[FL-541][FIX][X3:FL] Game crash after completing Taxi Quest - fixed in an upcoming update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Drone_101
x4

[FL-541][FIX][X3:FL] Game crash after completing Taxi Quest - fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Drone_101 » Fri, 7. May 21, 04:17

Version: X3: Farnham's Legacy 1.0 (Steam) English language

Unmodified

Farnham's Legacy - Argon Official Start

Within 2-3 seconds of docking to the station and getting the "bida bing!" mission complete sound the game hangs and has to be forced closed. The mission is a very hard Taxi service and completing it gives an agent as reward, and pushes my relations into the negative with the Argon and Boron races which triggers the achievement "Unfounded".

Not sure if it's the agent spawning, the relations decreasing beyond a lower bound, or the achievement trigger that is causing the crash.

I have tried changing the sequencing of my actions, rebooting and reinstalling the game but it still crashes if I continue from the last Autosave. I'm happy to attach my DxDiag and a copy of the save file but I don't see an upload option anywhere here. Thanks for making a great game, really enjoying it so far, loving the new interactive encyclopedia - wish there was a 'collapse all trees' on the ships page tho once it gets pretty full scrolling down to the bit you want takes a while!

Bonus Side bug: The Caimon Super Freighter has incorrect default cargo hold size (before upgrading) of 58,000 instead of the intended 5,800 that would fit it, you can check this on the Encyclopedia but not the ship browser as the ship browser only shows Max Upgraded Cargo not basic unupgraded value.

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [X3:FL] Game crash after completing Taxi Quest

Post by TVCD » Fri, 7. May 21, 09:38

[FL-541]

Can you provide a Save?
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

Drone_101
x4

Post by Drone_101 » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:50

Copy of the save that crashes immediately: https://easyupload.io/cd7yrl

Rename it to X13.sav and it'll be in the bottom autosave slot. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:12

I believe I'm having this issue as well. I'm playing X3:FL unmodified with the Argon Official start.

Copy of save

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Jump to Cloudbase Southwest.
  2. Dock at the target station for the taxi mission.
  3. Wait a few seconds or undock immediately to observe crash.
I was able to get past this somehow without crashing, but have not been able to reproduce it. I have a feeling it has to do with the timing of completing the mission and other things. I believe when it didn't crash, what I did was something along the lines of flying around the station for a bit before docking.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [FL-541][X3:FL] Game crash after completing Taxi Quest

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 9. May 21, 09:38

This will be fixed in an upcoming update. Reason for the game lock up / freeze are the MK3-trader scripts.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Drone_101
x4

Re: [FL-541][FIX][X3:FL] Game crash after completing Taxi Quest - fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Drone_101 » Mon, 10. May 21, 05:04

Thanks good to know, just a heads up UTs are also buying *turbo boost extensions now for some reason. https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... _in_x3fl/

Presume the equipment ID was changed and is no longer blacklisted for them? It's a rather pricy upgrade for a UT pilot to purchase when they get no benefit from boosters :evil: unless they enjoy booster racing on the side between deliveries!

(edited to add the all important *turbo)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”