MISSON BUG - Spit Espionage and Sabotage

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Capt_CHAOS

MISSON BUG - Spit Espionage and Sabotage

Post by Capt_CHAOS » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 01:47

After obatining the Caiman, it is evedent that I could not complete the mission without repairing the Caiman and getting some shields on it, so after I docked at the local trading port, I took it out of the sector to repair it at a shipyard and then I returned to "Family Zyarth" to investigate the TL. Yet it is no where to be seen and the missiong guidance pointed to my ship... Weird. I went back to my save point and undocked from the trading station and it did the video playback where it is supposed to show you the ship, but instead it just panned to the void and played the nifty music. So I started to fly off in that dirrection of space with nothing in view and it did the whole planting the tracking becon thing and I was told to go to Family Ryk. So wow, the mission was um, way fulfilling...

Hope to see a fix for this some day.

Little
x3

Post by Little » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 03:30

sorry if you knew, but you do have to be inside the caiman for the TL to appear and finish the mission.

Damn straight you need to upgrade the thing. i had to put a jumpdrive on it, because if it get's destroyed the mission resets itself :shock:

Did you manage to get the following mission to work???

Unknown sector is big empty and.... unknown. and i know it's supposed to be full of Terran ships at this point in the plot. and nothing happens no matter what i do.

Capt_CHAOS

Post by Capt_CHAOS » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 04:21

Ya, I figured out that I had to stay in the thing, and that is why I knew I would have to upgrade and repair it prior to going to the TL, the problem came when I returned to the sector and no TL. Luckily it magically finished the mission for me when I went back to the save point, still no reward for instant completion because I did not actually do anything.

It was just very anti climatic as they guys yells to get out of there, and yet there was no danger no nothing... Too funny.

Spamas
x4

Post by Spamas » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 12:14

Okay, I'm going to use this thread for some stuff I've found recently with this quest line. I'd somewhat given up on it as I couldn't drop the split scientist back in the dock further down the line. I know others have had this problem but I'm not sure if a solution has been offered for it in the time I've been off the forums (a few days at least).

Its a bit long and full of spoilers in this part so I've made a bulleted list of the key points at the bottom of the message.
Spoiler
Show
So anyway, I'd given up on it and decided to just build up a decent empire and get some nice ships instead but I'm cruising around in my panther today and decide to take a trip through Family Zyarth. Suddenly to my surprise I get the old quest goal "Find jumpdrive transporter" and thinking to myself "Thats strange, I already did this" I go ahead and do the mission again. I swapped back into my cutlass given to me later in this quest line (pime taradox?) and proceeded to capture another one of these freighters. This went fairly well, bar one facepalm moment; don't park your panther above a TS that you're about to attempt to capture. I repair the TL back to full and start looking for the TL (as noted now in my mission log) But after about half an hour of searching the sector it becomes apparent that the TL isn't there any more and nor is the mission going to spawn a new one.

But then it hits me, of course its not here any more, the mission spawns this TL over in the unknown sector to the east of here. And there it is, the Terran owned TL that the mission has already captured. I go upto it and the mission automatically updates (no need to plant the scanner this time around) and spawns some more terraformers. I jump out and proceed to the odin as instructed in Ocean of fantasy. I get another cutlass. This part of it is quite exploitable if this is a reapeatable set of events for other people.

Anyway, on with the missions, I fly back to the unknown sector as asked to and defend the boarding ships and pick up a second scientist this time making sure I haven't sold off my caiman during the mission I take him back to the moon. Success! only... it still says that I need to bring back the split scientist. My old scientist is in a cutlass currently docked within my ship, so I undock from the defence station and do an internal freight transfer and re-dock. After a few seconds, this one is registered and I'm told that I will be contacted when the earth government has found more information. Yay, I can continue the storyline again!
Summary:
  • Mission originally completed to the point where you have the split scientist but it won't register when you go to the moon.
  • Return to Family Zyarth, hopefully like me you'll be asked to find the jumpdrive transporter again.
  • Capture this ship and you'll be asked to find the TL. This will now be in the unknown sector east of Zyarth's dominion. It will have been moved there as part of the previous play through of this quest line.
  • From here on out play the mission as normal, approach the TL and it will spawn terraformers. Run away and fly to the Odin to continue the chain.
  • Defend the boarders as asked.
  • Pick up the scientist and return him to the moon. When doing this I had my orignial scientist in a seperate ship and had to hand in both. This completed the quest and I can now continue the storyline.
At a guess I'd say that the mission bugs out if you loose the caimen freighter from the second part causing it to roll back. This makes it so the goal of the mission (internally, not displayed) to find such a freighter again. Either way, some feedback on this workaround would be great to find out if it works or doesn't work for other people.

h8torade

Post by h8torade » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 17:32

I had some trouble with this mission also...especially with 2 Xenon patrols cruising around the sector. I remember one of my attempts I had to wait for a Q to stop attacking the TL.

First try 6 ships came out of the TL and blew my caiman to bits since i didnt repair it.

Second try I repaired my caiman and the 6 ships came out before the cutscene and made a b line to me.

Third try I got to the TL switched to my fighter I had following me and planted the tracker without any enemy ships coming out to attack me at all.

Hopefully the 1.3 patch fixes all these mission bugs and smooths out the game a bit.

RiSkE
x3tc

Post by RiSkE » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 19:37

I just had my Terran M3 follow the Caiman, and when it was time to place the tracking device, I transferred to my fighter and told the Caiman to get away before I planted it. I didn't realise people were having problems :P

MICHAEL D. STANDARD
x3tc

Post by MICHAEL D. STANDARD » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 23:22

Where can i find the tracker devise? I have no problem doing the rest but the tracker is nowhere to be found. Hope someone can help!

h8torade

Post by h8torade » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 01:55

the tracker is not an item. you just need to get close to the TL and wait for it to be planted. just like when you scanned the pirate base in the earlier mission.

Ilintar
x3tc

Post by Ilintar » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 03:12

I guess (just guess, this is not based on a look into the Mission Director files yet) that this is due to the "destroyed or lost Caiman" trigger remaining too long in the quest, resetting it whenever you lose the ship somehow.

pants_marshall
x4

Post by pants_marshall » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 13:09

So it looks like if you loose your Caimen during the planting of the tracker your screwed to do the next part.

I've flown back to the sector to restart the tracker planting device but my mission doesnt restart.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 13:31

I don't understand what the problem is with this mission when you are told to get in the Caiman... :roll:

Anyway transfer a jump drive to it and once you get within 600m of the TL (AFTER the cutscene showing the TL) activate the jump drive (jump anywhere) but keep moving CLOSER to the TL. The scanning part should start and just after it has completed the jumpdrive should kick in. The deca's will be lucky to get a shot off at you.

I can't remember if anything happens in between but you end up being told to go to the unknown sector and the TL should be there.

Follow the directions (can't remember what they were) and you should then be told to pick up the scientist. You can do this part of the mission in your usual ship - just make sure you have cargo life support installed and the ship can handle M class wares.
Spoiler
Show
Look out for the Enhanced Jaguar in this sector - it does over 600 m/s. DON'T SELL IT as I think it is a one of a kind - well at least until you get your PHQ...

gdn

good game, but also annoyed

Post by gdn » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 14:07

another with the same problem... seriously confused how i am going to pass this mission - I managed to plant device and leave sector, made it to next stage of mission (unknown sector) but since then the caiman has been destroyed. Now the mission guidance tells me to cap caiman but yellow pointers tell me to go to unknown sector. No caimans left in family zyreth to cap.

is there a fix planned? Will fix be alright for already f**ked games?

*not on topic:
managed to get past goner mission bug by using cheat script to warp in 3-4 Khaak destroyers with argon nationality to take out myriads of pirates, but even by cheating can't figure out how to get past this one.

*not on topic:
other bugs i've encountered is m148 mission which was solved by talking to JB's mate, and can't run game with textures on high without stutter. Some other guy with 3 GTX280's in sli had same prob (i have ati4870) Possibly turning shaders down might fix, but things have improved dramatically by putting textures to medium.

topgoogleresultguy
x4

Re: MISSON BUG - Spit Espionage and Sabotage

Post by topgoogleresultguy » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 08:34

i know this is necro but this is the top result on google.

if you were like me after dropping satellite and had to leave system because of xenon forces, only later to return hours or even days later and dont know what your supposed to do;

just find any "split caiman" freighter and scan it to progress the mission. they constantly keep respawning just for the mission.
as for the fragile nature of a freshly captured beatup caiman, some of the suggestions posted above help.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”