Was the missing IMGDLL.dll Issue ever solved?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

qwerty0897
x3ap

Was the missing IMGDLL.dll Issue ever solved?

Post by qwerty0897 » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 16:32

Hi,

I own the steam version of the game, but have noticed some mods are not compatible with the bonus pack. It seems steam does not want you to turn off auto-updates (under game properties) so I downloaded the X3 non-steam exe to launch the game.

The problem is that when I use it, I get the 'X3AP.exe - System error' tab stating: "The program can't start because IMGDLL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I did a search and found this thread: search.php?keywords=IMGDLL but it didn't seem to say what the resolution was.

Should I reinstall? I should mention that I used a vanilla install from my hard drive and then tried this without any mods. Game launches fine otherwise and have verified integrity with steam. I live in a low bandwidth area, so am only asking as a fresh download is likely to take over a week.

Thanks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Was the missing IMGDLL.dll Issue ever solved?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 17:17

The NoSteam.exe needs to be placed in the X3 Terran Conflict folder, where all the other .exe files and the IMGDLL.dll are located. Not in the X3AP "addon" folder. Please check that this is case!
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”