X3 TC starts, but AP and FL won't..

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

quentinvespero

X3 TC starts, but AP and FL won't..

Post by quentinvespero » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:46

Hello :)

I hope I'm at the good place, it's the first time I open a topic on this forum.

I'm using Crossover (a fork of wine as I understood) to run x3 on my Mac. Okay, I know I should have posted in the Mac section.. But.

The thing is, x3 TC is running perfectly well, while x3 AP and FL doesn't. They are all 3 running the same way, in the same space, with the exact same settings.
AP and FL, both crash and close just before the Egosoft animated logo should appears. No error message, just closing.
I'm supposing (but I don't really know) that it might be a codec problem 🤷🏻‍♂️

So my question is, isn't there a difference between TC and the two others (AP and FL) at the starting moment when the egosoft animated logo should appears, which could explain a crash at that moment ? Are they using a different way/codecs...

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need more informations :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: X3 TC starts, but AP and FL won't..

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 09:51

As far as I know there's no difference in codec usage between the three games.

Try adding the start parameter -skipintro via Steams launch parameters for the specific game or via an .exe shortcut. That way the intro video isn't played, and see whether it makes any difference. Alternatively, try renaming or removing the intro logo video, it's the 00831.dat file located in the X3 Terran Conflict\mov folder.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”