a dark object against that dark background. Not that much fun.

in X3LU, or in my game at least, Gamma is greyed out.

What file could i edit to chang the gamma/brightness of the world? Is there a mod that does that?

Thanks!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: How can I edit Brightness / gamma?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 25. May 23, 20:46

Afaik the gamma level is not a moddable value. No idea why this option is greyed out for you.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”