Where can I get a working manual for TC?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

knightdriver353
x3tc

Where can I get a working manual for TC?

Post by knightdriver353 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 03:36

I have purchased through steam and I have tried to get the manual through the Steam web site but the manual either doesn't work or doesn't exsist.

To be specific when I try to view the manual through the steam site I get the error 'There was a problem reading this document (14)'. I have had a quick look on the adobe site and it tends to say that the file in question was not compiled correctly etc.
The link I'm using is...
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/282 ... 1224266246

Can someone please try this and let me know if it works for them. I'm still somewhat disappointed that the manual didn't come with the game to begin with.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 03:39

Your link works fine for me, and the manual is downloaded with the game; it's in the Documentation folder. Try using the Verify files option in Steam to make sure your local files are up to date.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 03:40

Works for me (Acrobat Reader 8.1.2).

The manual did come with the Steam release, but it may have been corrupted at some point.

knightdriver353
x3tc

Post by knightdriver353 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:10

Thanks, took a bit of searching but I finally found it!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict\Documents

TC did not make an entry into the programs list so I wasn't sure where to start looking (no shortcuts). This is probably one of the only games I can think of where the manual is really important.

When I try select 'view player manual' through steam it takes me to the steam X3 website and not the manual. I still cannot view the manual through the web site, this may be due to corrupted local cached files or my installation of Adobe. I will look at that later. For now, I think I can start playing finally.

Thanks for the support!

:)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 01:12

Once again, if you use the Verify files option for the game in Steam, it will update for you and you should get the correct and most recent files.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”