Joystick not working in X3:AP and X3:FL (Linux)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

imprimez

Joystick not working in X3:AP and X3:FL (Linux)

Post by imprimez » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 06:19

I'm using Steam versions of both X3:AP and X3:FL on Ubuntu Linux. Both games see my joystick in the "Input Device" menu and I can even see activity on the axes when I move the joystick around. Once in game, however, the joystick does nothing at all. For troubleshooting, one thing I tried so far was going into the Steam controller settings for the game and setting it to "Disable Steam Input." This made no difference.

The joystick I'm using is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I've tried with both new and saved games and am not running any modifications. The joystick worked with another flight sim game when I tested it. Also, the same joystick works with X3:AP and X3:FL under Windows (which I've since moved away from).

I find it strange that X3 can see the joystick just fine, but then it just doesn't work in game. Any ideas?

imprimez

Re: Joystick not working in X3:AP and X3:FL (Linux)

Post by imprimez » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 06:05

In case it helps anyone else, I have a wonky workaround: after you're in game in X3, alt+tab out and switch focus to another application. Then, switch back to X3. This works for me as suddenly I can now use the joystick. So bizarre.

BarFly
x4

Re: Joystick not working in X3:AP and X3:FL (Linux)

Post by BarFly » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 18:01

Hello,
imprimez wrote:
Wed, 28. Sep 22, 06:05
In case it helps anyone else, I have a wonky workaround: after you're in game in X3, alt+tab out and switch focus to another application. Then, switch back to X3. This works for me as suddenly I can now use the joystick. So bizarre.
In my case it helped :-)
A couple of minutes ago i tried it and it works also for me. Thats really weird. But ok its a work around.
I got to figure out how to setup it up, but because the control options allow buttons but no axes, it will not be that much of a problem.
Ciao BarFly

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”